Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What is your favorite forest in California?
Angeles 1 3.03%
Cleveland 1 3.03%
Eldorado 2 6.06%
Inyo 2 6.06%
Klamath 0 0%
Lake Tahoe Basin 0 0%
Lassen 2 6.06%
Los Padres 6 18.18%
Mendocino 0 0%
Modoc 0 0%
Plumas 3 9.09%
San Bernardino 1 3.03%
Sequoia 5 15.15%
Shasta-Trinity 3 9.09%
Sierra 4 12.12%
Six Rivers 0 0%
Stanislaus 3 9.09%
Tahoe 0 0%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2011, 11:54 AM

7,372 posts, read 16,012,366 times

Advertisements

Metasequoia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

5's and 10's, please.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2011, 01:35 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,692,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snort View Post
Cheater.

Old 12-27-2011, 01:37 PM

7,372 posts, read 16,012,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Cheater.
I'm feeling generous today. I'll split it with you.

Old 12-27-2011, 02:45 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,692,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snort View Post
I'm feeling generous today. I'll split it with you.
I wonder if we can get it in carbon credits.

Old 12-27-2011, 04:01 PM

6,390 posts, read 9,682,084 times
Excellent work Snort, that must have taken some time. If you and Bulldog will supply me with your bank account number and routing number I will transmit the money directly from my agent in Nigeria

Old 12-28-2011, 08:56 PM

39 posts, read 117,683 times
See my post here for pictures of Los Padres!

//www.city-data.com/forum/ventu...-trip-los.html

Old 12-29-2011, 08:04 AM

268 posts, read 817,323 times
[quote=.highnlite;22256800]No, you are incorrect in your assigning blame. Let us go through your posts.

"They" have not been shutting down access, specific entities have been,

Quote:
Originally Posted by carp killer View Post
This is correct. The LPNF is my playground. Although they have been shutting down access in the last ten years. Stony Creek area,

Stony Creek is private land, the private land owners, whom I assure are no hippies. It is their right to close access by vehicle, you can walk in, you can ride a horse or bicycle. Access has been closed because of the yahoo beer gas and bullets crowd who trash any area they come in contact with. Not all shooters and vehicle operators are the yahoo beer gas and bullets crowd who trash any area they come in contact with, but those people have ruined entire areas for reasonable users.

I do not know what you mean by Sierra Madre picnic area. The entire Sierra Madre road is open after the stabilization efforts post La Brea Fire. The Sierra Madre road is closed in wet weather as are many Forest roads to prevent damage by the yahoo beer gas and bullets crowd who trash any area they come in contact with.

, There are 7 locked gates in the Rock Front Ranch area that I am aware of, all on or leading to private land. The Forest Service did not place the gates or lock them, the private land owners did because of yahoo beer gas and bullets crowd who trash any area they come in contact with.

Those roads are considered public highways, and require the same licensing as any public highway.

The closing of shooting has entirely to do with the yahoo beer gas and bullets crowd who trash any area they come in contact with.

Not true at all. The Forest Service is sued right left and center by every imaginable group, whether Corva or CBD, they are gun shy and tend to close areas for fear of law suits.

Los Padres Forest Watch sued a year ago to block normal road maintenance on Forest Roads. They won. The FS in order to forestall further lawsuits, closed 750 miles of roads until they could complete Forest Watch mandated biological surveys.

That was the reason for delayed openings on so many roads in the forest this year.

Here is a piece of information for you. If you, or a radical enviro group, or an OHV group sues a Federal Agency and wins, the agency must pay your legal bills, plus cash.

Most of the lawsuits are filed by radical environmental groups. A study completed this year has shown that in the last decade the Forest Service has paid over $12,000,000 of your dollars, the taxpayers dollars to radical environmental groups such as Center for Biological Diversity, and Los Padres Forest Watch. These groups are for profit outfits, they sue, they collect, you lose.

Now, if you have a problem with the FS, please remember that they are under constant assault by these groups.

I am assuming you like OHV's, since you brought up Rock Front. I advise you to join CORVA. I don't agree with their entire agenda, but, I do agree with much of it.

In the meantime here are some links to follow for more data

http://www.hcn.org/wotr/extreme-green/

http://www.eenews.net/assets/2011/07...ment_gw_01.pdf

Paradise Lost at Red Rock? Longtime Road Closure Limits Recreational Access - Noozhawk.com

If you have questions or comments, let me know. Remember the Forest Service is your friend. The Radical Environmental groups, and specifically for our area, the Los Padres Forest Watch, is not your friend.
Thank you for the education.

And I am quite aware of what goes on at Carlotti Dr. I have a mole.

Old 12-29-2011, 09:14 AM

6,390 posts, read 9,682,084 times
Quote:
Thank you for the education.

And I am quite aware of what goes on at Carlotti Dr. I have a mole.
Good deal, hopefully your mole can reinforce what I put in the post. I am generally pretty pro environment, but I am so angry at the enviro groups, the Forest Service is made up of pretty dedicated and well educated individuals, that the enviro groups can run the Forest Service by law suit, annoys the heck out of me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California