Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-19-2012, 08:43 PM

8 posts, read 38,868 times

Advertisements

My two teens are moving to SB; they want to rent a studio or 1br apartment in a good area of SB close to the Santa Barbara High School and the SB City College.

Any suggestions what areas are good, safe, quiet, walkable, etc?

Any suggestions where to stay away from?

There are two high schools--we only want to rent near SB High School.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2012, 08:51 PM

1,569 posts, read 2,043,977 times
Why only near S.B high? The high school and Sbcc aren't exactly near each other.

Santa barbara doesn't really have much in the way of bad areas that I noticed - but I lived in goleta.

Old 06-19-2012, 10:42 PM

8 posts, read 38,868 times
Thanks for writing. I know they are not so close but I'm just not sure if the Mesa area attends Santa Barbara high school. Is that a desirable area to live?

One of them wants to be within walking distance to santa barbara high school where friends will be attending.

Again, we are not sure where the district line is for the two high schools.

Anyone know?

Old 06-20-2012, 04:54 PM

569 posts, read 671,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojoIOP View Post
My two teens are moving to SB; they want to rent a studio or 1br apartment in a good area of SB close to the Santa Barbara High School and the SB City College.

Any suggestions what areas are good, safe, quiet, walkable, etc?

Any suggestions where to stay away from?

There are two high schools--we only want to rent near SB High School.

Thanks!
Santa Barbara is a pretty walkable city BUT SBCC and SBHS are separated by the freeway (SBCC on the Mesa as you said, SBHS on the eastside closer to Milpas). Would be a pretty far walk to one or the other. Do they have a decent budget? My friend is looking for a 2 bedroom and hasn't found one yet (just started) but the one bedroom she looked at was $1575 and you had to have stellar credit. Even dumps are fairly expensive.

Both eastside and westside do have some gang problems but it's not huge. I have lived all over the city and never been robbed or had a problem walking around. That said, I wouldn't walk alone at night. Even IV has had several armed robberies and one attempted rape at knife point in the last few months. VERY unusual for IV and this area in general.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California