Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2012, 10:18 PM

15,639 posts, read 40,909,950 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by steel7 View Post
If they did have sex while she was a minor the only way the cops could bust him if she talks. I believe they waited & i hope she is worth it to him. Im sure the cops are hoping other teen girls come forward if he sexted them which i honestly believe he didnt. They are both adults so more power to them. Im not sure how long the relationship will last cause most teen girls are ditzy.
She may be ditzy, I'll give you that. But I doubt he is an intellectual giant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2012, 02:15 AM

13,824 posts, read 29,770,019 times
Family of Modesto teacher makes statement; Enochs' staff 'appalled' - Breaking News - Modbee.com

Bottom of page 2 has the second ABC News GMA interview with them.

Old 03-05-2012, 09:52 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,495,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
In this case intellect most likely has very little to do with his decisions.

Old 03-05-2012, 10:02 AM

16,401 posts, read 30,805,450 times
Everything here is legal, no one bats an eye when these rich guys go and marry young 18 year olds and it shouldn't be any different for an ex-teacher. All people are equal whether you're rich or not, so stop throwing double standards out there. I think it is messed up for anyone to do this, but it is legal.

Old 03-05-2012, 10:34 PM

15,639 posts, read 40,909,950 times
I'm sure this guy's kids are absolutely devastated, but hey ...... no big deal, right?

Old 03-05-2012, 10:36 PM

11,715 posts, read 40,309,597 times
Quote:
I'm sure this guy's kids are absolutely devastated, but hey ...... no big deal, right?
The creepiest part is that his own daughter is only a year younger than his new lay.

Old 03-06-2012, 03:29 PM

9,894 posts, read 21,924,286 times
Quote:
I agree & to quit his teaching job was stupid. He may though teach elsewhere or out of state. He didnt commit a crime so he should be ok (i guess).

Old 04-08-2012, 04:35 AM

469 posts, read 908,934 times
Dont know if we just hear about it more or teachers are more brazen. 17 yo was recently told how she could improve her grades. He is the math and shop teacher and is very respected. Her on the other hand is not so well adjusted. No one really believes her, but rumors have been circulating that this is not the first time. Hope they bust him.

Old 04-08-2012, 09:30 AM

7,150 posts, read 10,833,676 times
This guy's actions speak dishonorably for themselves.

However, judging all relationships with significant age differential is a bit over the top. I have been married 14 years to a woman 18 years younger than me. My present wife was 30 when we met (following the passing of my first wife after a 30 year marriage) which is a lot different than being a teenager, true. We met through discussion on a website focused on Deaf experience and culture -- and exchanged more and more emails over months, without knowing each others' ages for a long time. We simply found each other fun and interesting. My wife is a very well educated and highly talented individual with a lot of personal strengths. When our age difference was revealed, at a point in which our communications had begun to develop more and more personal interest, and the topic of meeting up from halfway across the country arose, I laughed and withdrew, citing my disinclination to be considered a pedophile. My [now] wife would have none of that joke -- and she pursued me even as I ceased further communications. Eventually I agreed, and my four kids accompanied me nearly a thousand miles to go camping with this lady in Montana (who also drove a thousand miles from the east). The rest is history.

It happens. My oldest daughter is my wife's age exactly. They are friends.

Old 04-08-2012, 12:55 PM

13,044 posts, read 13,779,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nullgeo View Post
This guy's actions speak dishonorably for themselves.

However, judging all relationships with significant age differential is a bit over the top. I have been married 14 years to a woman 18 years younger than me. My present wife was 30 when we met (following the passing of my first wife after a 30 year marriage) which is a lot different than being a teenager, true. We met through discussion on a website focused on Deaf experience and culture -- and exchanged more and more emails over months, without knowing each others' ages for a long time. We simply found each other fun and interesting. My wife is a very well educated and highly talented individual with a lot of personal strengths. When our age difference was revealed, at a point in which our communications had begun to develop more and more personal interest, and the topic of meeting up from halfway across the country arose, I laughed and withdrew, citing my disinclination to be considered a pedophile. My [now] wife would have none of that joke -- and she pursued me even as I ceased further communications. Eventually I agreed, and my four kids accompanied me nearly a thousand miles to go camping with this lady in Montana (who also drove a thousand miles from the east). The rest is history.

It happens. My oldest daughter is my wife's age exactly. They are friends.
Congratulations - it sounds like you have a great & successful 2nd marriage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California