Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2012, 01:56 PM

7,150 posts, read 10,898,467 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZhugeLiang View Post
...But hey, find more excuses to cling to an ideology so that you can be "right" rather than looking for a solution outside of your world view.
More breaking news for you Tiny ... of course, since you "stop reading" as soon as you get to anything that conflicts with your beliefs you won't bother with the following series of quotes from a topic-related article in today's NY Times:

In London, the Bank of England stepped up its economic stimulus, announcing an increased bond-buying program intended to jolt the struggling British economy out of a double-dip recession. The central bank left Britain’s benchmark interest rate unchanged at a record low of 0.5 percent, apparently concluding that quantitative easing, which involves buying government bonds to increase available capital, was a more effective measure to lift the economy. ...

“This aggressive policy action reflects, in our view, a deepening concern by policy makers that the economy has yet to find a bottom and requires additional stimulative monetary settings to engineer a recovery,” Nick Chamie, an economist at RBC Dominion Securities, wrote in a research note. ...

Few economists worry that the Chinese economy will stay weak if the Chinese government decides to mount a sustained stimulus effort. In contrast with the West, much of the current slowdown in China is the result of the government’s hitting the brakes too hard last year, through a national credit squeeze engineered to slow inflation and a series of bans on real estate speculation to make housing more affordable. ... (oooops -- edit.)...

The interest rate cut is likely to increase speculation that the central bank’s next step to contain the crisis will be huge purchases of government bonds, similar to the quantitative easing undertaken by the Federal Reserve. ...

Britain’s decision to add £50 billion, or $78 billion, in additional stimulus comes on top of £325 billion already pumped into the economy by the Bank of England over the last several years.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/07/06/bu...pagewanted=all

But of course it's just silly nullgeo in his "clown suit" saying these things ...

Old 07-05-2012, 02:51 PM

1,472 posts, read 2,410,201 times
Yeah, and? Like I predicted, you'll find more reasons to cling to an ideology rather than address my points let alone the actual topic. What part of we've been practicing hardcore Keynesian economics to the point of borderline fascism for over the past three years and it has been a huge flop aren't you getting? It was a failure during the New Deal and it's a bigger failure now. Maybe you held an interest in Solyndra and are in a state of denial? That would explain a lot.

Your laughable responses are to ignore this reality and keep parroting the IMF and post articles about steps other countries are going to take to turn their situations around as though stupidity in large numbers equals credibility of some kind.

Have fun being trapped in your intellectual dead end ideology. Let me know when you actually want to address my points rather than deflect them.

Old 07-05-2012, 02:58 PM

6,390 posts, read 9,684,265 times
Quote:
Yeah, and? Like I predicted, you'll find more reasons to cling to an ideology rather than address my points let alone the actual topic. What part of we've been practicing hardcore Keynesian economics to the point of borderline fascism for over the past three years and it has been a huge flop aren't you getting? It was a failure during the New Deal and it's a bigger failure now. Maybe you held an interest in Solyndra and are in a state of denial? That would explain a lot.

Your laughable responses are to ignore this reality and keep parroting the IMF and post articles about steps other countries are going to take to turn their situations around as though stupidity in large numbers equals credibility of some kind.

Have fun being trapped in your intellectual dead end ideology. Let me know when you actually want to address my points rather than deflect them.
How curious, Keynesian economics didn't work in the Depression? Of course, no rational historian would agree with that point of view, but, hey, Reagan used it to get the US out of his recession, it worked for America then, and during the Depression, and would have worked in this latest Great Recession if the Republicans had been rational, or logical, or loved their country more than they hated Obama.

Seems Zhuz, that you are hamstrung by your ideology, which is of course, the hallmark of the Conservative.

Old 07-05-2012, 03:06 PM

2,011 posts, read 3,552,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
Or was it too big not to be under the Government's control?
Kinda sorta related....

I heard some Democrat in Congress talking to a CEO recently at a hearing (think it was Chase). He basically insinuated that perhaps his company was too big to manage. In fact, this is becoming a popular line of thought in Washington. I wished I could have asked a question through the TV. When I heard that it just begged the question..."If a bank can be too big to manage, explain to me how government can't?" How can anyone say a private company is too big to manage without being an advocate of small government too? Does government hire superstar managers with cranial skills that dwarf the private sector?

Not directly related to the topic at hand, but kinda sorta is.

Old 07-05-2012, 03:10 PM

24 posts, read 38,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nullgeo View Post
More breaking news for you Tiny ... of course, since you "stop reading" as soon as you get to anything that conflicts with your beliefs you won't bother with the following series of quotes from a topic-related article in today's NY Times:

In London, the Bank of England stepped up its economic stimulus, announcing an increased bond-buying program intended to jolt the struggling British economy out of a double-dip recession. The central bank left Britain’s benchmark interest rate unchanged at a record low of 0.5 percent, apparently concluding that quantitative easing, which involves buying government bonds to increase available capital, was a more effective measure to lift the economy. ...

