Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2012, 07:14 PM

4,254 posts, read 5,615,453 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katnip kid View Post
You must remember, it was within my lifetime that Gays were arrested simply for associating with other Gays. True. Gay bars were raided by the police and the people inside arrested.
Not true. "Gay" bars are places where homosexuals meet to initiate illicit activities. They have always been free to associate for licit purposes.

Quote:
But, eventually, high school age perhaps, the treatment of Gays must be mentioned.
Why? I don't see any reason for schools to mention homosexuality at all, unless to explain that homosexual acts are crimes against nature and a public menace. Frankly the topic shouldn't be on anyone's mind: forcing children to think about homosexuality even for a second is an aggressive act, a form of abuse.

Quote:
And no, you don't have the right to harass me based on sexual orientation, just like you shouldn't harass/bully someone over race and religion.
True, I don't have the right to harass you. But you don't have the right to harass me either. Deliberately making your disordered sexual attractions public is harassment, an aggressive act. You are forcing me to contemplate things I have a right not to contemplate. And if you force this on my children, well, then you have a fight on your hands.

The state has not only the right, but the positive duty, to maintain public decency by criminalizing homosexual acts, controlling the expression of homosexuality, and preventing a homosexual sub-culture from ever developing. Otherwise, people who struggle with homosexual temptations ought to be left entirely in peace - just like people who are sometimes tempted to torture cats. :-)

Old 01-04-2012, 07:44 PM

4,156 posts, read 5,573,638 times
Can we lock this before I call Western Pilgrim a disgusting person?

Old 01-04-2012, 08:16 PM

7,150 posts, read 10,918,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WesternPilgrim View Post
Not true. "Gay" bars are places where homosexuals meet to initiate illicit activities. They have always been free to associate for licit purposes. ...
Unlike straight, "meat-market" bars where good clean honest upright moral god-fearing hetero's go to get drunk and laid and cheat on their wives and husbands.

And the rest of your drivel went right on track with your "right to judgement of others" arrogance. Yep, a real lover of freedom. We can trust America in your hands. pshaw

(And no, "they" haven't always been free to openly associate for licit purposes ... oh, wait, you don't include committed partnerships and having families and expressing love and affection licit? .... whoooops, my bad ... carry on then)

Old 01-04-2012, 08:35 PM

1,320 posts, read 2,703,728 times
Quote:
Not true. "Gay" bars are places where homosexuals meet to initiate illicit activities. They have always been free to associate for licit purposes.

Why? I don't see any reason for schools to mention homosexuality at all, unless to explain that homosexual acts are crimes against nature and a public menace. Frankly the topic shouldn't be on anyone's mind: forcing children to think about homosexuality even for a second is an aggressive act, a form of abuse.

True, I don't have the right to harass you. But you don't have the right to harass me either. Deliberately making your disordered sexual attractions public is harassment, an aggressive act. You are forcing me to contemplate things I have a right not to contemplate. And if you force this on my children, well, then you have a fight on your hands.

The state has not only the right, but the positive duty, to maintain public decency by criminalizing homosexual acts, controlling the expression of homosexuality, and preventing a homosexual sub-culture from ever developing. Otherwise, people who struggle with homosexual temptations ought to be left entirely in peace - just like people who are sometimes tempted to torture cats. :-)
Gay bars most certainly have not always been places where gays have been free to socialize without harassment. Your statement is a good reason why ALL aspects of American history need to be taught. You are wrong. Any older gay man can tell you that this happened. It was even illegal to cross dress, and lesbians had to be careful to wear at least one item of traditional womens clothing such as a scarf lest they, too, be harassed. What business is it to anyone what kind of clothes somebody wheres?

Nobody is forcing anyone to think about homosexuality, it is a topic that is on lots of peoples minds already. You don't want to contemplate something? Then don't. But the truth must be taught, the fact that different races, religions, politics and yes even sexual orientations exist. No body is forcing acceptance, or conversion, but I find your opinion that homosexuality is against nature a greater form of abuse. If homosexuality is so "against nature" then so many of us wouldn't have been created. Funny, we are forced to "contemplate" you and your thoughts. I fail to see how talking frankly about what exists and what our history has been is a torture or form of abuse to you. Teens are plenty aware of homosexuality. Just listen to the slurs in any hallway or place where they congregate.

You say that schools should say that homosexual acts should be taught to be a public menace. Wow, I can see the kind of hateful values that will produce in a child. That type of attitude is exactly what produces gay bashing and pograms against gays. Sick. You want schools to teach hate. But our gay subculture would still develop, just as it always has existed,because we will always exist, because homosexuality is natural, even if you don't like it.

You want to teach hate? You want to go back to a time when my private behavior is criminalized, and persecuted? Then you would have a bigger fight on your hands.

Old 01-04-2012, 08:38 PM

1,320 posts, read 2,703,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nslander View Post
Can we lock this before I call Western Pilgrim a disgusting person?
Hitler would have loved him...oh wait, that would be ....eeek...homosexuality...assuming westernpilgrim is a guy. But not to worry, now the theory is that the Nazis were gay.....oh , yet another reason we need to teach all sorts of history to our young....and old, too.

Old 01-04-2012, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nullgeo View Post
Unlike straight, "meat-market" bars where good clean honest upright moral god-fearing hetero's go to get drunk and laid and cheat on their wives and husbands.
A separate topic, but your point is valid. Glad we finally agree on something. This problem is easily solved by returning bars and taverns to exclusive (or near-exclusive) male patronage. Like it was back when America was run by the Taliban.

Old 01-04-2012, 09:45 PM

Quote:
A separate topic, but your point is valid. Glad we finally agree on something. This problem is easily solved by returning bars and taverns to exclusive (or near-exclusive) male patronage. Like it was back when America was run by the Taliban.
Lmao ... you're a peach, pilgrim (emphasis on the second syllable: 'grim') ... assume your wife loved the burka you got her for Christ's b'day bash a couple weeks back ... hope so.

Old 01-04-2012, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Gay bars most certainly have not always been places where gays have been free to socialize without harassment. Your statement is a good reason why ALL aspects of American history need to be taught. You are wrong. Any older gay man can tell you that this happened. It was even illegal to cross dress ...
Please read my statement again. The socializing that transpires in "gay" bars is clearly for illicit purposes. Homosexuals have always been free to associate for licit purposes, just like anyone else - family (real family), friendship (real friendship), business, education, religion, etc. Pursuing random acts of sodomy is not a morally licit activity.

Old 01-04-2012, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nullgeo View Post
And the rest of your drivel went right on track with your "right to judgement of others" arrogance.
Just curious about something, Nullgeo. In this thread you have judged me, personally, to be arrogant, wrong, depraved, corrupt, discriminatory, bigoted, dishonest, and much more.

So where does your "right to judgment of others" come from? Your own all-knowing wonderful self? Does that make you arrogant too?

Old 01-04-2012, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Please read my statement again. The socializing that transpires in "gay" bars is clearly for illicit purposes. Homosexuals have always been free to associate for licit purposes, just like anyone else - family (real family), friendship (real friendship), business, education, religion, etc. Pursuing random acts of sodomy is not a morally licit activity.
1.) spend much time in gay bars researching this, pilgrim?
2.) god appointed you definer of "real"ity?
No, homosexuals have NOT always been free as you and me.
Living behind a veil of repression of sexual identity is not freedom.
Just as living behind a veil of false religious beliefs is not freedom.
You should come out of your little religious closet ... smell the roses.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California