Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-26-2012, 05:10 PM

4,108 posts, read 10,797,555 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenview94602 View Post
California is the best state in the union and if you don't agree, move to Alabama and leave us alone.
...and don't knock Alabama until you've been to Huntsville or Baldwin County. Huntsville has kept Alabama out of the 1970s--it's played that important of a role in the state's recent development.

Baldwin County is between Mobile and Pensacola and has beaches that are honestly far nicer than anything I've been to in California. Of course, you can't beat the California coast.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2012, 07:39 PM

60 posts, read 59,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZhugeLiang View Post
Did you need someone to refill your water dish?

Where did I say anything about liberals? Your ability to MOD CUT
Why are you always so angry and confrontational? Is your life that bad? I bet your blood pressure is at stroke levels.

Old 02-26-2012, 10:11 PM

1,472 posts, read 2,409,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Informers View Post
Why are you always so angry and confrontational? Is your life that bad? I bet your blood pressure is at stroke levels.
The guy was trolling with some crap that had nothing to do with anything I actually posted. I'm not angry, I'm just amused that there are so many posters here who are insulted at the fact the there are others here who hold different or unconventional viewpoints.

In this day and age, it doesn't surprise me that the majority is quick to play the red vs. blue card without actually engaging in a meaningful discussion. Everyone just has to have an agenda of some kind. Mayor is one of the usual suspects I'm referring to. Anything that disagrees with someone like them is "right wing."

Old 02-26-2012, 10:15 PM

1,331 posts, read 2,334,282 times
They should just stop buying our electronics and watching our movies. Chumps.

Old 02-26-2012, 10:36 PM

18,980 posts, read 32,627,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
I love California...definitely one of the best states to live (without kids).

However, now that I no longer live there the most annoying thing is talking to Californian's that constantly reference California, outside of California . It's the arrogance thing that makes people hate the state.
I can only imagine how annoying that can be, it's bad enough having to live here and hear people and their arrogant attitudes talk down about anyplace that isn't the almighty California. I'll always be proud of where I'm from but god damn some of the people here are annoying and arrogant as sh*t. It's absolutely amazing how narrow minded a lot of people are here to places outside of our state borders.

Old 02-26-2012, 10:42 PM

18,980 posts, read 32,627,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunDevil1212 View Post
I love California, I moved here from Arizona and wouldn't want to live anywhere else. The amount of things to see and do in this state is unmatched. But this poll was no surprise to me. I would argue people don't dislike California (i.e. the scenery, the cities) at all. They dislike the people here (or, at least, the stereotype of the people).

It's not liberalism itself that is disliked - there are plenty of blue states that are well-liked (NY, for instance). It's that a small but vocal group of California liberals carry a certain arrogance that isn't as prevalent in other blue states. Many born-and-bred Californians grow up in this bubble where The Right is always wrong and The Left is always right. And if you disagree, well then you must be some uneducated backwoods redneck and you can go back to your swamp. They claim to be progressive and open minded, but really they are only open minded to other liberal ideas. They believe they are the enlightened ones but really their ignorance, prejudices, and hypocrisy are at its core no different from the ignorance, prejudice and hypocrisy you see in rural or red-state America, it's simply a different brand.

I'd also like to clarify my remarks by stating that good majority of the people in this state are reasonable and truly open-minded, easy going people. Unfortunately, a minority of people are the most vocal and happen to hold many important positions, so they give the state a bad reputation.
This is especially true for the Bay Area! This place is full of some of the most "enlightened" people that are beyond ignorant.

Old 02-27-2012, 05:35 AM

662 posts, read 1,281,053 times
Simple. Jealousy and resent.

California is the greatest state in the union. It's the most innovative and culturally influential place in America. Film, TV, music, CA politics, have always influenced people's taste and politics, not just in this country, but around the world. With Silicon Valley, it basically constructed the potential of the internet as a fully realized industry, taking further hold of cultural influence.

And then you have the agriculture industry which feeds america with over 90% of the country's source for fruits and vegetable. A port infrastructure that imports more than 50% of foreign goods. A GDP as big as a foreign country. A wine industry almost completely responsible for making the US the fourth largest producer of wine. Some of the best universities in the world.

And then you have cool cities like SF, LA, OC and SD and hundreds of miles of Pacific Ocean and almost every type of geography you could think of. California simply rocks.

Old 02-27-2012, 05:38 AM

1,565 posts, read 2,450,122 times
CA could be such a great place but it's not anymore.

Old 02-27-2012, 08:26 AM

9,963 posts, read 18,492,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
I can only imagine how annoying that can be, it's bad enough having to live here and hear people and their arrogant attitudes talk down about anyplace that isn't the almighty California. I'll always be proud of where I'm from but god damn some of the people here are annoying and arrogant as sh*t. It's absolutely amazing how narrow minded a lot of people are here to places outside of our state borders.
I never realized how annoying it is until I lived in Denver.

My advice to Californians traveling to other states is to stop comparing everything to California. Nobody wants to hear about it.

Old 02-27-2012, 11:53 AM

412 posts, read 1,152,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZhugeLiang
I love California, I just hate Californians.
Quote:
So you hate yourself?

This thread is like a parade of face-palm moments.
This one is hilarious! Can't stop laughing at that one. Hating Californians themselves is just inferior.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California