“This aggressive policy action reflects, in our view, a deepening concern by policy makers that the economy has yet to find a bottom and requires additional stimulative monetary settings to engineer a recovery,” Nick Chamie, an economist at RBC Dominion Securities, wrote in a research note. ...

Few economists worry that the Chinese economy will stay weak if the Chinese government decides to mount a sustained stimulus effort. In contrast with the West, much of the current slowdown in China is the result of the government’s hitting the brakes too hard last year, through a national credit squeeze engineered to slow inflation and a series of bans on real estate speculation to make housing more affordable. ... (oooops -- edit.)...

The interest rate cut is likely to increase speculation that the central bank’s next step to contain the crisis will be huge purchases of government bonds, similar to the quantitative easing undertaken by the Federal Reserve. ...

Britain’s decision to add £50 billion, or $78 billion, in additional stimulus comes on top of £325 billion already pumped into the economy by the Bank of England over the last several years.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/07/06/bu...pagewanted=all

But of course it's just silly nullgeo in his "clown suit" saying these things ...
It's interesting, you call the 'wallstreet' types destructive sociopaths that are the bane of the earth. Yet, you support the number one tool they use to destroy the wealth of 'common' people : Inflation and destruction of the currency base. You even rail against people post after post using the idea that 'elite experts' know better than they do. They are simply right because they have a nobel prize and enough of them are parroting the same drivel .. Isn't this what, per your comments, sociopaths do? Yet here you are perpetuating their most destructive lie. Yes, every country around the globe is printing money. It is causing global inflation and the people who will suffer most are those at the bottom.. Why do people at the bottom support it ? because of their fear of a reality. As much as they say they want things to be based in reality and fair .. they don't and the common man will support some of the most destructive policies w.r.t to their freedoms (social/financial) in order to be put back into their dream world.

Here is another nobel prize winner .. And here is his thoughts on honors :

You claim to be all about the common man but you clearly aren't. When it suits your views, you rail against them and support the establishment that is seemingly screwing them over (per your words) every chance they can get. What is your view? It is that of a 'do what's necessary ..positive/liberal nature that man will always overcome. How is your view supported by money printing? For all of those who truly understand the nature of things, there is much to be faced by the way the world has been ran .. Boom/bust .. we are in the bust. Money printing allows the bust to be delayed/papered over ... The pain 'disappears' .. So, you support it. You support the sociopaths. Wallstreet ... And the crony govt. that helps them .. You just hypocritically cry out about their methods .. You dont want pain/fairness .. but you want to complain about what those in high society do to protect you from it ... and here's what they think about you

You have demonstrated quite clearly that you are in utter contradiction of yourself and clearly have no depth of understanding of economics, business, finance, or a sound world view.

What's most dangerous is that you fail to see this and continue to parrot and support some of the very views ushered in by people from the top that destroy society (thanks to millions of supporters who dont want to face the realities of life)... And so, it's not that these people on wallstreet or the top are gods or immortals who are capable of god like destruction.

It's that a whole host of uninformed fearful human beings ('normal' folks) who can't think for themselves, want more than they work for and want to avoid the harsh consequences of life empower a small few %'age of the society to do what's necessary to help make that 'dream' stated above a reality... All throughout history we talk about the men who perpetuated great destruction.. What of the tens of thousands.. hundreds of thousand.. millions of supporters who blindly/ignorantly empowered those single individuals.. they were the true ones responsible as are the majority of normal people.

Ignorance has a price in life.. An high one. You're not going to change your view anytime soon. So, please continue along the same vein. You are in utter conflict/contradiction .. But don't worry, the majority of Americans are.. And its why year after year a gap between those who get it and those who dont grows .. In many ways, when people who get it try to help the common person get it .. The people on top dont try to stop them.. They say : go ahead.. try to enlighten them.. inform them of the truth .. see what happens .

So, the caring informed individual tries .. and gets called every name known to man.. unamerican... all sorts of partisan names.. a lair .. an idiot (see the experts say diff.) ... they mass against them and want to hang them for pointing out their folly .... So, intelligently, the intelligent person who cared for a moment joins the 'dark' side and work against the common ignorant man in order to offset the impact the common man's ignorance has on their life (i.e - govt. policy, inflation, taxes+interest).

You reinforce why informed people stop caring and stop trying to reach out to 'normal' people .. You don't get it .. Probably never will .. fight when people try to help you get it and you support many things that hurt both yourself and others.. So, it is necessary for the informed to 'amor' up my life in order to be protected from the idiotic society that the majority have shaped up around them..

As the line from the movie goes 'you dont want fair .. ' You pretend you do but you don't.

Last edited by calif_dreamn; 07-05-2012 at 03:33 PM..

