Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2011, 12:58 PM

5,113 posts, read 5,942,385 times

Advertisements

Saw this in the Political section ... Goes to show that California is clueless

Even profitable firms fleeing California
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2011, 01:07 PM

24,323 posts, read 26,701,005 times
Maybe you should leave with them?

Old 12-26-2011, 01:59 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,760,092 times
Steinberg (D) fiddling while Rome burns.

Old 12-26-2011, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
Maybe you should leave with them?
I see your on the side that is destroying California with pushing out the tax revenue generators ... ... its no wonder why California is sinking.

Old 12-26-2011, 02:16 PM

6,390 posts, read 9,627,860 times
Thanks for the good news there don.. good to see. But you aren't leaving, are you not profitable?

California is not sinking. Why just the other day I was out in the wilderness on my faithful pony, and it all looked fine to me.

The more companies and people that leave the state, the better for those of us who are happy here. The big question is how do we reclaim all that concrete and asphalt, turn it into something productive like grasslands and forests?

Old 12-26-2011, 02:23 PM

4,236 posts, read 8,080,547 times
You know California is doing an awesome job when even cube farms pack up and leave. I was surprised when Copart corporate headquarters in Fairfield packed up and left for Texas last year.

Old 12-26-2011, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by .highnlite View Post
Thanks for the good news there don.. good to see. But you aren't leaving, are you not profitable?

California is not sinking. Why just the other day I was out in the wilderness on my faithful pony, and it all looked fine to me.

The more companies and people that leave the state, the better for those of us who are happy here. The big question is how do we reclaim all that concrete and asphalt, turn it into something productive like grasslands and forests?
Don't shoot the messenger bud. If you don't like what a mainstream media source in California is telling you then write a letter to the editor of the Orange County Register. But if you support Darrell Steinberg's position then send him a big thank you letter with a red lipstick kiss at the end.

The bottom line is this article is just one of many that has been written about California's government and how they are destroying the state with their radical liberal agenda. On the contrary ... I don't see any articles complementing California's government politicians or the direction California is going. California is following Obama's agenda to the letter and in a national poll recently 75% of the people said that our country is heading in the wrong direction.

Old 12-26-2011, 02:41 PM

12,460 posts, read 19,992,436 times
Umm....profitable firms leave California, as well as other states, every year. There are absolutely no details in this article, its a useless political piece.

Anyhow, they are moving their headquarters to Texas and this will have very little effect on California's economy. Most of their revenue is generated throughout the country and the the actual revenue generating activities in California won't be effected.

I think it would be really helpful if you "pro business" people actually knew about business, for example, that a national business in California doesn't pay California taxes on all its revenue...only the revenue generated in California. And in this case the company will still operate in California, only its headquarters is moving, so it will be subjected more or less to the same taxes and regulations that it was before and after relocation. So then what is the relocation about? More than likely Texas is offering them sort of tax deal...which is common for Texas since it has such poor internal business creation and can't depend on internal activity for business growth. Like the article said, if California was really so bad for business how exactly is the company doing just fine? This is really a story about a large company trying to twists state governments to provide it with tax subsidies at taxpayer expensive..... The funny part is that these companies have conservatives supporting them when their actions actually raise taxes on individuals... After all, if you give tax perks to corporations...who is left to picking up the bill?

I really don't see any reason why California should have offered tax perks (and hence subsidies from tax payers) to a company that basically moves junk around the country....it should instead focus on retaining and creating innovative businesses.

Old 12-26-2011, 02:47 PM

1,707 posts, read 6,191,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by user_id View Post
Umm....profitable firms leave California, as well as other states, every year. There are absolutely no details in this article, its a useless political piece.

Anyhow, they are moving their headquarters to Texas and this will have very little effect on California's economy. Most of their revenue is generated throughout the country and the the actual revenue generating activities in California won't be effected.

I think it would be really helpful if you "pro business" people actually knew about business, for example, that a national business in California doesn't pay California taxes on all its revenue...only the revenue generated in California. And in this case the company will still operate in California, only its headquarters is moving, so it will be subjected more or less to the same taxes and regulations that it was before and after relocation. So then what is the relocation about? More than likely Texas is offering them sort of tax deal...which is common for Texas since it has such poor internal business creation and can't depend on internal activity for business growth.

I really don't see any reason why California should have offered tax perks to a company that basically moves junk around the country....it should instead focus on retaining and creating innovative businesses.
Companies moving out of your over glorified bankruptcy laden state don't do you any harm? HAHAHAHAHAHAH!

Your post filled with arrogance points out exactly why businesses are fleeing. California's over regulated "poor business environment" is forcing thousands of businesses to go elsewhere. It's also obvious that you know nothing about business creation in Texas.

Go try to sell that to somebody else. What you posted is nothing more than wishful thinking. Meanwhile we are enjoying the incoming businesses... just wish there was some way to keep the Californistanians from coming here with them.

Old 12-26-2011, 03:08 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,502,350 times
80-100 million in direct economic loss in the Sacramento region from Waste Connections moving corporate operations to Texas. I first posted on this issue with Waste Connections and that idiot Darell Steinberg many months ago.

3.91 billion dollar Sacramento based Company looking to move to Texas
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California