Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-17-2018, 09:36 PM

21,673 posts, read 16,211,923 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Vega View Post
The state is run by Communists and you ask why do people hate Calif.
They’re under your bed Vega. Sleep tight. But just remember when you have to pee in the middle of the night you’re gonna have to hold it all in until daylight ... if you step out in the dark they’ll get you for sure for good ... nighty night
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2018, 09:46 PM

426 posts, read 351,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
They’re under your bed Vega. Sleep tight. But just remember when you have to pee in the middle of the night you’re gonna have to hold it all in until daylight ... if you step out in the dark they’ll get you for sure for good ... nighty night
V8Vega 100% is a John Bircher.

Old 07-18-2018, 03:26 PM

290 posts, read 365,849 times
Worst thing in California hands down is the politics and the politicians. They are the ones who are ruining this state.
Without their crazy regulations about building new houses we might have a much lower cost of living especially with real estate.
Without these crazy politicians we would not have so many illegal immigrants. California is known as a state that protects illegal immigrants and the politicans that control California (mostly democrat liberals) support illegal immigration.
The crime and the gangs could be stopped or at least lessened if we start cracking down on gang members and start deporting the illegal immigrants who commit crimes. But the majority of politicians in Cali do not support any of this as they believe that harboring and protecting illegal immigrants who commit crimes is right.
Unemployment can be fixed if the politicians stopped taxing the heck out of businesses and making crazy, absurd regulations that drive businesses out of California.

Old 07-18-2018, 04:40 PM

3,433 posts, read 3,721,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Vega View Post
The state is run by Communists and you ask why do people hate Calif.
Let me repeat myself. You're really tiring. You must have nothing else to do. Just leave the state.

Old 07-18-2018, 09:14 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,537,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by headingwest236 View Post
Moving to the Bay Area from the East Coast, and on many forums I'm hearing a lot of hate about California. I personally love it and can't wait to move, but I wanted to get people's opinions on the downsides of California. For me, pros outweigh cons, but here are a few things I've heard:
#1: Political Corruption. My hometown of Baltimore has pretty messed up politics, and I figure it isn't that severe in CA
#2: High Cost of Living. I know California is very expensive: Utilities, housing, taxes, and everyday items cost more. But jobs also pay more to compensate for that, right?
#3: Crime. Once again, I don't think Crime could get any worse than it is in Baltimore.
#4: Earthquakes. This is the one thing that still terrifies me. Living on the peninsula means I'm always right by the San Andreas, and I know it could potentially be devestating. But it is a risk I'm willing to take.

Overall is California that bad a place to live? It seems like there's a lot to do, and the climate is fantastic, so I'm just wondering why so many people dislike it.

People hate California because they cannot control the political apparatus.

Old 07-18-2018, 09:57 PM

290 posts, read 365,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic Romano View Post
Let me repeat myself. You're really tiring. You must have nothing else to do. Just leave the state.
Come to Texas or Georgia. It is a haven for those trying to escape California’s crazy nonsensical laws and regulations that are written by psychotic incredibly leftist politicians in Sacramento.

Old 07-18-2018, 10:17 PM

21,673 posts, read 16,211,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLForr View Post
Come to Texas or Georgia. It is a haven for those trying to escape California’s crazy nonsensical laws and regulations that are written by psychotic incredibly leftist politicians in Sacramento.
I absolutely support this. I think as many should leave immediately for Texas and Georgia as possible. Can’t happen too soon. Join up with ATLForr and bretheren ... sure you’ll love it! Go and gawd bless!

Old 07-19-2018, 12:20 AM

8 posts, read 8,614 times
People are hates california because of the
Unsafe neighborhood
Community
Schools
Atmosphere

Old 07-19-2018, 09:37 AM

46,896 posts, read 25,866,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidMichael2 View Post
People are hates california because of the
Unsafe neighborhood
Community
Schools
Atmosphere
If the writing skills that led to that post are a result of California schooling, you have a point.

Old 07-19-2018, 09:40 AM

46,896 posts, read 25,866,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howest2008 View Post
People hate California because they cannot control the political apparatus.
Heh. In my little community, we just cleaned up the City Council. Feels good to have the power back in the hands of citizen representatives, not those on some developer's payroll.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California