Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2011, 10:29 PM

7,150 posts, read 10,893,251 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
You could manage California that way far better than the Legislature has done in decades.

Don't forget your smoking tent!
Chief, thanks for yet another vote of confidence from you ... but I don't really want the position. That said, if I WERE to set up shop ruling the state from my CrackerJack box, you can be assured that everyone who voted for me would get a prize -- a whistle, a decoder ring, a water transfer tattoo, a tiny plastic magnifying glass, and the like ... which all, when you think of it, would make me about the same as the folks running things now

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2011, 10:36 PM

1,027 posts, read 1,948,389 times
The future of CA (and the entire US) is destruction, riots and territorial disintegration. I hope you're arming yourself and getting ready to deal with situations like "no utilities", "murderous thugs looting houses", "no food", etc. US does not have own energy sources (significant oil resources), unlike some other countries, and when China wants to buy that oil that US is buying for itself right now, that's when the fun will start.

Old 12-19-2011, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexxiz View Post
The future of CA (and the entire US) is destruction, riots and territorial disintegration. I hope you're arming yourself and getting ready to deal with situations like "no utilities", "murderous thugs looting houses", "no food", etc. US does not have own energy sources (significant oil resources), unlike some other countries, and when China wants to buy that oil that US is buying for itself right now, that's when the fun will start.
Relax ... you're going to have an aneurysm ... and that will really be no fun at'all ...

"Arm yourselves" ... heh ... as if ordinary folk armed would come up with the cheese ... Mad Max, huh ... I actually occasionally find you and some of your comments interesting ... too bad you live under that dark cloud, especially in California where there is really a lot of sunshine ... all you gotta do is look up from time to time. Now I know you'll respond by saying how it's easy to say and impossible to do when California costs so much .... etc ... and I will be forced, once more, to state that it all depends on your expectations and limited creativity. If you can't find happiness in California, then leave ... or get creative

Old 12-19-2011, 11:03 PM

1,027 posts, read 1,948,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nullgeo View Post
Relax ... you're going to have an aneurysm ... and that will really be no fun at'all ...

"Arm yourselves" ... heh ... as if ordinary folk armed would come up with the cheese ... Mad Max, huh ... I actually occasionally find you and some of your comments interesting ... too bad you live under that dark cloud, especially in California where there is really a lot of sunshine ... all you gotta do is look up from time to time. Now I know you'll respond by saying how it's easy to say and impossible to do when California costs so much .... etc ... and I will be forced, once more, to state that it all depends on your expectations and limited creativity. If you can't find happiness in California, then leave ... or get creative
Why are you telling me to relax? I'm very relaxed when I'm thinking about the future destruction event, which is inevidable.
I know very successful businessmen, who have large numbers of grenades, automatic guns and other legal, locally, weapons and ready to stop anything short of tank invasion. Smart people get prepared. So, please do not have an aneurysm while sitting in your stinkin trailer. I do not have to live in a trailer, neither I have to have sunshine. I'm not old, unlike you, so don't worry about me, worry about yourself... Don't look at the sun, it's bad for you--gives lots of wrinkles to the skin and makes you look like a redneck.

Old 12-20-2011, 12:27 AM

Quote:
Why are you telling me to relax? I'm very relaxed when I'm thinking about the future destruction event, which is inevidable.
I know very successful businessmen, who have large numbers of grenades, automatic guns and other legal, locally, weapons and ready to stop anything short of tank invasion. Smart people get prepared. So, please do not have an aneurysm while sitting in your stinkin trailer. I do not have to live in a trailer, neither I have to have sunshine. I'm not old, unlike you, so don't worry about me, worry about yourself... Don't look at the sun, it's bad for you--gives lots of wrinkles to the skin and makes you look like a redneck.
Heh ... fine ... no trailer here by the way ... I'm on one of my boats in the tropics 2500 miles away from you and your destruction at the moment ... in the sun ... with my red neck (only it's nice and tan, actually). And when I get the urge to head back to California, it still won't be in a trailer ... I don't own a trailer, or an RV ... don't need much money ... and don't own any weapons either ... don't need the state to run well ... and very likely, old-ish as I may be compared to you, I will outlive you ... my health is incredible and I come from family lines on both sides that live and work past 90's and even 100's -- plus I don't hate the world and fret constantly about destruction. It's not a bad life at all. I rather like it. Cheers kiddo

Old 12-20-2011, 01:17 AM

12,460 posts, read 20,078,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nullgeo View Post
... I will outlive you ... my health is incredible and I come from family lines on both sides that live and work past 90's and even 100's...
Or rather....you think its incredible.... You really have no idea what potential problems are festering in your body as you type....

Ironically the "preparedness" stuff you are responding to is just another manifestation of the same delusion you are expressing here, namely, the belief that you can control random processes.... Some people are health freaks, some people are preparedness freaks, etc......its all one and the same.

Old 12-20-2011, 01:18 AM

1,237 posts, read 1,948,193 times
Quote:
Looks like someone's been watching too many Alex Jones videos. IF a scenario like what you're describing were to take place, it wouldn't be an overnight plunge into anarchy. Just like the crash of 2008, anyone with half a brain is gonna be able to see it coming down the pike. Right now...I don't see it. My guess is that this country is gonna be forced into reverting to it's baseline eventually, as all of the "alternatives" seem to be wearing out their welcomes. I'm talking about things like a return to having an actual domestic manufacturing base (environmentalists be damned), limiting foreign oil dependence, abandoning imperialistic nation-building (the Iraq war is officially over already), and generally not causing as much of a world-wide stir as we have over the past several decades. It might very well take a full-fledged depression to get us there, but it's gonna happen eventually.

Old 12-20-2011, 01:20 AM

12,460 posts, read 20,078,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sealtite View Post
It might very well take a full-fledged depression to get us there, but it's gonna happen eventually.
In the long run....we are all dead.

Old 12-20-2011, 01:26 AM

1,237 posts, read 1,948,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by user_id View Post
In the long run....we are all dead.
Yup. There's a few things in life that we all have in common. One is that we all die. Another thing is that at some point in the day, we take a crap.

Old 12-20-2011, 08:54 AM

6,390 posts, read 9,679,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sealtite View Post
Looks like someone's been watching too many Alex Jones videos. IF a scenario like what you're describing were to take place, it wouldn't be an overnight plunge into anarchy. Just like the crash of 2008, anyone with half a brain is gonna be able to see it coming down the pike. Right now...I don't see it. My guess is that this country is gonna be forced into reverting to it's baseline eventually, as all of the "alternatives" seem to be wearing out their welcomes. I'm talking about things like a return to having an actual domestic manufacturing base (environmentalists be damned), limiting foreign oil dependence, abandoning imperialistic nation-building (the Iraq war is officially over already), and generally not causing as much of a world-wide stir as we have over the past several decades. It might very well take a full-fledged depression to get us there, but it's gonna happen eventually.
An excellent post, that is a possible scenario. I figure that as long as we can buy cheap stuff from China, nothing will change.
The idea that you can arm ones self against "murderous thugs" ain't going to work, the "murderous thugs" will be better armed, and if they know you have food and guns, well then, you will have a particularly nasty set of trick or treaters.

The most murderous will do the best.. Best not to have that scenario come about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California