Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2012, 12:29 PM

9,894 posts, read 22,015,751 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hwy phantom View Post
They city of Paso Robles pays it's city workers well to ensure they'll get high quality people, oh wait

Lisa Solomon
Police Chief, Paso Robles

Base salary: $144,120 | Total benefits: $72,983 | Total compensation: $217,103
Another over-paid public servant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2012, 01:45 PM

880 posts, read 1,799,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saybanana View Post
There are just as many women that sexually assault men. I see it bars/clubs all the time. Girls drunk or not always grabbing guys crotches, slapping or grabbing their ass, making them take of their shirt to rub their hands on his chest, shoving her breasts in his face, and make sexual comments. Do guys report this stuff? Now if a guy did this stuff... the cops would be there.
Wow, tell me where this is, I'm there. lol

Old 02-06-2012, 01:49 PM

1,664 posts, read 3,955,562 times
Cheese Louise, i should have been a "public servant". Wow, what was i thinking. I could have made a six-figure income by helping and the public. Not working for an evil corporation raping and pillaging the land,,,key in mobs with torches and pitchforks,,

Old 02-07-2012, 05:56 AM

23,593 posts, read 37,462,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean Trails View Post
Cheese Louise, i should have been a "public servant". Wow, what was i thinking. I could have made a six-figure income by helping and the public. Not working for an evil corporation raping and pillaging the land,,,key in mobs with torches and pitchforks,,
Be careful now. In California the torch and pitchfork franchises are all unionized and you have to have a politically connected mob organizer in order to get the necessary city, county and state permits to march. Once you add-in the porta-potties required on the route and post bond for the clean-up and security provisions it's gonna cost ya a bundle. Tar and feathers are handled by the Run 'Em Outta Town Workers Union and that costs extra as well. Thank Jerry.

Old 02-07-2012, 08:35 AM

6,390 posts, read 9,679,297 times
Quote:
Trashing of Paso chief shows bad journalism

I hesitate to get in the way of the hyperventilating mob storming the castle, drooling to capture and destroy the Paso Robles police chief. If I’m not careful, I might catch a pitchfork, or get set on fire by one of the torches.
But really, can we slow down just a bit and look at this rationally? Can we eye the accusations skeptically, as professional news people do, and with judiciousness, as grown-ups do?

Read more here: Trashing of Paso chief shows bad journalism | The Tribune & SanLuisObispo.com

Old 02-07-2012, 03:08 PM

168 posts, read 554,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .highnlite View Post
To be honest i don't think much of cal-coast news out of experience. Both ms. valle and her partners always seem to "misconstrue" quotes and fit square pegs in the circle holes (and i know because of experience with her and her "investigative" reporting).

There is more to this story than meets the eye. People rag on the san luis trib for non-reporting of items, and yes, the paper seriously lacks quality journalism, however the cal-coast news is the equivalent to the Central Coast version of TMZ. The comment section in that site are even worse. Reminds me of all the hs kids that had nothing better to do than gossip and argue about who slept with who and 3/4 of the time they have no clue on how government or other larger organizations function. They are just looking for the red meat to hang on too and rally the un-educated or non-rational thinkers.

Who filed the complaints? A dismissed officer. Retaliatory? Maybe. I understand we must hold our public employees to a higher standard since they serve the public, but look into the details of the story. These men in their "hot tub" meeting could have easily said, no way, and walked away, reported to HR and filed a union grievance on the spot. Why wait till you are dismissed? These people go through mandated sexual harassment training every 2 years.

The full story will never be told. Could she had made bad judgement? More than likely. Will it result in a taxpayer payout of course, but that's what insurance is for (and to think the payment comes of a general fund, again, not knowing how a corporation or government works the misinformed well never be educated). Let's wait and see what comes about from a full investigation, before we tar and feather this lady.

Old 02-07-2012, 03:18 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,462,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn_Estrada View Post
To Let's wait and see what comes about from a full investigation, before we tar and feather this lady.
Just be aware that rails also cost extra in the event you wish her ridden out of town on one.

Old 02-07-2012, 04:22 PM

9,894 posts, read 22,015,751 times
If all this turns out to be true then its a total abuse of powers. This is one reason why the police should be policed.

Old 02-07-2012, 04:44 PM

168 posts, read 554,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steel7 View Post
If all this turns out to be true then its a total abuse of powers. This is one reason why the police should be policed.
There is no question that the police need to be "policed" it is more than lynch mob mentality and not giving someone their due process in the court of public opinion and more so the vicious and slandered means that the people on the net are doing to the Chief over there.

Old 02-08-2012, 05:56 AM

3,744 posts, read 4,084,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steel7 View Post
And i will continue to do it. This is a public forum & these are all true news articles. Im not saying all cops are bad but many are. This is just one of many.
Many cops are bad? And you have some evidence of this? Personal experience perhaps.. one too many tickets you feel that you didnt deserve perhaps.. or maybe an arrest record?

Actually real statistical evidence does not bear out your claim...

Police come from one place.. society

At any given time by all the measures that are available..

Financial background, psychological background, polygraph/ voice stress analyzer, drug tests, peer reporting, self reporting show that less than one percent of a departments personnel are "dirty" and are flying under the radar not caught as of yet

Try that in your world

The "chief" in this incident wont be around very long....

When cops go bad the rest of us want them gone more than you

The theme of your post.. to be factually correct... should read
"Overwhelmingly cops are good but a few crooks or human beings with failings tarnish the reputation of the many"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
View detailed profiles of: