Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-05-2012, 04:41 PM

23,508 posts, read 23,980,674 times

Advertisements

Agreed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv101 View Post
You can live quite nicely anywhere in Calif. for $200K/yr.

Promise.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2012, 06:22 PM

258 posts, read 614,556 times
The West Coast has become a joke. I would never live in Ccalifornia. Never.

Old 01-05-2012, 06:28 PM

7,150 posts, read 10,892,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Kurtz View Post
The West Coast has become a joke. I would never live in Ccalifornia. Never.
Mr Kurtz! Say it isn't true!
Please come back Mr. Kurtz, please please please

Old 01-05-2012, 08:53 PM

258 posts, read 614,556 times
Nullgeo: Are u stalking me by any chance?

Old 01-05-2012, 09:01 PM

11 posts, read 22,571 times
Exclamation Imho

Truely, Please, LOOK elsewhere in the U.S to spend your time and cash...

I came to Cali 6 years ago, all hyped up on how awesome it would be...Im not broke, its warm...But the LEGAL system and laws are SCREWED Ass Backward and Sideways!

If you care for your sanity at all, spare yourself...the U.S has many options that would bring you much more while allowing you to remain sane.

Or, like me, you can come and see for yourself and learn the hard way...

Old 01-05-2012, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Kurtz View Post
Nullgeo: Are u stalking me by any chance?
Mr Kurtz! No! Why would I stalk you?!

http://bits.wikimedia.org/skins-1.18/common/images/magnify-clip.png (broken link)
It's just, well, your stories of the fantastic lifestyle you live now that you've escaped California!: the women, the yachts, the exotic lands, the riches! ... it's just so, I don't know -- um, intoxicating to hear about and imagine you doing ... a filthy rich, old, chubby, bald guy surrounded by beautiful topless babes, jetting around the world with the movers and shakers ... and all because you realized that California was such a cancer.

Well, listen to me gush on and on ... it's probably time for your medications and here I am fawning away ... don't mind me, you just go on ahead and do what you beautiful people do when you've escaped the desolate prison known as California.

Old 01-05-2012, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaliK View Post
Truely, Please, LOOK elsewhere in the U.S to spend your time and cash...

I came to Cali 6 years ago, all hyped up on how awesome it would be...Im not broke, its warm...But the LEGAL system and laws are SCREWED Ass Backward and Sideways!

If you care for your sanity at all, spare yourself...the U.S has many options that would bring you much more while allowing you to remain sane.

Or, like me, you can come and see for yourself and learn the hard way...
Gosh! Maybe you should DM Mr. Kurtz and get some counsel on how to escape the evil clutches of "Cali"! If he's not available, you could get in touch with highnlite or myself for a list of roads out of the state, and airports, train and bus stations. Don't want you dragging through the muck one second longer than it takes to gtfo.

Old 01-05-2012, 11:53 PM

30,891 posts, read 36,934,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultrarunner View Post
Unless you are disabled... the key to government benefits is having dependent children... the more children the greater the benefit.

She had 4 children and later health issues due to a lifetime of smoking...

She had a 10 year old car, cable, cell phone, computer and nice suburban home in the Bay Area...
To me, that just isn't a life I'd want to live, suburban house or not. I find it sad that others find this kind life normal or maybe even appealing.

Old 01-06-2012, 09:44 AM

28,113 posts, read 63,638,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticaltyger View Post
To me, that just isn't a life I'd want to live, suburban house or not. I find it sad that others find this kind life normal or maybe even appealing.
I don't know if it would be called normal or appealing... I do know it is more common than many would think...

With the change from certificates to voucher that portable... a person receiving rent assistance is no longer obligated to stay in the community that issued the voucher after the first year...

Areas like Hayward, San Leandro, Antioch and others have experienced a huge increase of families with Vouchers transferring from Oakland...

Most of the families that I managed are still with the program in other cities and several have told me changing location didn't eliminate problems as they had hoped.

Old 01-06-2012, 09:46 AM

1,182 posts, read 1,139,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultrarunner View Post
Some of us choose to stay because when you get down to it... there really isn't any place like California...

Not everyone is a slave to the Dollar and people still come here with nothing a make a good life...

Problems come and go...

My former neighbors moved to the Fort Myers area and are looking to leave... they just can't live through any more Hurricanes or the exorbitant Insurance Premiums they now pay....

They sold there California home in 5 years ago and walked away with a bundle of cash... just like many others. Unfortunately, the home they bought in Florida has taken a huge hit price wise...
I will agree there is no place like California. I love California. I always will. It is home to me. It is where I was born and where I grew up. California is me and I am it. I wish I could move back today. Not that I hate Las Vegas, it has its own things but I have to live in the real world. And in the real world when you have a family and you need something bigger than a studio apartment to raise 3 kids in and decent schools for them to go to, you just cannot afford California. If you are single or dinks, California might work for you. But if you want a family, the housing, multiple cars and school expenses in California will break you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California