Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2006, 06:02 PM

138 posts, read 637,663 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know a place called Truck Town, with crayola colored cement trucks all lined up? You can see it from Highway 5. It's somewhere in Northern California, maybe near Weed or Lake Shasta. It might be in Southern Oregon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2006, 11:46 PM

363 posts, read 1,120,176 times
Smile Truck Town

Don't know the name of the place, but I've seen the crayola colored trucks. The business is just south of Weed and on the east side of I-5. Next time I'm in the area I'll take a photo and post it. My in-laws live within a mile of the place.

Old 08-07-2006, 06:07 PM

Thanks for the reply. My boyfriend saw it while driving by, and thought it was neat, but didn't get a picture. Now, at least we know where to look for it.

Old 01-07-2007, 08:55 PM

3 posts, read 29,589 times
Default Truck Village

It is called Truck Village and it's Exit #743 off I-5 in northern California just south of the town of Weed, CA

Old 01-07-2007, 10:30 PM

Thanks for the precise info!

Old 10-02-2008, 07:17 PM

We drove by and I tried to get a picture of it from the freeway. There are different numbers of trucks there at different times.

Old 08-06-2012, 04:33 PM

986 posts, read 2,507,590 times
Post Clean trucks, not so clean mountainside

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenn or ozark bound View Post
We drove by and I tried to get a picture of it from the freeway. There are different numbers of trucks there at different times.
FWIW, the owner of those shiny water trucks on Truck Village Drive hasn't shown much concern for the appearance of Black Butte, the iconic cone west of Mt. Shasta. An informal quarry operation left large scars and violated mining laws. As usual in these cases, a "property rights" defense was tried.

Last edited by ca_north; 08-06-2012 at 04:42 PM..

Old 07-15-2014, 10:01 PM

1 posts, read 19,190 times
Default Visited the Site

I have long been intrigued by these trucks. Our kids pick out their favorites each trip. Today I decided to drop by. Pulled up to an uninviting gate but saw a phone #. Called and got a "hello". Said I was at gate and would love to know more about what was here. Owner said he was busy. Told him I had admired his trucks for years. He told me he could spare a few moments to talk on phone. Grateful, I listened. All the trucks are inservice fire tankers to serve NorCal Fires. They are assembled on-site. He is a very big contractor to Cal Fire.

We talked about the colors and he said he just loved colors. I mentioned that I loved that they were so real, like red was RED and orange was orange and so on. I was amazed that these were in-service trucks but looked in showroom condition. He mentioned that one of the favorite parts of his day was picking out the next color.

After a few minutes he said he guessed he would let us in for pictures. I was thrilled. Uo close the trucks look better than showroom. The chrome was shined, paint was perfect and clean, absolutely perfect.
On the rear of each truck is a professionally prepared, cartoon depiction of a fire prevention message. Have to see to appreciate.

As we left we called to be let out from gate. He seemed genuinely appreciative of my compliments. Sounds silly but this was a highlight of our trip. Feel like I discovered the real story of an legend.

Old 07-16-2014, 02:09 PM

Wow, thanks for the inside report.

Old 07-22-2015, 12:15 PM

1 posts, read 16,591 times
Thanks so much for all of the above. We drove by those trucks and I couldn't take my eyes off them! Unfortunately, I was not able to take a picture but will always remember them in those amazing, pure gorgeous colors. Why have plain old metal colored trucks when they can have those fun colors! They totally made my day, and my week!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California