Old 07-05-2012, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by .highnlite View Post
How curious, Keynesian economics didn't work in the Depression? Of course, no rational historian would agree with that point of view, but, hey, Reagan used it to get the US out of his recession, it worked for America then, and during the Depression, and would have worked in this latest Great Recession if the Republicans had been rational, or logical, or loved their country more than they hated Obama.

Seems Zhuz, that you are hamstrung by your ideology, which is of course, the hallmark of the Conservative.
And most historians and economists might disagree with you. The New Deal had nothing to do with the end of the Depression, please don't make a fool of yourself trying to argue otherwise, you'll fail. Let's not forget that most of your interpretations tend to be fictional, kinda like your alleged vacation photos. Your tactic of taking things completely out of context to suit your arguments is well known here, which is generally why I don't bother to engage in discussion with you since you generally aren't very good at it to begin with.

As someone without a political ideology, I get to think freely as I'm more concerned with truth rather than being "correct" to appease my "team", unlike people such as yourself who cling onto ideology like a near drowning victim clings to a life preserver. But this too is another reason why partisans tend to be insufferable bores. Your platitudes scream it.

Old 07-05-2012, 03:35 PM

6,390 posts, read 9,684,265 times
Quote:
Quote:
And most historians and economists might disagree with you. The New Deal had nothing to do with the end of the Depression, please don't make a fool of yourself trying to argue otherwise, you'll fail.
Actually, you said Keynesian economics didn't work, this sentence is a horse of a different color, as wrong as your first post, but different. I think that must be considered a "fail".

Quote:
Let's not forget that most of your interpretations tend to be fictional, kinda like your alleged vacation photos.
With judgements like this, I can understand why you think Keynesian economics doesn't work.

Quote:
Your tactic of taking things completely out of context to suit your arguments is well known here, which is generally why I don't bother to engage in discussion with you since you generally aren't very good at it to begin with.
I don't discuss, I merely point out the errors in the belief system of Conservatives, it isn't rocket science.

Quote:
As someone without a political ideology, I get to think freely as I'm more concerned with truth rather than being "correct" to appease my "team", unlike people such as yourself who cling onto ideology like a near drowning victim clings to a life preserver. But this too is another reason why partisans tend to be insufferable bores. Your platitudes scream it.
You have an apparent ideology, it is evidenced by your preferring belief to fact, a hallmark of the conservative. Let us look at these; Cling to ideology, partisans, platitudes. Your use of these terms indicates that you simply don't understand my points, I try to make them simple, but I know that there are those who struggle everyday with basic ideas.
You have no idea what my ideology is so I best sum it up for you, let me know if you need help understanding it; "I believe in rock. In the dogma of the sun and the doctrine of the rock. I believe in blood, fire, woman, rivers, eagles, storm, drums, flutes, banjos, and broom-tailed horses."

Old 07-05-2012, 04:11 PM

7,150 posts, read 10,898,467 times
Quote:

You apparently think flinging insults will obscure the fact that I have addressed your accusations that Obama has failed at stimulus ... he hasn't. He hasn't even been allowed to provide real stimulus, beyond the birdseed given him to throw by G.W. Bush. We haven't been practicing hardcore Keynesian economics" ... and that's the problem. Keynesian economics is not a particularly good policy on any long-term basis ... but it is exactly the short-term solution to recession / depression ... as has been proven repeatedly in history - while austerity has been proven disastrous.

The only "stupidity in large numbers" comes from people like yourself banding together to whine and interfere with proper action in spite of having zero qualifications or experience in such matters.

Old 07-05-2012, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by .highnlite View Post

Actually, you said Keynesian economics didn't work, this sentence is a horse of a different color, as wrong as your first post, but different. I think that must be considered a "fail".

Quote:

With judgements like this, I can understand why you think Keynesian economics doesn't work.

Quote:

I don't discuss, I merely point out the errors in the belief system of Conservatives, it isn't rocket science.

Quote:

You have an apparent ideology, it is evidenced by your preferring belief to fact, a hallmark of the conservative. Let us look at these; Cling to ideology, partisans, platitudes. Your use of these terms indicates that you simply don't understand my points, I try to make them simple, but I know that there are those who struggle everyday with basic ideas.
You have no idea what my ideology is so I best sum it up for you, let me know if you need help understanding it; "I believe in rock. In the dogma of the sun and the doctrine of the rock. I believe in blood, fire, woman, rivers, eagles, storm, drums, flutes, banjos, and broom-tailed horses."
Clearly you don't comprehend the concept of irony very well, your post is dripping with it. Oh, and I love the baseless assumptions and gross generalizations that you make in order to appear more clever than you actually are. Keep posting, I appreciate a free comedy show.

Old 07-05-2012, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nullgeo View Post
Keynesian economics is not a particularly good policy on any long-term basis ... but it is exactly the short-term solution to recession / depression ... as has been proven repeatedly in history
So why isn't it working when it is happening right before your very eyes? According to you, it has worked all throughout history, so what's the problem here? You conveniently ignore this question over and over again.

Oh man, this ought to be good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California