Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2012, 10:20 AM

50,268 posts, read 47,023,439 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nullgeo View Post
Yes, as I wrote, I realize there is a big difference between my story and this guy. At 30 my wife was pretty worldly, etc. and obviously mature enough to make a thoughtful decision. My point was aimed at some of the comments on the two threads on this subject -- which comments referred to "no fool like an old fool" and several equating that the only reasons for a young woman (or man) to be interested in a partner significantly older would be wealth and or power, etc.

This teacher is a sad story all around. He has destroyed his marriage, scarred his children and his high school teen "lover", denigrated the teaching profession, and destroyed himself in every imaginable way. It is such a disaster at the deepest of personal levels all around that I can't find the slightest thing to even joke about -- and I have a pretty rangy sense of humor. But, bottom line for me is to point out that if folks want to discuss / criticize the guy, sure, I get that. But extrapolating the crime to stereotype relationships with considerable age differences is not adding insight.

As my father once said to me: "Son, you don't get to pick who you fall in love with." True love is sometimes an odd bird. So be it.
Teachers banging students is out of control now. There is one HS that has had something like 5 cases recently.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2012, 10:34 AM

7,150 posts, read 10,896,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Teachers banging students is out of control now. There is one HS that has had something like 5 cases recently.
Several hundred years ago, I taught at one of the early public "alternative high schools" for about three years ... I was the only one of the five male teachers (there were also four female teachers but I have no sex reports from them) to not become sexually involved with a student. In each case it was clear that the young girls were aggressively pursuing the teachers in the new sexually liberated culture of the 70's. I was similarly propositioned, repeatedly, but thanked the little ladies and declined with a smile. I've made a lot of really dumb mistakes in my life and that just wasn't going to be one of them. Besides, my wife was hot and we had a blast for our whole marriage. No extra-curriculars required.

Point being: it isn't just a recent phenomenon.

Old 04-10-2012, 10:40 AM

15,088 posts, read 13,447,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unruly Sky View Post
MODESTO -- It's over, says Jordan Powers, the 18-year-old high school student who quit school to move in with her teacher.

The 41-year-old James Hooker was arrested by Modesto police Friday on charges of sexually assaulting another teenage girl 14 years ago.

"He called me from jail and yes, I told him that we're done," Powers told ABC News on Saturday morning. "I lost everything for this guy. I lost my senior year. I gave up all my friends at high school because they didn't agree with me."

Teen says she's 'done' with arrested Modesto teacher - Local - Modbee.com
I guess it goes without saying that something is psychologically wrong with this girl for having gone down this path in the first place. I wonder what her home life is like. She needs professional help, and I mean that sincerely.

Old 04-10-2012, 02:38 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,692,234 times
Time for a musical reprise

The Police - Dont Stand So Close To Me - YouTube

Last edited by Bulldogdad; 04-10-2012 at 04:02 PM..

Old 04-10-2012, 06:17 PM

9,894 posts, read 22,021,443 times
The teen girl (jordon powers) seems VERY immature & ditzy & her mother is a few bricks short of a load. The apple really does not fall far from the tree. As far as her husband being arrested for having oral sex with a 17 y/o girl in 1998 he denys it. The district attorney & modesto police want this guy to be punished big time & i wish him the best of luck proving his innocence. Hes already lost his wife, kids & career so he should of thought things out more clearly before he left his wife & married a student of his. The past always comes back to bite you in the ass when you least expect it. California is a heavily policed state so watch yourself.

Last edited by steel7; 04-10-2012 at 06:32 PM..

Old 04-11-2012, 01:04 AM

15,639 posts, read 41,032,900 times

Old 04-11-2012, 04:22 PM

10,029 posts, read 9,504,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fontucky View Post
I can't imagine spending much time in the company of a HS girl, as my patience for the abuse of the word "like" is very, very nonexistent.
I'm like really like shocked liked suprised like I thought they would make it.

Old 04-11-2012, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Um ...... you forgot one .........

Check out Elfman's dance moves ..... Honestly, maybe HE should be called "Twinkle Toes", and I should change my name to something else.

Oingo Boingo - Little Girls - YouTube

Old 04-12-2012, 10:41 AM

2 posts, read 2,397 times
really its a true news

Old 04-12-2012, 12:32 PM

Yes ...... and it's a spicy a meat-a-ball-a with-a the mozzarell-a!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California