Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2012, 09:34 PM

472 posts, read 385,636 times

Advertisements

I was born on the East Coast. I like the east coast. I do miss the four seasons. We moved to California when I was ten.
We don't have hard winters here in California. We have mountains, desert, and a great ocean.
The cost of living here is not cheap. We don't have the best schools. Crime, well, we have crime.
I think one has to live where their heart is. Every State has it's good, and bad points.
If you move here, don't cut your ties with your home State, you may want to move back.
Me, I love the sea, the mountains, and, yes...the desert. Ut, I also love things about other States.
Now Texas...there's a State I think I could live in. They have the best steak in th world, plus they have jobs just waiting for people. I don't think I'**** the Gulf storms they have.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2012, 09:39 PM

6,390 posts, read 9,684,265 times
Quote:
We don't have hard winters here in California.
Eh? The coldest town, year round average in the US is in CA. Winter only lasts from October to May. Homes have doors on the second floor, to get out without having to build tunnels through the snow up to daylight

Old 09-10-2012, 09:52 PM

341 posts, read 708,640 times
CA: "It's all good from Diego to the Bay."

Old 09-10-2012, 10:28 PM

472 posts, read 385,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .highnlite View Post
Eh? The coldest town, year round average in the US is in CA. Winter only lasts from October to May. Homes have doors on the second floor, to get out without having to build tunnels through the snow up to daylight
Alaska is part of the USA. I understand it get cold there. The area you speak of, is the mountains between Reno, and California...we call that our water shead.

Old 09-11-2012, 02:08 AM

345 posts, read 1,031,082 times
You're right; every state has its good and bad qualities. I'd say there is something to be appreciated in every state. Just look at forgotten states such as ND and SD. Most Californians would never consider moving there due to its climate and location. But supposedly they have some of the friendliest people in the country, cheap housing, and extremely low crime. Those are three big positives.

Old 09-11-2012, 03:31 AM

23,593 posts, read 37,479,020 times
Every state has its good points and some not so good. It all boils down to personal preferences. If you're fortunate you have the opportunity, over time, to explore and experience a number of them and then make a knowing choice.

Old 09-11-2012, 10:02 AM

6,390 posts, read 9,684,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domenic View Post
Alaska is part of the USA. I understand it get cold there. The area you speak of, is the mountains between Reno, and California...we call that our water shead.
I generally qualify the statement with, "in the lower 48" forgot to this time. "water shead" is watershed.

Old 09-12-2012, 10:15 AM

5,324 posts, read 18,269,946 times
Quote:
Just curious, what town is that?

Old 09-12-2012, 02:02 PM

795 posts, read 1,585,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
Every state has its good points and some not so good. It all boils down to personal preferences. If you're fortunate you have the opportunity, over time, to explore and experience a number of them and then make a knowing choice.
Well said and I agree.

Old 09-12-2012, 02:56 PM

30,897 posts, read 36,958,653 times
Quote:
Sure but only a few thousand people live there. 90% of Californians live in the warm/mild winter areas, as you already know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California