Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-25-2014, 05:26 PM
zdg

845 posts, read 1,972,924 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewww View Post
- 13% state income tax? Nope, can't justify it. No way. Not urinating money away for illegal immigrant tuition breaks and nonsense. I'm gone.
Not one person pays 13% in state income tax. Certainly not you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2014, 06:17 PM

21,736 posts, read 16,350,818 times
Quote:
Over the past two years I've been trying to decide where to put down roots.

California fits into this equation as follows:

-damn, andrew, this is very obviously the best place in the world for you. Buy now

- *few weeks pass*

- 13% state income tax? Nope, can't justify it. No way. Not urinating money away for illegal immigrant tuition breaks and nonsense. I'm gone.

-*almost leaves CA..packs a few bags*...

- Well...maybe I can live here half the year, and then some no-tax state the other half and avoid income taxes.

- Brilliant!

- But then I have to leave for half the year..

- ahh screw it. Nothing in life is free. I'm staying.

And repeat.
In other words you don't really know how taxes work here. Nor how tuition breaks affect the state budget. Nor, probably, much of anything else about California yet.

13% huh. Sure, you're here earning over a half mil a year as a young single guy.

And before you get your knickers all twisted around your nads, try looking up how many illegals actually qualify for and receive those tuition breaks. Then look up our state budget and do a little math. If your calculator runs that many decimal places after all the zeros.

Old 12-25-2014, 10:41 PM

1,640 posts, read 2,657,106 times
Quote:
Actually I do. I didn't mention it as a direct comparison to FL, which works out for me to almost exactly 13% due to various fairly layered issues.

I see from a cursory view of your post history that you've perfected the art of passive aggressive smugness while being consistently wrong. I'm sure you get a lot of practice. Your misery is palpable.

Cheers.
At least she has perfected something -- you can't even perfect flexing internet muscle.

Old 12-26-2014, 06:27 PM

9,197 posts, read 16,843,125 times
Quote:
Actually I do. I didn't mention it as a direct comparison to FL, which works out for me to almost exactly 13% due to various fairly layered issues.

I see from a cursory view of your post history that you've perfected the art of passive aggressive smugness while being consistently wrong. I'm sure you get a lot of practice.

Nearly every post you have made on this forum that I cared to read is you attempting to attack someone personally while declaring wealth.

Your misery is palpable.

I hope things get better for you. There is still time to grow as a woman, despite your age and disposition.
This from the one who doesn't want to pay taxes, and howls about "illegals" getting his precious gubmt-procurred wages for college.

Your misery is palpable. (It's a Florida thing, no?)

Old 12-26-2014, 06:38 PM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,456,964 times
^ ^ Hey, show some respect… after all you're talking to someone who's "single, male, straight, young and has a 20 mil net worth" (insert Ruth4truth's coveted ROFLMA emoticon here)!!

Old 12-26-2014, 08:40 PM

9,197 posts, read 16,843,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo45 View Post
^ ^ Hey, show some respect… after all you're talking to someone who's "single, male, straight, young and has a 20 mil net worth" (insert Ruth4truth's coveted ROFLMA emoticon here)!!
Sounds like trying to compensate for something.

Old 12-26-2014, 08:55 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,903,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonez765 View Post
so, every single Mexican is an illegal huh? Genius. Lets all round up the Mexicans and send them off to Tijuana where they belong. Yeah, that will teach those brown ****ers a lesson to not come here to 'Murica!

Sacraism aside, I am taking from your comment that you are profiling every single Mexican to be an "illegal." How kind of you.
Not every Hispanic has dark skin. I met a lady who looked like something straight out of Germany with the pasty white skin, light red hair and blue eyes; till she opened her mouth out came the Mexican accent Spanish and, I thought, yowza!

OTOH: I know 1 anglo white dude who gets "profiled" all the time because he's DOES look "Latino", his parents are from Italy and Sweden. He thinks it's funny as hell about being profiled by the cops and, he HATES illegal aliens.

Old 12-26-2014, 09:44 PM

Location: SF Bay Area, aka, Liberal Mecca/wherever DoD sends me to
713 posts, read 1,081,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Not every Hispanic has dark skin. I met a lady who looked like something straight out of Germany with the pasty white skin, light red hair and blue eyes; till she opened her mouth out came the Mexican accent Spanish and, I thought, yowza!
Wouldn't you think I would know that when I'm Mexican-American, my parents are from Jalisco, and my grandmother looked like a typical Iberian and a descent number of my relatives as well? Tsskkkkhhhh.....

Besides, I was being sarcastic with that ******* who thinks all brown people are illegals.

Old 12-26-2014, 10:21 PM

21,736 posts, read 16,350,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonez765 View Post

Besides, I was being sarcastic with that ******* who thinks all brown people are illegals.
Who thinks all liberals are "*******s", as you say post after post after post after post after post ----?
Write certain kinds of things often enough and readers form an opinion of the writer, eh?

Old 12-26-2014, 11:53 PM

104 posts, read 115,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew1056 View Post
Ok, moved here a few years ago. But I can't stand it anymore, here is why.

-They tax you on everything
-EVERYTHING is overpriced.
-Its overcrowded
-The people here are ignorant and rude, not all, but most of them
-San francisco sucks, their are only a few ways to get into the city.. Marin county, bay bridge, or driving up the peninsula. And theirs always traffic.
-Its SUNNY all the time. I like sunny days, but It does get quite annoying when it doesn't rain at all. And when it rains everyone goes crazy like "holy ****, its rain, where gonna die!"
-Natural Gas Lines. If their is a major earthquake, older communities could explode. PG&E is Genius.
-Illegal Immigrants everywhere.

Seriously, I would rather be in death valley then be in SF. It sucks. If the US goes down, California is going down first. Back to the East Coast.
Matthew:

You are not alone and several high profile well to do people are leaving California in droves.

//www.city-data.com/forum/calif...ays-adios.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California