Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2007, 07:30 PM

6 posts, read 40,127 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeniseC View Post
My dad just passed away a few weeks ago and my mom and I are talking about moving closer to family. We have relatives in Grass Valley, Nevada City, Volcano, Jackson and many other areas. Does anyone have any areas that they love in No Calif and is it possible to still find an acre or two? Housing in WC is averaging about $700K but who knows the price of California land these days. I love vineyards and woods and so does mom (retired) I would have to find a job in accounting as I am retired but still too young to stay that way.
I love Auburn, Grass Valley and Nevada City because they are close to the mountians, but far enough down so that they don't get so much snow. They are colder in the winter than Walnut Creek. There are excellent prices at this time. Roseville is booming, and there is unsold inventory of new homes. I think Roseville would be a good place to get a job in accounting, with so many new businesses opening up. It is crazy to live in the Bay Area if you don't have to live her for your job.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2007, 02:29 AM

510 posts, read 3,201,306 times
Penryn is nice for sure, but it's definitely pricey as it's the loca areas rural area. I personally think you should look into Foresthill. The prices have taken hits there as of late and you will find a good deal. You're looking at about 20 minutes to get into Roseville/Rocklin for access to way too many restaraunts, and shopping. Sacramento is another 15 minutes with good traffic, although there's not much reason to venture there for me.

You're also closer to Tahoe for your recreational stuff as well. If you want to go with an even less expensive area, Placerville could be a consideration.

Old 07-26-2007, 09:49 AM

375 posts, read 1,725,571 times
Sorry to hear about your father.

I agree you should check out these areas; Penryn, Nevada City, Grass Valley, Auburn, Loomis and Newcastle.

Old 07-26-2007, 10:35 AM

6,957 posts, read 22,309,298 times
Default Calaveras County

Close to your Jackson Relatives, but much less expensive.

Old 07-27-2007, 02:45 PM

1,108 posts, read 3,321,255 times
If you life in heaven, why are you selling?

Old 07-28-2007, 01:15 PM

22 posts, read 88,197 times
Thanks you all so much for all the great ideas about different areas to consider. I have many relatives in Nevada City, Grass Valley, Cool, a brother in Volacano and friends in Clear Lake and Rocklin so everyone is correct in
saying there are many possibilties. I am now a licensed esthetician so I have a few more skill sets than before, yippee!
As for that Truckee location for sale, why would you ever leave? My family has a home in Sierra City since the early 1900's and I love that little hamlet.

Old 07-28-2007, 01:21 PM

22 posts, read 88,197 times
Also, thanks so much for the heartfelt condolences for the loss of my dad. He loved the mountains so much. He used to deliver the mail when he was 17 by cross country skiing up in the Sierra City area in the 40's before he took off for the Pacific Theater in WWII. He was an avid backpacker and being a former Marine really showed in that environment. Bless you folks for caring!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California