Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-25-2012, 09:09 PM

2,190 posts, read 6,850,639 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCalifornianWriter View Post
Any way they choose...like those other things you don't want to talk about. Incest, etc.
I'm not threatened, like some hare in the forest, I'm mad that you think the government should be officially able to tell me to accept something I don't, or face consequences.
It doesn't work that way. We are a republic. We vote on these issues, and the people decide.
I said any way that they choose as long as no one is forcing their will upon another ... as in the case of incest!!!

And there are laws that i don't like (i wish that marijuana was legal in every state in the country for example) but i know that i have to respect those laws and accept the fact that i may face consequences if i don't abide by them.

Yeah, the people decide.
Great.
But that's the way it is so la di da.

Old 01-25-2012, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Not to devalue your point, but after much debate and sparring, that made my day. Thanks, and have a good one.
I feel so, so, so used and now devalued. (is it just me or does that little emicon guy look like a walrus?)
Btw, when you edit someone quote it's good to state that you've done so ... or highlight in red? That's just my thing and highlighting in red seems to be the common practice when someone is responding to a particular point in someones post that you've quoted.

Last edited by jaijai; 01-25-2012 at 09:28 PM..

Old 01-25-2012, 09:27 PM

749 posts, read 838,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueTimbers View Post
That is total BS. Listen to yourself....wow line in the sand

Why on earth are you putting lines in the sand to begin with?

Why would anyone not want to be respected, when they have done nothing wrong?

Boy you sure drive the point home.... You anti gay types are weird... Are you sure it is not Religion driving you on this?

It's always got to be religion...doesn't it? What, are you running down the anti-gay checklist or something?

I consider it an insult to label me religious.

Old 01-25-2012, 09:31 PM

Oh, by the way, coincidentally .... i had dinner tonight with a cousin that i haven't seen for quite awhile and who's family i don't keep track of.
I just learned tonight that one her sons recently came out and even more recently married a man who he loves deeply.
And he's happier than he's ever been and he's at peace!
Happiness and peace are two most important contributions to society.
Unhappy and repressed people who do not feel free to be themselves and who have to be secretive about who they naturally are are some of the most problematic and potentially harmful people.

Old 01-25-2012, 09:32 PM

6,390 posts, read 9,682,084 times
Quote:
I'm not Catholic, friend, I'm in fact not what you'd imagine at all.
I really wish people would stop judging me. You do not know me, so please don't.
Well, keep this going, I've got some work to do and I'll be back.
By the way, I hope you don't see me as some fanatical religios zealot or someone who bitterly opposes you...
That'd be sad, because we are all just people with opinions based on how we feel. Good night.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeftyTrav View Post
It's always got to be religion...doesn't it? What, are you running down the anti-gay checklist or something?

You are only judged by the words you use.

Old 01-25-2012, 09:33 PM

Quote:

Then what is the root of your intolerance?

Old 01-25-2012, 09:47 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,938,866 times
Quote:
I really wish people would stop judging me. You do not know me, so please don't.
So labeling my son a pervert isn't judging him?

Ok.

Old 01-25-2012, 09:50 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,938,866 times
Quote:
It's always got to be religion...doesn't it?
When it comes to homosexuals, it usually is. If yours isn't religion-based, you're a rare breed.

I saw some of your posts in the religion forum, so apparently you are of that rare breed.

Old 01-25-2012, 09:55 PM

258 posts, read 614,701 times
FLORIDA loves Gays.... Come on down to Wilton Manors !!!!

Don't forget ... BRING MONEY.

Kisses !!!!

Old 01-25-2012, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fontucky View Post
When it comes to homosexuals, it usually is. If yours isn't religion-based, you're a rare breed.

I saw some of your posts in the religion forum, so apparently you are of that rare breed.
There are people who were raised with and conditioned by organized religion who then strongly react against it.
But the conditioning remains beneath that veneer of protest and reactivity.
Generally speaking, the more intolerant and dogmatic the religion, the stronger the reaction against it will be.
But ideas implanted in a young persons mind are not easily uprooted even though the person has, later in life, rebelled against those who conditioned him/her.
So perhaps this is the case with Lefty. (just speculating)
Either religious indoctrination or repressed and/or unacceptable homosexual tendencies (or both) seem to be the cause of this kind of intolerance.
What else could be the reason?
I don't know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California