Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2012, 11:06 PM

491 posts, read 2,290,370 times

Advertisements

San Diego is one of my favorite places on earth.

Old 05-18-2012, 12:41 AM

1,569 posts, read 2,043,977 times
Huh, NOAA?

Anyway, Santa Cruz is small and prides itself on being weird (not for any particularly good reason, just for the sake of being proud to be weird).

San Diego is a big city, better weather, and a lower cost of living.

Old 05-20-2012, 01:27 PM

9,519 posts, read 14,741,992 times
The OP is looking for a quick answer, wants someone else to decide, not interested in any real analysis involving troublesome things like facts. Let's hope he/she is more conscientious performing his/her government job.

Old 05-20-2012, 02:36 PM

2,406 posts, read 6,038,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eureka1 View Post
The OP is looking for a quick answer, wants someone else to decide, not interested in any real analysis involving troublesome things like facts. Let's hope he/she is more conscientious performing his/her government job.
No kidding! It's pretty much impossible to answer the OP's question without knowing what they're looking for in a location. The only thing Santa Cruz and San Diego have in common is that they're located on the Pacific Coast. Other than that, they're completely different from each other.
It's totally subjective. Personally, I'd pick San Diego, but that's just me. Plenty of other people would pick Santa Cruz.

San Diego "pros" to me: better weather, better beaches, very few "weirdos" and crazy liberal/tree-hugging/vegan activists going around protesting about anything and everything (as opposed to Santa Cruz), more things to do within the city limits (although Santa Cruz is close enough to many other fun places to visit)...and did I mention better weather?

Santa Cruz "pros" to me: despite being somewhat isolated, is still closer to many great places than San Diego is (San Diego's closest major city is at least 2 hours away, L.A.). San Diego feels more far away and isolated from other parts of CA to me. I think Santa Cruz has better natural scenery, overall.

Good luck with your decision, OP.

Old 05-21-2012, 08:43 AM

71 posts, read 111,595 times
uhhhhhh I believe you just answered my question mstnghu2, without any additional info by the way. I want YOUR opinion of the 2 cities, not for you to make a decision for me, based on my situation. Like I said in previous post, I’ve done my research and analysis, none of which involves an open forum where anyone with an attitude can post whatever they see fit………..and it’s kind of sad that you’re getting your real “facts” from an open forum.....and that you are judging my work ethic based on one sentence in a forum is kinda pathetic. Way to take a passive aggressive jab over the internet, good job buddy.

Old 05-21-2012, 10:53 AM

2,406 posts, read 6,038,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julesunder View Post
uhhhhhh I believe you just answered my question mstnghu2, without any additional info by the way. I want YOUR opinion of the 2 cities, not for you to make a decision for me, based on my situation. Like I said in previous post, I’ve done my research and analysis, none of which involves an open forum where anyone with an attitude can post whatever they see fit………..and it’s kind of sad that you’re getting your real “facts” from an open forum.....and that you are judging my work ethic based on one sentence in a forum is kinda pathetic. Way to take a passive aggressive jab over the internet, good job buddy.

Where did I have an attitude with you and where did I judge your work ethic and where did I take a passive aggressive jab at you? Believe it or not, people here are actually trying to help you and the more information you give us about what you're looking for, the better we can give suggestions. Hell, we're not asking for your bank account and social security numbers, just basic information about your personal preferences when choosing a place to live. And about me "getting my real facts from an open forum"...um, actually I don't. I'm normally giving advice here based on real life personal experience from living in the area this forum is based on. I have my own facts and don't need to come here to get them.

San Diego probably will probably be a better fit for you since it's such a laid back city and clearly you're a very laid back and mellow person who doesn't get wound up easily.

Old 05-21-2012, 11:40 AM

71 posts, read 111,595 times
My apologies...the first sentence was directed at you and everything else was at Euraka1. I can see where you have become confused and assumed I was launching an assult on you, but if you read the comment above yours, the one you quoted....you may understand my response better. However, that last sentense you threw in for giggles just reiterates the patheic attitudes people have displayed here. If you did not have enough information to anwser the question or don't like the question, don't comment at all. There is no reason for snide comments, all I was asking was San Diego or Santa Cruz, period. I'm sure there are other threads that are in need of your opinion.

Old 05-21-2012, 03:14 PM

14,044 posts, read 27,214,577 times
Thread closed, the discussion isn't shedding more light on anything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California