Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2012, 05:36 PM

1,790 posts, read 2,926,029 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeahthatguy View Post
Sure, why not?
guess it works for you then!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2012, 05:43 PM

1,271 posts, read 2,593,366 times
Quote:
Tech sector runs in cycles. I work in it. Life is good and has been for some time.. and that time is just about to run out ..
No, that's the automotive and defense sectors, I actually work/worked in both before and after 2001.

Quote:
Many people didn't see the cycle back in 2001 and most wont see the one coming around soon .. It's exampled by the number of suckers who lined up to buy facebook... Typically the majority is wrong...

Seeing your 28 or 29 now and that makes you, 17 or 18 in 2001, you would either be in your senior year at high school or a freshman in college, explain how you experienced the effect of the cycle as a professional working stiff in a cube? I'm just curious?

Falling Down (bum begging for money) - YouTube

I never bought into Facebook, they have nothing tangible, it's a proverbial flash pot. Do you want to know the next big failure? It's Elon Musk's Tesla Electric Car venture.

Old 05-31-2012, 05:51 PM

1,790 posts, read 2,926,029 times
Quote:
Sure, why not? The place I have researched is growing.. Has good school ratings .. I have a support network there like i do here and several other states.. I can live a comfortable life. I can buy a house in cash and still have close to 300-400k in the bank. Why should I stay here and battle it out w/ people throwing cash around willy nilly and just get by 'affording life'? Sign up for a 30 year mortgage ball and chain when I dont have to? To brag : I can see Zuckerberg drink his morning coffee from my window?

Lets do the run down :
> Car Paid
> House Paid
on second thought, this doesn't make sense. if the house is paid for why would you be signing for a 30 year mortgage? and again, if the house is paid for, you should be in fat city with no struggles at all.

Old 05-31-2012, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Sure, why not? The place I have researched is growing.. Has good school ratings .. I have a support network there like i do here and several other states.. I can live a comfortable life. I can buy a house in cash and still have close to 300-400k in the bank. Why should I stay here and battle it out w/ people throwing cash around willy nilly and just get by 'affording life'?
You researched some place you use to live already, that place being Orlando?

Goes back to one of my old questions you failed to answer, how many, on average Engineers fresh out of College a few years are able to buy a house in cash, little alone amassing $300/400K in the bank at the same time? If you actually had that kind of capital, you would surely not be on here bitching about things there or any place else. Not to mention most college grads are paying their student loan debt into their 30's if not beyond.

Fed: Student loans soar 275% over past decade - May. 31, 2012

Last edited by blauskies; 05-31-2012 at 06:38 PM..

Old 05-31-2012, 07:07 PM

2,311 posts, read 3,505,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blauskies View Post
No, that's the automotive and defense sectors, I actually work/worked in both before and after 2001.

Seeing your 28 or 29 now and that makes you, 17 or 18 in 2001, you would either be in your senior year at high school or a freshman in college, explain how you experienced the effect of the cycle as a professional working stiff in a cube? I'm just curious?

Falling Down (bum begging for money) - YouTube

I never bought into Facebook, they have nothing tangible, it's a proverbial flash pot. Do you want to know the next big failure? It's Elon Musk's Tesla Electric Car venture.

There's this thing called an education .. It goes a long way in understanding the world. If you truly understand the principals and drivers of things, you understand what results many times over is just an expected manifestation of the underlying drivers.

Last edited by yeahthatguy; 05-31-2012 at 07:28 PM..

Old 05-31-2012, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5thgenSF View Post
on second thought, this doesn't make sense. if the house is paid for why would you be signing for a 30 year mortgage? and again, if the house is paid for, you should be in fat city with no struggles at all.
30 year mortgage reflects if i bought a home here (california).. Sorry, my netspeak is sort of jumbled. Makes perfect sense.. At these rates, even though I have cash, I will most probably finance the place i buy in FL .. Just makes financial sense. The key take away is that I can buy a home for the price of a downpayment on one in California... Think about that for a bit... The point should be clear.

Last edited by yeahthatguy; 05-31-2012 at 07:19 PM..

Old 05-31-2012, 07:14 PM

Quote:
You researched some place you use to live already, that place being Orlando?

Goes back to one of my old questions you failed to answer, how many, on average Engineers fresh out of College a few years are able to buy a house in cash, little alone amassing $300/400K in the bank at the same time? If you actually had that kind of capital, you would surely not be on here bitching about things there or any place else. Not to mention most college grads are paying their student loan debt into their 30's if not beyond.

