Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2012, 12:52 PM

4,031 posts, read 4,458,634 times

Advertisements

Centenial:
Centennial, California - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Newhall Ranch: Newhall Ranch in Valencia, California - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

River Islands at Lathrop:

River Islands at Lathrop - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Sutter Pointe:

Sutter Pointe, California - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Easton:

Easton

Quay Valley:

Quay Valley, California - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Mountain House:
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2012, 01:46 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,928,986 times
Yuck.

"Sutter Pointe"... whenever developers add that useless "e", soulless, sterile, conformal planned existence is on the way.

Old 02-10-2012, 02:21 PM

4,254 posts, read 5,604,186 times
Sacramento desperately needs some decent, non-crime-ridden neighborhoods within striking distance of downtown. If they do this right, Sutter Pointe could be the answer. Not holding my breath, though.

Old 02-10-2012, 03:31 PM

1,664 posts, read 3,955,562 times
All i can say is ,,,"Why?"

Of course we can always use more Malls!!!!!!!!

Old 02-10-2012, 03:37 PM

2,318 posts, read 7,842,045 times
I really despise the Centennial project. It just doesn't make any sense to me to add to the sprawl already in place in the LA Metro Area. Why not utilize those investment dollars and redevelop outdated and non-competitive areas already developed? Where are those people in Centennial going to work?

Old 02-10-2012, 04:02 PM

2,318 posts, read 7,842,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by osimeon00 View Post
In Centennial?
Just like all the people who bought in new developments in the Inland Empire are working in the Inland Empire? How many people commute from Santa Clarita to LA for work? I just don't see it panning out....

Old 02-10-2012, 05:17 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,928,986 times
It already is a ranch.

And another thing: Can you imagine the complaining, by the People's Republic of Irvine, CC&R types of people who are attracted to planned communities like this, if farms and ranches were included in their orderly, controlled little world?

Old 02-10-2012, 05:21 PM

6,390 posts, read 9,679,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fontucky View Post
Yuck.

"Sutter Pointe"... whenever developers add that useless "e", soulless, sterile, conformal planned existence is on the way.
10-4

Quote:
Originally Posted by WesternPilgrim View Post
Sacramento desperately needs some decent, non-crime-ridden neighborhoods within striking distance of downtown. If they do this right, Sutter Pointe could be the answer. Not holding my breath, though.
No, it doesn't. The last thing this state needs is more asphalt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by osimeon00 View Post
This sounds exciting. I love planned communities. I'll have to check them out for the familia up north. I've been desperate to get them out of the ghetto Bay and somewhere with a little bit more class and taste.
Planned communities, taste and class? nah, I don't think so.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean Trails View Post

Quiet, you will wake up The City!

Quay Valley, no valley, no town.

Old 02-10-2012, 05:42 PM

7,372 posts, read 16,007,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .highnlite View Post
10-4

No, it doesn't. The last thing this state needs is more asphalt.

Planned communities, taste and class? nah, I don't think so.

Quiet, you will wake up The City!

Quay Valley, no valley, no town.
I suspected this thread was bait for The City.
Hope he's happy and well, designing the next super-mall for Atascadero or Templeton, Forever 21 prominently situated at the center of the superstructure.

Old 02-10-2012, 05:44 PM

4,156 posts, read 5,558,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean Trails View Post

Not just Malls! We'll also get more corporately regurgitated monotony ranging from Target stores, gas stations, grocery stores not within walking distance to any homes, more PF Chang's, more Pinkberry, more Linen n' Things 'n they will all look exactly like they do in places like Peach-Tree City, Georgia. You won't even know where you are! The kicker is not only do we get to more pave over even more earth, we can then complain about how congested the state has become and perpetually pine for the good ole’ days before the Mexicans ruined everything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California