Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2011, 12:23 PM

15,945 posts, read 12,276,554 times

Advertisements

at this point I don't give a crap about the corporations... they are paying such slave labor wages that if they are leaving because CA actually wants livable wages paid, well to hell with them. Jobs that used to pay $20 per hour now pay $8.50 to $10 because of corporate greed. Everything is getting outsourced, regardless of the state. It's all become about the bottom line and stock price. Corporations can rot in hell.

Used to be a republican too.. but now I see this cut taxes for the rich, let the illegals flood in, keep the dollar 'strong' mess for what it really is, pure unadulterated greed. Now I'm a libertarian, because the democrats are no better. Both those parties are controlled by the banking cartel and to a lessor degree zionists.

Thus both sides keep pushing to meddle in the middle east, and won't make any real, serious change. Ron Paul is the only candidate for this change, and thus he gets ignored and/or ridiculed. Republicans can't afford to kick him out, because being independent, he would take away a win from them for sure. But they don't like him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2011, 12:37 PM

4,156 posts, read 5,558,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stockwiz View Post
at this point I don't give a crap about the corporations... they are paying such slave labor wages that if they are leaving because CA actually wants livable wages paid, well to hell with them. Jobs that used to pay $20 per hour now pay $8.50 to $10 because of corporate greed. Everything is getting outsourced, regardless of the state. It's all become about the bottom line and stock price. Corporations can rot in hell.

Used to be a republican too.. but now I see this cut taxes for the rich, let the illegals flood in, keep the dollar 'strong' mess for what it really is, pure unadulterated greed. Now I'm a libertarian, because the democrats are no better. Both those parties are controlled by the banking cartel and to a lessor degree zionists.

Thus both sides keep pushing to meddle in the middle east, and won't make any real, serious change. Ron Paul is the only candidate for this change, and thus he gets ignored and/or ridiculed. Republicans can't afford to kick him out, because being independent, he would take away a win from them for sure. But they don't like him.
I agree with you in principal. However, maybe we need to stop passively looking to political parties to accede to our wishes, and instead force them to bend to our will.

W/r/t to Libertarianism: I've long believed that is the default non-answer from those who see the GOP for what it is. I read this yesterday, but I could have written something very similar myself. Please don't dismiss this critique simply because of the source.

Daily Kos: Why Libertarianism Doesn't Work

Buy yeah, people are finally looking behind the curtain.

Old 12-29-2011, 01:25 PM

7,150 posts, read 10,893,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nslander View Post
... yeah, people are finally looking behind the curtain.
People have always looked behind the curtain ... they see the wizards pulling levers ... and so what? This is how the world works: smoke and mirrors, levers and pulleys, puppets and dummies (yeah, literally ). Exit hunter-gatherer land : enter bullsh*t masqueradesville, full of uniforms and costumes, ties and suits, military medals and scrambled eggs on hat brims, and figures in the shadows, dressed in black with their hands up the puppets' and dummies' arses making them dance.

So what?

Once you take note, what are you going to do? And, importantly, why? Save the world? From what? Human nature?

Go fishing. Go sailing. Go visit your kids and grandkids. Take a walk with the dogs. Have a picnic. Build houses. Fix cars. Ride horses. Clean restrooms. Grow asparagus. Give someone a helping hand who is down on their luck. Pick fruit. Pick your nose.

Old 12-29-2011, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nullgeo View Post
People have always looked behind the curtain ... they see the wizards pulling levers ... and so what? This is how the world works: smoke and mirrors, levers and pulleys, puppets and dummies (yeah, literally ). Exit hunter-gatherer land : enter bullsh*t masqueradesville, full of uniforms and costumes, ties and suits, military medals and scrambled eggs on hat brims, and figures in the shadows, dressed in black with their hands up the puppets' and dummies' arses making them dance.

So what?

Once you take note, what are you going to do? And, importantly, why? Save the world? From what? Human nature?

Go fishing. Go sailing. Go visit your kids and grandkids. Take a walk with the dogs. Have a picnic. Build houses. Fix cars. Ride horses. Clean restrooms. Grow asparagus. Give someone a helping hand who is down on their luck. Pick fruit. Pick your nose.
Effect change. Human history is not static or perfectly linear.

Old 12-29-2011, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nullgeo View Post
Well, that was moto for the Wobblies.

Old 12-29-2011, 02:09 PM

5,113 posts, read 5,969,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stockwiz View Post

Both parties and the banking cartel are threatened by Ron Paul ... They will go to great lengths to make sure he does not get elected.

The same group (including republicans) are threatened by the Tea Party ... They don't know what to do with them so the democrats are demonizing them while the republicans are trying to take credit for them ... but the Tea Party is not republican and will vote them out just as fast.

The true Tea Party is not republican or democrat, they are independent and many do support Ron Paul.

Old 12-30-2011, 03:05 PM

7,150 posts, read 10,893,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nslander View Post
Well, that was moto for the Wobblies.
I confess a soft spot for the Wobblies ... but alas, no, I are not be one. They, like all movements, are limited by the same natural anthropological realities. I do, however, belong to the Dunbar's Number Club and enthusiastically promote a return to hunter-gatherer societies (-- such as the pygmies still live as they dwindle under the pressures of human folly --) the only honest social structure in the history of mankind.

Read the short article:
What is the Monkeysphere? | Cracked.com
or the serious definition:
Dunbar's number - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California