Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2012, 09:49 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,025,535 times

Advertisements

I just had a thought!

Does anybody remember VASinger? Dingler? Or any of the other numerous incarnations of that person (I know there were a bunch, but can't remember all the names)?

The "oldies but goodies" will know what I'm talking about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2012, 09:59 PM

29,094 posts, read 25,996,493 times
****, ****, ****, ****, ****, **********, ***********.

Old 03-17-2012, 12:34 AM

4,254 posts, read 5,604,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fontucky View Post
The Nazis and THE CHURCH had a cozy relationship. *cough* Rattenlinien
Hitler was virulently anti-Catholic. The Nazis murdered 3 million Catholics in Poland alone. Ask St. Maximillian Kolbe, who died in a Nazi starvation cell, or St. Edith Stein, who was martyred in a Nazi death camp, about the "cozy relationship" between the Nazis and the Church. Idiot.

Last edited by WesternPilgrim; 03-17-2012 at 01:06 AM..

Old 03-17-2012, 12:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nullgeo View Post
My father was the victim of a book burning when he was mid-teens ... the townsfolk of his religiously fanatic farm community took great offense that my father had engaged the Sunday school class he led in a discussion on the nature of god. Someone knew Dad had poetry and philosophy in a box under his bed at home. A "delegation" came in the night, literally with torches -- for in those days there were no electric lights on the roads nor at the farm houses -- and barged into the home and took the books, and my father, to main street where they burned Khalil Gibran and others in public ...

If this is what comes of burning books -- by god, I hope you burn a library full at least, to offset your small minded, petty, weak, false-righteousness.
Interesting. Vigilante book burners, huh? Breaking into an occupied house in the middle of the night, with torches, to burn books of poetry. I've never heard of such a thing in California, but I'll take your word for it because ... well, for no good reason except that I'm in a good mood tonight.

Old 03-17-2012, 12:56 AM

16,806 posts, read 39,928,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WesternPilgrim View Post
Idiot.
Now now, ad hominem attacks are frowned upon. What would Jesus say?

Old 03-17-2012, 01:02 AM

Quote:
What would Jesus say?
Probably something like "thou shalt not bear false witness", or maybe "ye are of your father, the devil". Just guessing.

Old 03-17-2012, 04:51 AM

1,981 posts, read 3,150,301 times
Quote:
Hitler was virulently anti-Catholic. The Nazis murdered 3 million Catholics in Poland alone. Ask St. Maximillian Kolbe, who died in a Nazi starvation cell, or St. Edith Stein, who was martyred in a Nazi death camp, about the "cozy relationship" between the Nazis and the Church. Idiot.
IMO, Hitlers sick demented mind was based in his Christian beliefs... Yes, Catholics did good, and saw him for what he was... Koodos for the Catholics on that one...!

But I personally still "blame" Religion for that aberration of humanity..
Hitler's religious beliefs and fanaticism

----
On your swear words, no teachers should not use them in school, students should not say them in class. Swear words should not be glorified.. IMO they are "lazy words" when a person can not find an accurate word to express their emotion...

Yes, I have been lazy myself on occasion and used swear words..But not on a daily or weekly basis... IMO, an educated society should have little need for them.

Matter of fact kids and adults can be alot more effective using an "advanced" vocabulary to make their point, or belittle their target... After all is that not the purpose of these words? To stand out, get attention...

Old 03-17-2012, 06:50 AM

4,183 posts, read 6,522,118 times
Quote:
Sounds good to me. Throw a party, roast some marshmallows and hot dogs over them. And replace them with decent literature.
Obviously you've never read the Bible, the most obscene, violent, racist, misogynistic, incoherent, filthy, sick piece of literature ever written. It should be banned.

Last edited by ndfmnlf; 03-17-2012 at 07:13 AM..

Old 03-17-2012, 06:53 AM

4,183 posts, read 6,522,118 times
Quote:
Mr. Pilgrim & Rick Santorum and anal penetration.
Make that Dick Santorectum.

Old 03-17-2012, 07:08 AM

2,538 posts, read 3,875,082 times
Sometimes there's nothing better than a well placed F word to get your point across. Should teachers/students use them in a school classroom? Probably not. There are no BAD words, just inappropriate times to use certain words. I think we have bigger fish to fry than swear words when it comes to education in this country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California