Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2012, 06:13 PM

24 posts, read 49,617 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferretkona View Post
There are brick and mortar stores on the beaches selling hot dogs. As well as soda and burgers.
You may be over estimating the lure of a dog in CA. Not as common as they used to be. I had a sausage with chili at Pinks a couple of years ago. Probably the last dog I ate.
I figured that actual stores are there i only care about hot dog carts. Mmm is this your personal opinion? I dont know anyone in California selling hot dogs but i know some people here making a very good living off of selling hot dogs. You might be right if in fact they are not as popular in California but the fact that Pinks is making a killing out there makes me wonder. I appreciate your help but im not giving up on my dream ever, i think hot dogs are pretty popular all over the US.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2012, 06:25 PM

653 posts, read 945,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by giggity182 View Post
Hi everyone I currently live in Chicago and I will be moving in the summer June-July to California. I am starting a hot dog cart business but it seems the hardest part is actually all the rules, permits, licenses, and legal stuff. I can't find this info does anyone know where I can find this? Or point me in the right direction? Anyone have any experience with this? Not living there makes it harder, I know rules vary from city to city and I've heard LA has the toughest health code regulations for mobile food vendors in the country, great lol. I was actually thinking of moving to Socal: Manhattan beach, Redondo beach, Hermosa beach or Torrance beach. Does anyone know if hot dog vendors are allowed to sell on the beach? I would settle for the city of LA though. Or what is the best county for hot dog cart vending in California? Please help out I have a lot of $ saved up so i'm not concerned about that or where to live, that will be for another thread lol. I need to sort all this out so I can know what cart to buy once I move there. I will be visiting LA area in spring break next month so I will be visiting the health department while i'm down there and want to show them the cart i'm buying and go from there. Thanks any help is greatly appreciated!!!!!
Please say you'll be selling veggie dogs, too. I don't know anything about food carts, I just wanted to say good luck with the move, and I can't wait to see your cart in person! Keep us posted!

I heard "hotdog" and instantly got hungry for the veggie corn dogs in the freezer. On that note, I'm headed to the kitchen...

Old 02-26-2012, 12:33 AM

1,651 posts, read 3,697,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by giggity182 View Post
I figured that actual stores are there i only care about hot dog carts. Mmm is this your personal opinion? I dont know anyone in California selling hot dogs but i know some people here making a very good living off of selling hot dogs. You might be right if in fact they are not as popular in California but the fact that Pinks is making a killing out there makes me wonder. I appreciate your help but im not giving up on my dream ever, i think hot dogs are pretty popular all over the US.
Brick and mortar stores who pay rent and high taxes don't look kindly on mobile competition coming in, parking right in front of them and undercutting their prices. Most municipalities tightly control where and when food carts can operate so that existing businesses aren't negatively affected.

Old 02-26-2012, 01:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dclamb3 View Post
Please say you'll be selling veggie dogs, too. I don't know anything about food carts, I just wanted to say good luck with the move, and I can't wait to see your cart in person! Keep us posted!

I heard "hotdog" and instantly got hungry for the veggie corn dogs in the freezer. On that note, I'm headed to the kitchen...
Hey thanks for the kind words! I appreciate some optimism I havent looked into veggie dogs but I will now! I will try and update this thread as stuff happens. Hopefully one day I will be able to post my hot dog carts name! And everyone can check it out

Old 02-26-2012, 01:29 AM

16,806 posts, read 39,938,866 times
Pink's makes a killing on clueless turistas who have been brainwashed into thinking it's "the L.A. thing to do."

Old 02-26-2012, 01:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gone down south View Post
Brick and mortar stores who pay rent and high taxes don't look kindly on mobile competition coming in, parking right in front of them and undercutting their prices. Most municipalities tightly control where and when food carts can operate so that existing businesses aren't negatively affected.
Hi thanks for the advice well I dont plan on being at thier doorstep but if I am allowed to bring a little friendly competition you better believe i'll be there

Old 02-26-2012, 08:39 AM

749 posts, read 838,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fontucky View Post
Pink's makes a killing on clueless turistas who have been brainwashed into thinking it's "the L.A. thing to do."
100% correct.

Tito's Taco's is another example of a great many people obviously devoid of taste buds.

Old 02-26-2012, 11:49 AM

1,370 posts, read 2,181,932 times
You might find this helpful: Hot dog cart Los Angeles

Old 02-26-2012, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by C2ShiningC View Post
You might find this helpful: Hot dog cart Los Angeles
Thank you so much!!!! I forgot about yelp

Old 02-26-2012, 12:28 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,938,866 times
There's another resource, but I can't post it here because it's a competing forum. DM me if interested.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California