Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-22-2012, 05:11 PM

1,110 posts, read 2,458,148 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexxiz View Post
I know. Doesn't sound like the happy ambience from youtube, dvd, or the cable to keep the cattle content.

Oh, by the way about the OP's post--doktors being paid 200K-600K is absolutely unfair... but of course, as the happy, cheerful waves from the tube persuade to buy chemical-laden supermarket fake food which will give you chronic diseases or buy air-polluting SUVs to help with everyone's health issues... 300K for a doktor might seem fair, as who'll save the poor masses?
Who are these doktors you speak of? I would like to become a doktor and make 300K. Do you need a license or spelling ability to become one? The C and K keys are no where near each other so I ruled out a drunken post. Please tell me more, I would like to subscribe to your news letter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2012, 05:13 PM

1,027 posts, read 1,937,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dober1 View Post
Who are these doktors you speak of? I would like to become a doktor and make 300K. Do you need a license or spelling ability to become one? The C and K keys are no where near each other so I ruled out a drunken post. Please tell me more, I would like to subscribe to your news letter.
If you want information, you can find it... search and you'll find, it's widely available, keep the eyes open.
As to "doktors"... well it's like in "Amerika"... sometimes things aren't what they look like on the surface, and sometimes... they are just overpriced, like "Kalifornia".
Personally, I prefer "medical leeches", to the word "doktors".

Old 01-22-2012, 05:17 PM

1,361 posts, read 3,700,268 times
Quote:
Are you familiar with current situation in Bay area? The area is being flooded with new people seeking tech jobs who are unable to find rental housing, due to competition and rental rates went 30-50% up in one year. People rent tent camping spaces in backyards for $40/day. These "professionals" have no chance of ever owning housing in the area where they work, despite all effort they spent to obtain their hard engineering education and become middle class. These "engineers" live in disgusting, tiny rental rooms in Bay area (apprently, going through CS program does not teach an hour of "common sense", and Reality 101 had been replaced with mandatory "diversity studies"). Middle class is pushed out of the area. This situation must be stopped. Dispersing population means more development--yes--but more development will occur in any case, unless population growth is stopped, there's only that much that land can take, unless people move on Mars.

As to the "pool of workers"--it is not a pond with fish, this is humans, who need to have own home, stability, space. Time to end this "pool of workers", "disposable" workers, jumping from company to company local situation, fraudulent start ups who go broke and fire every one after several month, etc, etc, etc. This is insane, unhealthy situation that only reflects criminal government. There's no excuse for it to exist and continue.

Finally, it is in the interest of global elites to have population, and not only in the US, concentrated in few urban metropolises, for easier control. If someone decided to establish dictatorship or mortgage away the labor force and the land in the country, they'd need such population structure. Notice how hard it is to fight war in Afghanistan--why? Because population is highly dispersed in the local mountains. With city-state, it'd only take one bomb, or even simply disconnecting utilities and tainting water supply. What's interesting, all these systems will have computerized control, and the life of populations will depend on a piece of software, essentially. Concentrated, disarmed population dependent on personal electronic devices and disconnected from land makes perfect slave population--you can even control them with smart phone apps, conveniently; add gps to devices and you know every one's location at any point in time.

You call it a conspiracy theory... the thing is that is it not. It is something that you see every day and is evident and on the surface at this point, and it is a global change and direction, not only in the US. People who refuse to see it either have vested interests or are like fish that sits in the water and can't tell that the water temperature is rising--this might seem unreasonable--as it's hard to feel the day to day change; but at some point the temperature becomes way too high to survive.
Although you come off sounding like Dale Gribble from King of the Hill, you do have some probably very valid points.

If professionals in the Bay Area with fancy Master Degrees have it hard, what the hell do you think the lower middle class and working class in CA is going through?! I hate to say it but many cities in California are absolute cesspools due to rampant unemployment and foreclosure. This gives way to a huge spike in crime. This is the reason why CA cities like Oakland, Richmond and Stockton consistently make the top ten most dangerous cities in America list. Sunny California dominates the most miserable cities list:

America's Most Miserable Cities - Forbes.com

What is a lucrative industry for the lower middle class and working class in CA? Let's see, car theft is a big one!

California the nation's car theft capital: survey | Reuters

A wild guess for another money maker among the lifestyles of the poor and dangerous would be gang affiliation. I can't say that I've ever seen Nortenos and Surenos drinking coffee together at a Starbucks in San Franisco discussing the future of handheld techology, but I could be wrong. I don't think gang bangers would be out robbing grandmas and shooting each other up if they could easily find a good job sitting on their ass making 100K+ a year. Just a hunch.

SF police respond to Mission gang violence surge - SFGate

On the bright side, you can always sell weed! In Humboldt County you can grow up to 99 plants in your private residence if you have the flimsy paper work that is notoriously easy to obtain. Although growing weed in a place like Humbolt County can be very lucrative, it is a very saturated game in a place like the Golden State where literally everyone and their grandmother smokes top shelf dank.

Marijuana Law Guidelines by California Counties - Orange County California Marijuana Law Information Center - Law Offices of Glew & Kim

Old 01-22-2012, 05:18 PM

1,379 posts, read 1,384,229 times
"How do you afford to live in CA?"

-You bought your house ages ago, getting a subsidy from Prop 13, at the expense of younger generations of renters/buyers and the state's revenue.

