Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2012, 01:08 PM

667 posts, read 513,460 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by user_id View Post
Oh geez....stop the games already. You're equivocating...stimulus, of the sort that nullgeo is speaking of, is of a very particular character. You, on the other hand, are using the term in a rather broad colloquial matter which is useless if you're trying to have a serious discussion. But we know that isn't the case now...don't we?

The only debate about the type of stimulus has been between Keynesian style fiscal stimulus (infrastructure, etc) and supply-side stimulus via reduced taxes...mostly for the rich. Though the latter has mostly been replaced by calls for austerity which are, economically speaking, not stimulus policies at all. Cutting taxes while making similar cuts to government spending will not increase economic activity, rather the opposite. At best 100% of the tax cuts will be spent in the economy which would just offset the contraction caused by the reduced government spending.

Of course, there is a special (in more ways than one) class of people that think cutting taxes and reducing government spending will increase economic activity by some unknown magical force that has alluded economists......and it is perhaps this that you have in mind.
Well, I am not into class warfare as you are so I will leave that kind of talk with you.

I am interested in moving our economy forward and not trying to move people backwards.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2012, 11:34 PM

12,460 posts, read 19,994,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNEC_Dad View Post
Well, I am not into class warfare as you are so I will leave that kind of talk with you.

I am interested in moving our economy forward and not trying to move people backwards.
Umm.....huh? My comment had nothing, whatsoever, to do with "class warfare"..... Good job ignoring the real issues though.

Old 06-28-2012, 11:36 PM

4,862 posts, read 7,927,996 times
The best thing to do is move. Someone has to pay.

Old 06-29-2012, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by user_id View Post
Umm.....huh? My comment had nothing, whatsoever, to do with "class warfare"..... Good job ignoring the real issues though.
It is obvious from your many posts what your agenda is.

Your greed for wealth and your hate for others is evident.

Your lack of meaningful contribution has me bored.

I wish you well.

Old 06-29-2012, 01:19 PM

7,150 posts, read 10,839,074 times
Quote:

Your lack of meaningful contribution has me bored.

I wish you well.
Funny. user and I are not observed by regular posters here to be anything remotely considered supportive allies in the past ... and yet I didn't get any "greed for wealth" nor "hate for others" out of a single post he has made with you. Rather the opposite. In fact I consider his contributions to have been meaningful in great and accurate measure -- unlike a single thing you have written. But this fits with your pattern of entirely misrepresenting what others have written in your surreptitious gamesmanship.

You're not bored ... you're out of ammo ...

Last edited by nullgeo; 06-29-2012 at 02:08 PM..

Old 06-29-2012, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nullgeo View Post
Funny. user and I are not observed by regular posters here to be anything remotely considered supportive allies in the past ... and yet I didn't get any "greed for wealth" nor "hate for others" out of a single post he has made with you. Rather the opposite. In fact I consider his contributions to have been meaningful in great and accurate measure -- unlike a single thing you have written. But this fits with your pattern of entirely misrepresenting what others have written in your surreptitious gamesmanship.

You're not bored ... you're out of ammo ...
I have only needed one "bullet" and that is the flat tax.

It has kept you dancing this whole time.

You and user_id are the only one's that seem to disagree about that.

Again, you must twist the facts to feel like a winner.

It is sad to see but I wish you well.

Old 06-29-2012, 03:37 PM

Quote:
I have only needed one "bullet" and that is the flat tax.

It has kept you dancing this whole time.

You and user_id are the only one's that seem to disagree about that.

Again, you must twist the facts to feel like a winner.

It is sad to see but I wish you well.
Perhaps you didn't notice: we three are the only ones that have been "discussing" the issue [of flat tax] [that you brought up] [that wasn't a part of the thread] [until you inserted it as something I endorsed] [which of course I never did].

You write fiction much? Probably not. Can't even keep your stories straight enough for fantasy.

Last edited by nullgeo; 06-29-2012 at 03:51 PM..

Old 06-30-2012, 12:53 PM

12,460 posts, read 19,994,347 times
Quote:
Sure thing dude.... Even-though I've been discussing economic theory, I'm all about class warfare and I have a greed for wealth. I'm not even sure how that is consistent.....but why let consistency get in the way of a good insult...right?

So, once again, you're ignoring the real issues and just insulting people.

Old 06-30-2012, 01:14 PM

but but but ... it's not insulting if you tack trite little "have a nice day" platitudes on the ends of your posts ... the homilies and platitudes also make it okay to intentionally misrepresent what others say ... so remember your platitudes, boys and girls.

Have a nice day.

Hope you find peace.

I wish you well.

Old 06-30-2012, 04:06 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,312,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nullgeo View Post
but but but ... it's not insulting if you tack trite little "have a nice day" platitudes on the ends of your posts ... the homilies and platitudes also make it okay to intentionally misrepresent what others say ... so remember your platitudes, boys and girls.

Have a nice day.

Hope you find peace.

I wish you well.
Or if you're of a Southern persuasion (SoCal doesn't count): Bless your heart!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California