Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-11-2007, 12:47 AM

9 posts, read 32,298 times

Advertisements

Hello all,
I'm a Canadian RN thinking about moving to San Francisco or L.A. for nursing. I was at first leaning towards long beach near L.A. but after reading the 600+ registered sex offenders in long beach (approx 1 out of 700 people) I'm not so sure now! I know San franscisco's housing is more expensive and homelessness is an issue so both have their pro's and con's. I'm just wondering what you guys think?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2007, 03:40 PM

9 posts, read 32,298 times
Ok, haven't gotten any responses and don't know how to edit on here I'd like to clarify that I'm also asking about living conditions in San fran better or L.A. better. Any advice ppl?

Old 09-12-2007, 05:26 AM

87 posts, read 642,869 times
Interesting post. I think quality of life and pay is better in San Francisco, but it boils down to what exactly you are looking for in a location. Overall, SF is more liberal and progressive.

Old 09-13-2007, 12:30 PM

128 posts, read 781,776 times
According to the Megan's Law website, there are 627 sex offenders living in SF. Considering the city is a lot smaller than Long Beach, your future stalker is a pedestrian-friendly walking distance to your door. At least in LB, they might have to drive. I hope this really helps.

Old 09-13-2007, 12:32 PM

128 posts, read 781,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic View Post
Interesting post. I think quality of life and pay is better in San Francisco, but it boils down to what exactly you are looking for in a location. Overall, SF is more liberal and progressive.
No one cares really. I support Pasadena's version of liberalism and not SF's protofascist kind where they ban the ROTC and tried to ban Fleet Week.

Old 10-02-2007, 04:52 PM

3 posts, read 24,318 times
Have you considered Santa Barbara? I am a RN in Santa Barbara and have talked with alot of traveling nurses. Many of them have been to San Diego, San Francisco, and Santa Barbara plus other places. All of them preferred Santa Barbara to the other places they had been in California. Cost of living is similar to San Fran. I believe. The hospital here is pretty good. Most travelers end up staying as long as they can and many sign on as staff.

Old 10-03-2007, 02:15 AM

2 posts, read 6,703 times
Default Best nursing jobs

Have you been on the forum Nursing Has info about nursing and jobs in USA and international,
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California