Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-12-2012, 04:39 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,581,661 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
offer u a job. ??? its hard to offer u a job when you are calliing me names and yelling at me across the desk. get your feet off my desk and maybe we can talk about it? pull your pants up and put your 9mm down and you will move closer to employment. employment is 85% attitude, not your EEOC rights. when u can pass a GED instead of suing k12 for a useless fake high school diploma, then your employment prospects will get better. the US Army is offering u a job right here right now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post

but will u apply??? that is the question.
no i won't apply for that job opening sir - i am a usaf and us coast guard veteran who's 60 years young and not really looking forward to joining the army. my pants doesn't hang off my hips like a sail , no hand gun incorporated into my dress attire - but attitude has a lot to do with employment.

i am surprised that you haven't mention anything about increasing productity by placing people in current workfare programs into mandatory national service "and or" community service ( cleaning out our's bombed out sections of the united states of america inner cities ).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2012, 02:32 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,392,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howest2008 View Post

no i won't apply for that job opening sir - i am a usaf and us coast guard veteran who's 60 years young and not really looking forward to joining the army. my pants doesn't hang off my hips like a sail , no hand gun incorporated into my dress attire - but attitude has a lot to do with employment.

i am surprised that you haven't mention anything about increasing productity by placing people in current workfare programs into mandatory national service "and or" community service ( cleaning out our's bombed out sections of the united states of america inner cities ).
Yeah, or picking up trash, cleaning up abandoned buildings and homes, kinda like you are speaking of. Helps appreciate the money more when someone works for it.

Old 08-13-2012, 08:03 PM

9,894 posts, read 22,023,427 times
Ca has alot of poor people. Instead of welfare reform how about pension reform & salary reform for many of the over paid public employees ?

Old 08-13-2012, 08:19 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,183,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steel7 View Post
Ca has alot of poor people. Instead of welfare reform how about pension reform & salary reform for many of the over paid public employees ?
How about also sending at least half the illegals or more back home ?

Old 08-13-2012, 09:29 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,692,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by user_id View Post
Illegal immigrants can't get food-stamps.

Because the child had nothing to do with the mothers bad choice.

I always like the underlying assumption in these posts though, apparently there is tons of decent paying jobs out there and the issue is that these poor folks are just too lazy to apply for them or even do the work.
They sure do. Or how else do you think these people can afford to start having kids right away, shortly after arriving here in this high cost of living country when they have no education, no ability to learn English and no job skills?

The US born baby gets them food stamps, the amount of food stamps given is based on household size, and in addition to food stamps, there is WIC and in a couple years there are 3 free meals at the Head start free babysitting center.

Old 08-13-2012, 09:32 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,692,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nullgeo View Post
Sure. The math is a snap: 12.7 million out of work and 3.5 million job openings.
You forgot one big factor in that math equation -- how many are here illegally?

You've got several nations of people all competing for the jobs and welfare handouts of the people of just one nation. It doesn't add up.

Old 08-13-2012, 09:45 PM

7,150 posts, read 10,897,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
You forgot one big factor in that math equation -- how many are here illegally?

You've got several nations of people all competing for the jobs and welfare handouts of the people of just one nation. It doesn't add up.
None of the 12.7 million people counted are here illegally. That is as in the number zero. Illegals are not included in the statistical totals. Illegal aliens are not entitled to receive unemployment benefits:
http://workforcesecurity.doleta.gov/.../uipl_0683.htm

Your last two posts pretty much clinch the title of "Most Misinformed CD Poster" ...
You have been offered dozens of verifiable proofs that virtually everything you repetitively post about welfare and illegals is false. Either you refuse to read them or you are deliberately committed to spreading false information.

Old 08-13-2012, 11:04 PM

12,460 posts, read 20,085,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
The US born baby gets them food stamps, the amount of food stamps given is based on household size, and in addition to food stamps, there is WIC and in a couple years there are 3 free meals at the Head start free babysitting center.
A citizen child is eligible for some benefits regardless of the legality of his parent, the benefits are used to provide food and health care to the children and the parent doesn't gain anything as the benefits don't even fully support the children.

Old 08-14-2012, 01:27 AM

9,894 posts, read 22,023,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
How about also sending at least half the illegals or more back home ?
That will never happen. At least not anytime soon.

Old 08-14-2012, 01:33 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,183,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steel7 View Post
That will never happen. At least not anytime soon.
Shame. Many of the illegals do take jobs that might be freed to go to people to help get them off welfare. That's assuming welfare people actually would want the work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California