-You make a LOT of money.

-You live in an "undesirable", less expensive part of CA.

-You rent a tiny apartment.

Take your pick!

Old 01-22-2012, 05:22 PM

To say that CA situation isn't engineered by the elite... it's like to say that certain groups never planned to profit from the housing crash

Old 01-22-2012, 06:12 PM

258 posts, read 612,370 times
Quote:
This description only matches their strategic plan, everything is going as planned Wait a little, much, much more is to come... When the implementation matches the design, one knows they've been doing something right. Excellent social engineering, and great minds at work behind all this. The elites mentioned in the report for US Dept of Health, Education and Welfare have 2 mutually-dependent goals:

1) Enslave as many people as possible. These people must be well-controlled

2) Retain and increase wealth

The pattern you see in CA, and greater US, and many parts of the world is a part of well-engineered design, not a random self-regulating system.
Facebook and similar sites, cellphones are means of control. There were great intellectual resources put in to plan and achieve the situation that exists know.

Facebook attempts to run facial recognition on photos uploaded, smartphones get gps installed on them and can be used to track every one who uses it, all browsing info on the internet leads to "suggestions" (fabricated information for targets), building "safety" codes, etc. This is just a beginning of total control society. California is sort of a flagship here, as it is a center of development of human control technologies, and at the same times a test unit for new social order.

They admit themselves:

Description : The complexity of the society and rapidity of change will require that conprehensive long-range planning become the rule.

Consequences : Long-range planning and implementation of plans will be made by TECHNOLOGICAL-SCIENTIFIC ELITE. Political democracy, in the American ideological sense will be limited to broad social policy: even there, issues, alternatives, a means will be so complex that theelite will be influential to a degree which will arouse the fear and animosity of others.

And WHERE is technological-scientific elite located (good part of it), some of which are billionaires rivaling oil kings? the zip codes start with a 9

BEST Post I Ever Saw on City-Data

Old 01-22-2012, 07:05 PM

Banksters follow the money scent, which leads them to... Silicone Valley
Wall Street Jostles to Help Silicon Valley Manage Newfound Wealth - NYTimes.com
New dot com boom? Can this place take more?
So, let's see who will now make millions and billions in struggling Kaliffornia plagued by social division, and will do so without paying enough taxes:
Meet the Next 63 Y Combinator Start-ups - Liz Gannes - News - AllThingsD

--"groupon for groceries"
--"We automatically send premium photo prints for parents with young children. They send us their best photos, we print & send them to grandparents and family once a month.
--"We use trailers to get users to tell us what upcoming media releases they want to watch or buy, and then sell it to them when the media is released."
--" daily deals for food"
--"yelp for service professionls"
--"youtube for business"
--"A customizable chat system for your website"
--"digital toys"

--Really?

Old 01-22-2012, 07:19 PM

1,981 posts, read 3,134,289 times
No Alexxiz, I was not aware of the current situation in Si valley, with young engineers finding housing...

I can see your position on many points you make... Interesting!....

So what is it going to take for the angry youth to rise up and make changes....? It has been some decades since we have had a popular uprising....

What do you people consider your selves? Best I can tell you are fringe left, but as the numbers grow less and less of a fringe... Do you find things in common with the fundamental right? It seems many ideologies are shared......

The biggest area of profit for corporations and spending by people in the last decade has been on communication devices.... If you are struggling, I suggest canceling all the nickle and dime charges for cell phones, ipods, and all those gadgets that are new in the last decade.... You do not need them.!!..

We left the "rat race" over a decade ago... Just up and dropped out of mainstream society.

I will leave all you angry folks with this:::::::

"You say you want a revolution
Well, you know
We all want to change the world
You tell me that it's evolution
Well, you know
We all want to change the world
But when you talk about destruction
Don't you know that you can count me out?

Don't you know it's gonna be
Alright?
Alright?
Alright?

You say you've got a real solution
Well, you know
We'd all love to see the plan
You ask me for a contribution
Well, you know
We are doing what we can
But if you want money for people with minds that hate
All I can tell is, brother, you'll have to wait

Don't you know it's gonna be
Alright?
Alright?
Alright? "

Old 01-22-2012, 08:05 PM

28,107 posts, read 63,374,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenSJC View Post
"How do you afford to live in CA?"

-You bought your house ages ago, getting a subsidy from Prop 13, at the expense of younger generations of renters/buyers and the state's revenue.
Or you could say you locked in your housing costs and stayed put...

Just remember those younger generations will continue to enjoy what the older generations built long after the oldsters are gone.

As to buyers... some areas of California are seeing home prices rolled back 10, 15 and even 20 years... so those buying now are being subsidized by those that bought before...

Contrary to popular belief... Real Estate doesn't always appreciate...

Old 01-22-2012, 08:07 PM

26,573 posts, read 26,433,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenSJC View Post
"How do you afford to live in CA?" Take your pick!

Think about it: people who bought before Prop 13 in 1978 would most likely be well into their 60s by now. There are many, many of us who aren't in that age demographic.

Quote:
-You make a LOT of money.
Nope.

Quote:
-You live in an "undesirable", less expensive part of CA.
No (but most of us don't live in Brentwood).

Quote:
-You rent a tiny apartment.
Sorry, no...but we did in our early 20s.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California