Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2012, 07:45 PM

98 posts, read 605,074 times

Advertisements

Ojai is a semi-rural area. People garden all over the valley, regular old vegetable gardens. My sister-in-law grows grapes, berries, peppers, melons, citrus of all sorts, herbs - you name it and she grows it in her backyard. The soil varies depending on where you are in the Ojai Valley. If you like a really happening night life and tons of stores then you would hate Ojai. Other than that, I can't think of why somebody would intensely dislike it. For any major shopping you just go to Ventura or Oxnard. Most of the valley is really pretty, no layer of smog hanging around. There is quite a range in housing prices, definitely not just high end.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2012, 12:17 AM

1,664 posts, read 3,955,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gidget View Post
Ojai is a semi-rural area. People garden all over the valley, regular old vegetable gardens. My sister-in-law grows grapes, berries, peppers, melons, citrus of all sorts, herbs - you name it and she grows it in her backyard. The soil varies depending on where you are in the Ojai Valley. If you like a really happening night life and tons of stores then you would hate Ojai. Other than that, I can't think of why somebody would intensely dislike it. For any major shopping you just go to Ventura or Oxnard. Most of the valley is really pretty, no layer of smog hanging around. There is quite a range in housing prices, definitely not just high end.
I have been there twice but failed to look for a food store or post office. Do those exist or do you have to go to Ventura?

A costco would be nice as well.

Old 01-07-2012, 12:28 PM

The grocery stores aren't much but they do exist, a Von's as well as a few independent markets. Post office in the city of Ojai is on the main drag, and there is a post office down the road in Oak View. Ah, Costco, my fave, is down in Oxnard, about a 35 minute drive. There are only a handful of chain stores in the entire Ojai valley.

Old 01-08-2012, 10:22 AM

258 posts, read 614,590 times
To live in Ojai, you must make at least $500k yearly. At least .... Ojai is a very wealthy enclave for the rich and famous going way back to the 1970s. John Derek was one of the first large property owners there ....

Old 01-08-2012, 10:52 PM

I know lots of people who own homes in Ojai and not one of them makes that kind of money. Not even close. Not even close to close.

Old 01-09-2012, 10:31 AM

1,664 posts, read 3,955,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Kurtz View Post
To live in Ojai, you must make at least $500k yearly. At least .... Ojai is a very wealthy enclave for the rich and famous going way back to the 1970s. John Derek was one of the first large property owners there ....
Laughs,,,,500k , really??? Hyperbole to be sure! And, who is John Derek? He must like to spend money.

Realtor.com has several nice affordable homes in Ojai. I dont see that you need to be a millionaire to buy them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California