U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2012, 07:29 AM

885 posts, read 1,362,004 times

Advertisements

I moved here for work from the east coast. I am VERY disappointed to say the least. It is way too hot here. Its very dirty(trash and yard uncared for). The refineries really smell awful too. I won't stay here very long!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2012, 03:07 PM

3,050 posts, read 3,846,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacifico View Post
Its easily a 4 HR or so drive to LA.
Huh? Try and hour and a half to two -- at the most, straight down I-5 over the Grapevine!

Old 10-02-2012, 01:21 AM
Status: "Globalist's empire has obviously failed." (set 7 days ago)

19,723 posts, read 20,393,403 times
[quote=namder1;26240006]I moved here for work from the east coast. I am VERY disappointed to say the least. It is way too hot here. Its very dirty(trash and yard uncared for). The refineries really smell awful too. I won't stay here very long![/quote]

My oh my, everything that I have read comes out in your post.....glad I did not move there.

Old 10-02-2012, 05:19 PM

7,376 posts, read 14,649,340 times
It's a lot like Paris.

Old 10-03-2012, 08:31 AM

11,462 posts, read 18,263,539 times
Default How is Bakersfield?

It's Hot, dirty. the black widows are the size of rats and the rats are the size of dogs, don't come here.

Old 10-04-2012, 11:00 PM

9 posts, read 29,011 times
It's one of those places that I could NEVER imagine living, regardless of the circumstances. I am not usually one to generalize, but I really can't think of anything positive about the place - honestly.

Old 06-10-2013, 07:37 AM

55 posts, read 392,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhysicianMD View Post
I am originally from Seattle and lived in NY/NJ. I was wondering what Bakersfield is like. Is it accessible to LA?
Bak-O is too far from LA to be considered "commutable." It is a sewer of a town. Do not move there.

Old 06-10-2013, 03:36 PM

1,849 posts, read 4,364,664 times
This is in response to the original poster and to everyone else who are curious about Bakersfield.

Bakersfield is not horrible in my honest opinion...Trust me their are other parts of the State and the Country that are Worst.

Bakersfield has a growing population of over 350,000 so it's not a small farm town like what others have made it out to be,but has all the modern conveniences and the postives and negatives like any other city.

Bakersfield is about 2-3 hours from L.A,and has Hot Dry Summers and the Winters can be a bit Chilly and Foggy at times....Even though the Summers are Hot,we actually get cooled down occasionally when cooler Marine Air flows over the Mountains into the Valley or when it comes down through the Bay Area,so we don't roast like Vegas or Phoenix throughout the Summer....The Air Quality is not the best,but is mostly an issue for those who have respiratory problems such as Asthma.

Despite the arid climate of the area,it's surprisingly green throughout most of the area because of the Agricultural Fields and others types of Greenery that are planted here.

Bakersfield is not for everyone,since each individual has their own preferences,but I love it here and been here for more than 10 years,and if Bakersfield is too large for you and would prefer to live in a smaller community but close to Bakersfield,their is a nice smaller community called Shafter,which is about 15 mins to the North...Shafter has a mixture of Old and Newer Neighborhoods and a Population of around 16,000.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California