Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2012, 12:13 AM

1,651 posts, read 3,697,189 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmiesmommy1116 View Post
The reason we have been looking at CA is it seems their med mj program is the most easily accessable for my husband. Any one know if another state's med mj program would be as easy as cali's for him to access?

Unfortunately, CA has one of the highest costs of living combined with one of the highest unemployment rates in the country. You need a stronger plan than that to make it work here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2012, 05:07 PM

6,390 posts, read 9,682,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gone down south View Post
Unfortunately, CA has one of the highest costs of living
Tellus about that, what, other than real estate is more expensive than other states?

Old 02-12-2012, 07:37 PM

1,981 posts, read 3,151,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gone down south View Post
Unfortunately, CA has one of the highest costs of living combined with one of the highest unemployment rates in the country. You need a stronger plan than that to make it work here.
Republican hey?
It seems the only ones "complaining" are republicans.

Old 02-13-2012, 12:01 AM

30,896 posts, read 36,949,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueTimbers View Post
Republican hey?
He wasn't complaining....just telling it like it is. Why must his comment be politicized?

Old 02-13-2012, 06:45 AM

Quote:
The reason we have been looking at CA is it seems their med mj program is the most easily accessable for my husband. Any one know if another state's med mj program would be as easy as cali's for him to access?
California is expensive... If it is the med mj you seek lots of other states have programs too. Some states are quite good... For example Michigan..
Here is a list of states with med mj and their laws and contact info.

Legal Issues

---------------
mysticaltyger,
Yes you are correct... I am sorry...
I just get irritated by all the right wingers whining and complaining about California...

Old 02-13-2012, 08:30 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,711,350 times
Quote:
My husband and I have decided to relocate to California. He has PTSD from combat, as well as some other mental issues such as depression and insomnia. He will be using medical marijuana to help him. We have two babies under the age of 2. Looking for a place in California where the people are med marijuana friendly, with lower crime rate/ family friendly area near a va hospital. We dont drive, so groceries and things would need to be walkable or have good public transportation. Friendly to outsiders, and not too nosy. Also, price about $1000/ mo for 2 br or more. Anywhere in California, does such a place exist?
I am sorry to hear about your husband's problems, but I am also concerned about your wanting to move to CA mainly because of medical marijuana. There must be some other way to handle his medical problems. What you want, $1000 a month for 2 bedrooms, close to shopping cause you don't drive and you want a low crime rate will be awfully hard to find. Ca, even in the less expensive areas is very pricey and low rent districts usually mean high crime.

Nita

Old 02-13-2012, 10:31 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,692,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueTimbers View Post
Republican hey?
Really? What is the percentage of the OWS crowd and its supporters are repugs?

Old 02-13-2012, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Really? What is the percentage of the OWS crowd and its supporters are repugs?

Ya got me there... I suspect a very very low percentage of the OWS crowd... I am more or less thinking of all the "California is so awful" threads on CD...and what their political orientation is...

anyway.. back on topic.. And yes I should not generalize my bad.....

Old 02-13-2012, 11:43 AM

844 posts, read 2,101,471 times
I would be more concerned about the psychotic effects of marijuana on the family. Crime in a low rent neighborhood would be a safer bet than using a substance to mask problems, that creates more new problems of a type that may directly injure the children or marriage.

Old 02-13-2012, 11:58 AM

2,190 posts, read 6,850,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wing Feathers View Post
I would be more concerned about the psychotic effects of marijuana on the family. Crime in a low rent neighborhood would be a safer bet than using a substance to mask problems, that creates more new problems of a type that may directly injure the children or marriage.
oh please.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California