Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2012, 10:53 PM

7,150 posts, read 10,892,422 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don9 View Post
BTW: I'm an ex-Californian now ... I've got the keys to greener pastures!!!
Well, brother boater Don ... congratulations and fair winds afloat in Tennessee!

Quote:
You keep blowing up a balloon and nothing happens until it can't hold anymore air ... then it bursts!

Unfunded public pensions are not exclusive to California ...
Right. Unfunded pension funds are not exclusive to California. But they are not what burst the balloon.

What you are describing as blowing up until it can't hold any more air and then bursting is what happened to the housing market fraud, that then revealed unsustainable use of credit by everyone everywhere. And if the economy hadn't been on such a pseudo-roll on pseudo-credit for so long and so deep, those pension funds and other commitments would never have been made --- because *drum roll* there would never have been the revenue streams created that appeared to justify all the nonsense.

Happy boating and fishing.

Old 07-03-2012, 11:23 PM

5,113 posts, read 5,969,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nullgeo View Post
Well, brother boater Don ... congratulations and fair winds afloat in Tennessee!

Right. Unfunded pension funds are not exclusive to California. But they are not what burst the balloon.

What you are describing as blowing up until it can't hold any more air and then bursting is what happened to the housing market fraud, that then revealed unsustainable use of credit by everyone everywhere. And if the economy hadn't been on such a pseudo-roll on pseudo-credit for so long and so deep, those pension funds and other commitments would never have been made --- because *drum roll* there would never have been the revenue streams created that appeared to justify all the nonsense.

Happy boating and fishing.
The housing market bubble was a contributor ... and there were others ... but public pay and pensions put a very heavy burden ... in the trillions ... on the public sector.

Old 07-03-2012, 11:33 PM

Quote:
The housing market bubble was a contributor ... and there were others ... but public pay and pensions put a very heavy burden ... in the trillions ... on the public sector.
That "burden" wasn't a burden that caused the crash ... nor did it have any significant affect on life in California until other factors made it unsustainable. If the funds didn't exist, the markets would have crashed anyway ... their burden became a negative factor ONLY after and because the market crashed.

Old 07-03-2012, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nullgeo View Post
That "burden" wasn't a burden that caused the crash ... nor did it have any significant affect on life in California until other factors made it unsustainable. If the funds didn't exist, the markets would have crashed anyway ... their burden became a negative factor ONLY after and because the market crashed.
Then they should have no problem now since Obama got the markets back to where they were before the crash The country had been heading for the crash for a long time and the manufactured housing market crash just pushed us off the edge. The banks we about to go before the crash and they are still insolvent today. Thia whole deal was a scam on the people ... the greatest theft of wealth in history ... and it happened all over the world.

Old 07-04-2012, 12:59 AM

16,588 posts, read 27,375,337 times
Quote:
And more recently

So before those of you predictably "blame the left" for any and all issues such as this, I will call a preemptive BS!
What point are you attempting to make? [/quote]^this one. Thanks Don

Old 07-04-2012, 07:24 AM

6,390 posts, read 9,678,559 times
Quote:
BTW: I'm an ex-Californian now ... I've got the keys to greener pastures!!!
Good on ya Don, all that heat and humidity is good for your complexion.

Old 07-04-2012, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Then they should have no problem now since Obama got the markets back to where they were before the crash The country had been heading for the crash for a long time and the manufactured housing market crash just pushed us off the edge. The banks we about to go before the crash and they are still insolvent today. Thia whole deal was a scam on the people ... the greatest theft of wealth in history ... and it happened all over the world.
Don, a few of your conspiratorial suspicions here are partly founded in reality ... but not the way you think, I'm afraid. The big bad banks weren't about to go before the crash. But they have long been actually insolvent. But then again, that doesn't really matter to the biggest controlling banks in our system of money creation -- because money is based on debt which is based on credit which is based on *drum roll* trust. That's it. There is no actual standard of productivity or rare metals or ........ So they get to create more money out of nothing at the push of a button on a computer ... and no one has to back it up ... except by a game among themselves of balancing inflation and debt ratios.

So it was close to "the greatest theft of wealth in history" ... but the truly greatest theft of wealth was the creation of central banking systems to begin with. From there: all money is controlled. And with control of money creation, as Mayer Rothschild once said: "Give me control of a nation's money and I care not who makes the laws."

That said, however, it doesn't really matter much if we do live under this charade. Because the species of man at the everyday level isn't capable of running a world of such great population and resulting complexity -- except by fraud. So, hate the Fat Cats if you will -- I despise their sociopathic selves -- but thank your lucky stars they have the engine running so you can get through your life of consumerism. You wouldn't know what to do with true freedom if you woke up to it one day. Can you say: Apocalypse?

And now back to my life approximating hunting and gathering .... nearly alone most of the time ... on islands, at sea, in the woods. Over and Out.

Old 07-04-2012, 09:49 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,677,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .highnlite View Post
so, folks, how does the economic state of California affect you personally.
Business down by 60% since 2008. Reduced work force from 35 to 15.

Old 07-04-2012, 10:23 AM

16,806 posts, read 39,926,478 times
Quote:
BTW: I'm an ex-Californian now
In between wiping the sweat from your eyes and swatting skeeters, you'd should probably change that location line.

Old 07-04-2012, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post
What point are you attempting to make?
^this one. Thanks Don[/quote]

I didn't make that statement.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California