Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2012, 08:03 PM

4,254 posts, read 5,615,453 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexxiz View Post
Funny how people have a problem with "gay history" being taught, and have no problem with history of movements for the rights for other minority groups--this is nothing but homophobia which is not even veiled.
The only "gay history" that should be taught in California schools is a paragraph or two about the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah. As a warning, because that's where California is headed.

Californians are fleeing the state in record numbers thanks to decades of non-stop political correctness like this slowly chiseling away at our moral fabric - death by a thousand cuts. We hardly notice the latest outrage anymore. Decent jobs are evaporating, too. Our economy is strangled by so many regulations that only the deepest pockets can afford to deal with them. Those of us who don't live in a handful of coastal counties can't do anything but sit here and take it.

Fortunately, we have the deep sympathy of the Governor's office:

“If you want to live in a Republican state with very conservative right-wing laws, then there’s a place called Arizona.” - Brown spokesman Gil Duran

Got it, Mr. Duran. We just might take you up on that.

Old 01-02-2012, 09:50 PM

1,651 posts, read 3,702,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sets View Post
I hate when people try to compare 400 years of slavery, jim crow, and oppression to some crap about gays being treated unfairly. Really? So you think gays who cross all color lines have faced the same crap Blacks have historically? Get out of here with that. It's offensive to even begin to compare, especially since Gay Blacks get treated like crap from racist white gays which was told by a professor of mine who's dating a black man. Even within the Gay Community you have white gays treating non white gays like crap.

No-one said they're exactly the same, but that doesn't mean that one group is more deserving of attention than another.

Old 01-02-2012, 09:51 PM

1,651 posts, read 3,702,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowbill View Post
Do people really believe that 2 men having sex with each other is normal behavior?
Yes, actually, I do.
Why do you care what people do in private?

Old 01-02-2012, 10:21 PM

7,150 posts, read 10,918,742 times
For those of you who think California is Sodom and Gomorrah:
62 paved roads outta here (as Highnlite has pointed out many times).

Nah, I'm not homosexual ... my gay friends refer to me as "hopelessly hetero" ... but clear as can be history shows that homosexuality has been around since forever ... quite out in the accepted open back in Greece and Rome in the "Golden Ages" of philosophy and the advance of art and civilization. Get used to it. The church tried to suppress for a few hundred years and that became a cultural smokescreen. Sure looks to me like those priests wanted it all behind their own closed doors ... Selfish characters in robes and outrageous costumes. If one didn't know better (?) one might think the church was the originator of "drag" ... no?

Old 01-03-2012, 12:33 AM

17,440 posts, read 28,642,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WesternPilgrim View Post
The only "gay history" that should be taught in California schools is a paragraph or two about the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah. As a warning, because that's where California is headed.
If you read the Bible you will notice that the reason why Sodom and Gomorrah were destroyed was not because of homosexuality, but violence towards foreigners including but not limited to rape. The cause was inhospitality and xenophobia.

Old 01-03-2012, 12:45 AM

4,156 posts, read 5,573,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
If you read the Bible you will notice that the reason why Sodom and Gomorrah were destroyed was not because of homosexuality, but violence towards foreigners including but not limited to rape. The cause was inhospitality and xenophobia.
The next thing you're going to tell me is we shouldn't stone women for wearing cotton/poly blends after Labor Day, either.

All that aside, why the hell is this a serious political touchstone in 2011? If God did not create homophobic paleo-conservatives, man would, if only for our amusement.

Old 01-03-2012, 12:54 AM

7,150 posts, read 10,918,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nslander View Post
The next thing you're going to tell me is we shouldn't stone women for wearing cotton/poly blends after Labor Day, either.

All that aside, why the hell is this a serious political touchstone in 2011? If God did not create homophobic paleo-conservatives, man would, if only for our amusement.
Depends on color ... white after Labor Day is, simply, sacrilege, as all civilized and pious people know ... despite the long natural indian summer of california, one must, in all good conscience, turn to beige and yellows at the least. It is understandable that black is too severe for September in California, but, really, pure white cotton/poly is a slap in the face of God who created the seasons (and cotton/poly blends).

Old 01-03-2012, 01:38 AM

4,156 posts, read 5,573,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nullgeo View Post
Depends on color ... white after Labor Day is, simply, sacrilege, as all civilized and pious people know ... despite the long natural indian summer of california, one must, in all good conscience, turn to beige and yellows at the least. It is understandable that black is too severe for September in California, but, really, pure white cotton/poly is a slap in the face of God who created the seasons (and cotton/poly blends).
Laugh all you want. But if you refresh this thread more than once, your finest pant will reduced to a mess of pleather. And your sons will become curators at fine art museums, calling home only infrequently.

So yeah, its bichin so many get their rocks off publicly moralizing on matters of personal identity. In the immortal words of Kent Brockman: Democracy simply does not work.

Old 01-03-2012, 03:10 AM

30,906 posts, read 37,025,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess72 View Post
Sorry! I don't see how someone's sexual preference makes history. If they did something great it should be in history but not because they are gay. What if your bisexual? Would that be a seperate text book?
I understand the intent of the law. Becuase gays have historically been portrayed as freaks (if they're portrayed at all), this is an attempt to show gays have contributed to history. Typically, the presumption is/was that everyone who contributed to the betterment of humanity was heterosexual. Sure, no one says that, but it's strongly implied.

That said, I don't like how the state forces this down everyone's throats in a time where we are lucky t people gratuating from high school can read, write, and do basic math. Just look at the abundant poor spelling and writing on the CD forums as proof of what I'm talking about.

Last edited by mysticaltyger; 01-03-2012 at 03:29 AM..

Old 01-03-2012, 03:25 AM

30,906 posts, read 37,025,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowbill View Post
Do people really believe that 2 men having sex with each other is normal behavior?.
We get it. It't not normal for YOU. But some of us are wired differently. Just as about 15% of the population is left handed, around 5% to 10% of the population is gay/bisexual. We didn't choose to be attracted to members of the same gender, just as you didn't choose to be attracted to members of the opposite gender.

I always find it funny that the people who object to homosexuality as being abnormal almost always cite 2 men having sex together as morally outrageous. That always seems to push people's emotional buttons more than 2 women having sex together.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California