Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2012, 06:59 PM

4,156 posts, read 5,571,899 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WesternPilgrim View Post
Tell you what, if your side shuts up about it you'll never hear another word from me!

Impeccable logic. Another fine product of CA public schools.

The reason it never crosses your mind, Sherlock, is because there aren't any public officials, judges, politicians, civic leaders, teachers, TV sitcoms, bumper stickers, billboards, etc., ad nauseum, shoving necrophilia in your face 24/7 and threatening to "educate" your children on the subject.
You must have a very wide stance.

Old 01-16-2012, 09:07 PM

4,254 posts, read 5,613,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .highnlite View Post
Isn't interesting how may "anti" gay conservatives get busted for gay activities.
How many is that, exactly? Let's see, there's Haggard, Craig, and someone once associated with FRC I think. That's all I can come up with - three.

Maybe you've got more. Let's say you scour the internet for a few hours and find one or two dozen. What does it mean? 1) In terms of representing millions of Americans who are opposed to homosexuality, it is statistically insignificant. 2) In terms of representing thousands of Americans involved in pro-family activism, it is statistically insignificant. 3) In terms of giving the credibility of personal experience to their position that homosexual acts are destructive and disordered, it enhances their arguments.

Quote:
I figure the louder one howls against "gayness" the greater the probability of a closet.
Your figuring is worth about as much as Bakerdante's. It's total nonsense. It's like saying the louder one howls against "homophobia" the greater the probability of being a homophobe.

Old 01-16-2012, 09:18 PM

135 posts, read 310,892 times
Sorry, but there have been far too many cases of people who stand up and preach against gays, only to find out later, their intent was to keep themselves in the closet. It happens all the time. And, I still believe, those who shout the loudest are the gayest of all. It is not normal for someone to be so hell-bent and infatuated with continually taking a stance against someone's lifestyle (which is a biological trait, regardless of what anyone says) when it doesn't have anything to do with them or have any impact on their lives. It is far more ABNORMAL than being gay.

Live and Let Live....There's room for everyone in this world.

Old 01-16-2012, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beasleb View Post
Sorry, but there have been far too many cases of people who stand up and preach against gays, only to find out later, their intent was to keep themselves in the closet. It happens all the time.
Pure baloney. You know what happens all the time? Homosexuals engaging in astronomical rates of promiscuity, contracting sexually transmitted diseases, battering each other, abusing alcohol or drugs, committing suicide, molesting children, and essentially ruining their lives and the lives of others at far higher rates than the general population. See this article for all the stomach-churning details (not for delicate readers).

Quote:
Originally Posted by beasleb View Post
And, I still believe, those who shout the loudest are the gayest of all.
Which is further evidence that, apparently, homosexuality also rots the brain.

Old 01-16-2012, 09:36 PM

6,390 posts, read 9,698,756 times
I am always curious about aberrant human behavior. I find those that profess disgust at activities fairly common among mammals particularly interesting.

To justify that disgust with mythology taken from ancient Persian and Egyptian sources, adapted by a tiny group of people on the east littoral of the Mediterranean Sea, and later attached to the political structure of the collapsing Roman Empire is, I think, psychologically interesting.

The ancient Greeks considered Homosexual relationships vital to military unit cohesion with no morality judgements attached, much like the Japanese and quite at odds with modern Christian prejudices.

The absolute horror of homosexuality evidenced in Judeo/Christian/Muslim culture is not replicated in most other world cultures. The root of it would be a worth while research topic.

Old 01-16-2012, 09:42 PM

Quote:
The ancient Greeks considered Homosexual relationships vital to military unit cohesion with no morality judgements attached ...
You are aware, of course, that in ancient Greece homosexuality was inseparable from pedophilia. Interesting that so many apologists for homosexuality use the Greeks as justification.

Old 01-16-2012, 09:45 PM

7,150 posts, read 10,913,572 times
Quote:
How many is that, exactly? Let's see, there's Haggard, Craig, and someone once associated with FRC I think. That's all I can come up with - three.

Maybe you've got more. Let's say you scour the internet for a few hours and find one or two dozen. What does it mean? 1) In terms of representing millions of Americans who are opposed to homosexuality, it is statistically insignificant. 2) In terms of representing thousands of Americans involved in pro-family activism, it is statistically insignificant.
Hmmm ... "statistically insignificant"? Well, gotta define the statistical reference there, bubba. There are quite a number of names more, btw., and I suspect we can/will trot them all out over the course of a few more posts -- but no need for the moment to point out that the numbers of adherents, followers, constituents, what-have-you that these *ahem* 'errant' characters reached and influenced with their message counts a great deal in factoring the hypocrisies. It's not the number of nut cases, it is the extent of their reach that is significant -- highly so.

Quote:
3) In terms of giving the credibility of personal experience to their position that homosexual acts are destructive and disordered, it enhances their arguments. ...
Now, now then ... weren't you the one who recently was making cracks about inability to follow syllogisms? How do the "homosexual acts" of these busted individuals demonstrate "destructiveness" and "disorder"? The "destructiveness" and "disorder" were a result of their insincerity and dishonesty to the public -- not homo-sexual acts, which are, after all, simply physical actions of pleasure.

Old 01-16-2012, 09:47 PM

24,135 posts, read 32,547,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshine7793 View Post

Why should anyone have a problem with this?

Old 01-16-2012, 09:52 PM

7,150 posts, read 10,913,572 times
Quote:
You are aware, of course, that in ancient Greece homosexuality was inseparable from pedophilia. Interesting that so many apologists for homosexuality use the Greeks as justification.
Again: syllogism. The fact that the two occurred together in that case (Greek military units) does not make one the consequence of the other. Pedophilia is one sexual behavior. Homosexuality is another. They are each found very separate from each other. You are conflating.

Old 01-16-2012, 09:56 PM

14,044 posts, read 27,245,682 times
OK, this is wandering off the topic of California and becoming a P&OC discussion.

Thread closed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California