Fed: Student loans soar 275% over past decade - May. 31, 2012
Here comes Mr. personal details. For starters, I make $125k+ a year (salary w/ bonus/etc).
On the side, I work for a friend as a consultant on a tech related venture. Further, I trade heavily.

College loans were paid off in 2 years flat .. Car in one... I wasn't a slouch and had multiple scholarships.. Hardly had more than $15k of debt (student loans only) when I graduated and that was just because of a technical fluke with how course credits were processed.

My claim to riches came betting on the financial/housing crisis ... I worked as an adviser for a friend who traded out of college who convinced me to start my own account .. Some would say I have a a great deal of foresight. Capital multiplies ... When I didn't have enough to spring from in the beginning, I leveraged something called : App-o-rama - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia in which i amassed over $40-60k of credit lines at 0% and utilized the Balance Transfer feature.. Tossed it in a brokerage account and went to work. I primarily trade options/equity markets... I was involved for a time in forex/futures.

Considering this, you could imagine why I originally joined the forum and why I speak to the points I do .. I pay a sh*t tone of income taxes here in California esp. as it relates to long-term cap. gains relative to the 15% i pay federal and I'm tired of it. As you know, I'd pay none in FL.

Any other questions champ? Would you like to know my favorite color? If i drink whole milk?

BTW - When are you going to get your resume spiced up enough to be able to get your dream job out in the Valley? I'd give you mine but its coming w/ me to FL.

Last edited by yeahthatguy; 05-31-2012 at 07:29 PM..

Old 05-31-2012, 07:29 PM

Quote:
You're focusing too much on my personal details bro .. Kinda giving me chills . You're right i'm wrong.. You know all even though I dare say you've never even lived in California nor work in the current hub of technology. Whatever
Your the one that divulged your details, not me. Not too hard to figure out your age based on your first post on here which was a paragraph ridden rant of biblical proportions, yet your still there in good'ole CA miserable as it gets. I moved places and hated it, left within a year, why are you sticking it out "bro?" Surely the ends don't justify the means now do they?

I asked a simple question and much like the movie "I was in Nam Man" "What were you a Drummer Boy, you must have been 10?" lol I get my answer

Now California is "the current hub of technology" do I sense some apprehension in your tone? Will yeahthatguy finally admit he lives in Tech Mecca? Hmm?? Surely you hit the nail on the head on that one and are right, sure you want to move to Florida, you wont' be able to claim that bragging right anymore and I soon will.

Old 05-31-2012, 07:31 PM

Quote:
There's this thing called an education .. It goes a long way in understanding the world. If you truly understand the principals and drivers of things, you understand what results many times over is just an expected manifestation of the underlying drivers.
Your too late, I already responded to your first post with what your quoted lol

Old 05-31-2012, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Your the one that divulged your details, not me. Not too hard to figure out your age based on your first post on here which was a paragraph ridden rant of biblical proportions, yet your still there in good'ole CA miserable as it gets. I moved places and hated it, left within a year, why are you sticking it out "bro?" Surely the ends don't justify the means now do they?

I asked a simple question and much like the movie "I was in Nam Man" "What were you a Drummer Boy, you must have been 10?" lol I get my answer

Now California is "the current hub of technology" do I sense some apprehension in your tone? Will yeahthatguy finally admit he lives in Tech Mecca? Hmm?? Surely you hit the nail on the head on that one and are right, sure you want to move to Florida, you wont' be able to claim that bragging right anymore and I soon will.

I'm trying to sort out where you are actually making any points or comments relative to the thread.. You mis-state personal details about me.. I correct you (within comfort). I used current for a reason. Florida is not a tech mecca. I doesn't need it to be. I need an affordable low tax place to start my own venture... and I already have a job .. have enough to buy a house... relax... My next job will be created by me. There are startups and tech companies already there.. More than enough to suit my needs. I used to work at one before I came here.. Many engineers in Orlando at the place I worked actually have more competence and know-how than many of the hacks I run into in the valley.. They don't write fart apps and code up websites.. They built reliable/critical systems.

Get out here so you can have some perspective .. I lived in the two places I am making a decision between .. I actually have a perspective and am making an informed choice. You have never been out here, so excuse me for seeing the slobber on your shirt from what you hear about the valley...

P.S - How long have you been in that 'hell hole' known as miami? I grew up in South Florida albeit in broward county and hated dade county for the many reasons you do .. I hope you haven't been there for over a year.. else, you would be going back on your words.

Last edited by yeahthatguy; 05-31-2012 at 07:57 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California