Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2012, 11:08 PM

8,704 posts, read 11,047,356 times

Advertisements

Seems like going with the regional definition would be better. Central Coast referring to Monterey, San Luis Obispo, and Santa Barbara counties....

Old 06-05-2012, 11:10 PM

8,704 posts, read 11,047,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
A San Joaquin Valley forum is a Great Idea.
Again regional for the valley is better than a sub forum for each town

Old 06-06-2012, 08:36 AM

2,347 posts, read 3,310,310 times
With all due respect Admin, why are you continuing to drag your feet on this? I run a site with the same VBulletin software as CD and setting up a new subforum takes maybe a minute. Presumably California will be the parent forum, so the new sub will inherit the usergroup settings, so really...it can be up and running in a minute or less. As many as you have, one more will not hurt and it won't exert any more drag on the server. You have what? A couple hundred main and sub forums here. The Central Valley is a HUGE part of the State. Why the trepidation about setting it up?

Old 06-06-2012, 01:14 PM

3,172 posts, read 2,728,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Des-Lab View Post
With all due respect Admin, why are you continuing to drag your feet on this? I run a site with the same VBulletin software as CD and setting up a new subforum takes maybe a minute. Presumably California will be the parent forum, so the new sub will inherit the usergroup settings, so really...it can be up and running in a minute or less. As many as you have, one more will not hurt and it won't exert any more drag on the server. You have what? A couple hundred main and sub forums here. The Central Valley is a HUGE part of the State. Why the trepidation about setting it up?
Do you have thousands of threads to look through and move to the right sub-forum? Just checking the titles is not enough, either.

And like I said before, we don't want to create sub-forums for large geographical areas, so the above applies to other cases.

Old 06-06-2012, 03:45 PM

Well then give me Mod rights for the CA board and l'll move them over. I'm in the Central Valley and so know the keywords to query when doing a thread move. Anything that gets missed will remain archived and is unlikely to be read or resurrected anyway.

If you don't want to do a "Central Valley" sub, then why not trisect the region say one for the north like Merced/Stockton/Modesto, another for Central like Fresno/Visalia/Tulare/Hanford, and one for the Southern section like Bakersfield/Delano/Porterville?

Just a suggestion. But the fact is: considering how otherwise incredibly inclusive and sorted CD is overall, the lack of a Central Valley forum represents a gaping hole for a lot of people who have no section to call home and your continued reluctance to include it is, in itself a curious detail that questions how CD feels about this region in general.

Old 06-06-2012, 04:23 PM

14,044 posts, read 27,109,333 times
Des-Lab, CD doesn't have an opinion about any area of the country. It is a site that gathers factual information from multiple sources, and provides data for folks who are considering relocating to an area or are just curious as to what possibilities may be out there.

There is no agenda here, I can guarantee that.

Last edited by NewToCA; 06-07-2012 at 08:45 AM..

Old 06-06-2012, 10:44 PM

Ok fine. Then tell me again why the Central Valley is not deserving of its own section(s) while San Jose/San Francisco, and heck, even Monterey and Ventura got one.

Old 06-06-2012, 11:39 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,266,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Des-Lab View Post
Ok fine. Then tell me again why the Central Valley is not deserving of its own section(s) while San Jose/San Francisco, and heck, even Monterey and Ventura got one.

Reason stated in FAQ at top of About This Forum

When are new local sub-forums added?

Old 06-06-2012, 11:43 PM

3,172 posts, read 2,728,689 times
The Central Valley is a large, non-metro geographical area, so such sub-forum won't happen. However, as I mentioned earlier in this thread, we are planning separate sub-forums for Stockton, Fresno, Bakersfield, Modesto, etc. Some of them will be coming soon.

Old 06-09-2012, 03:56 AM

8,175 posts, read 16,571,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Administrator View Post
The Central Valley is a large, non-metro geographical area, so such a sub-forum won't happen. However, as I mentioned earlier in this thread, we are planning separate sub-forums for Stockton, Fresno, Bakersfield, Modesto, etc. Some of them will be coming soon.
Hint for those chomping at the bit for representation - be patient and it will happen. I know, I too was anticipating regional coverage(Central Coast). But hey, I'm happy with County representation. Likewise Fresno, Bakersfield, etc... will give most their area of coverage or at least close enough.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California