Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-27-2015, 06:25 PM

3 posts, read 6,151 times

Advertisements

Hey all,
Do any of you have opinions about good/bad areas of town to live? I'm 26, moving for a job. I'm moving from a city, so I know it'll be a big adjustment, so as much as possible I'd like to live 'downtown'. I don't really want to bother neighbors by having people over. That being said, my biggest priority is clean and safe. Here are some of the addresses I'm looking at:
441 Oasis Dr.
515 E Ridgecrest Blvd
617 E Ridgecrest Blvd
141 W Upjohn Ave
121 S Norma St
408 W. Felspar Ave
1024 w Graff St

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2015, 06:53 PM

13,827 posts, read 29,925,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movingtoCL View Post
Hey all,
Do any of you have opinions about good/bad areas of town to live? I'm 26, moving for a job. I'm moving from a city, so I know it'll be a big adjustment, so as much as possible I'd like to live 'downtown'. I don't really want to bother neighbors by having people over. That being said, my biggest priority is clean and safe. Here are some of the addresses I'm looking at:
441 Oasis Dr.
515 E Ridgecrest Blvd
617 E Ridgecrest Blvd
141 W Upjohn Ave
121 S Norma St
408 W. Felspar Ave
1024 w Graff St

Thanks!
Ridgecrest doesn't have a proper downtown. Well, it does, but it's a very small walkable strip-mall variety (Balsam St). It is never bustling, so there is no inherent desire to live near it. Ridgecrest is very much a big-box store town, so if there is a cultural downtown it is Wal-Mart.

441 Oasis Dr: La Mirage, a big complex of single story duplex/triplex style apartments. This is what the locals call ghetto, but it really is not. A lot of your local trash will have lived here at some point, however.

515 E Ridgecrest Blvd/617 E Ridgecrest Blvd: These aren't that bad. They are close to Eastridge Market, which is just a gas station with more groceries. They are multi-story, small apartments. Think permanent motel.

141 W Upjohn Ave: Are similar in style to the two on Ridgecrest Blvd, but it's a bigger building. Maybe a smidgen nicer.

121 S Norma St: No. The only good thing is that you're across the street from Drive-Thru Dairy, besides that, just no.

408 W. Felspar Ave: I like this one, you're across from open desert, in a quiet area. Out of these, this is the one I would choose.

1024 w Graaf St: This area is a sea of privately owned triplexes, however, you're not really near anything, but the neighborhood itself is mostly fine. However, this particular one is at the beginning of an industrial area, which might not be particularly desirable for you.

Old 04-27-2015, 08:21 PM

Thank you

Old 05-08-2015, 04:18 PM

Default One more

138 S Locust St
Thanks

Old 05-09-2015, 01:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by movingtoCL View Post
138 S Locust St
Thanks
Pretty quiet, average area.

Old 07-01-2015, 07:25 PM

1 posts, read 1,863 times
I am a 34 year old black male that may be moving to RC for a job. Reading all this has gotten me really worried. Any thoughts?? Please respond. Thanks

Old 07-01-2015, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by okc44thunder View Post
I am a 34 year old black male that may be moving to RC for a job. Reading all this has gotten me really worried. Any thoughts?? Please respond. Thanks
If you manage to keep yourself in the better circles, you'll be fine.

If not, best of luck to you.

Old 09-23-2015, 04:01 PM

2 posts, read 3,441 times
Default moving to ridgecrest from the IE

Hey David, glad to see you're still responding to this thread after all these years! Well Ill get right to it, im a fellow resident (or former should I say) of the IE- Corona to be exact and basically lived here my whole life. I moved to LA for college and grad school and came back to corona for a year and I was just offered a position at Cerro Coso. I accepted it yesterday and came across this thread and was a little shocked lol. Anywho, i have already committed so I was wondering if you could give some feedback on places I am considering moving to. I like you, am also a man of color so I def dont want to live in the wrong areas!!

Im considering the following locations:

539 E ridgecrest blvd
1290 E california
another apt on E ridgecrest- dont have the exact address yet
203 S. gemstone

BTW Ive noticed that alot of apartments out there dont have AC? and swamp coolers? do those actually work or should I avoid them like the plague? I couldnt live in the IE with out ac let alone the desert where its probably a little bit hotter. Any help would be appreciated, thanks alot man!

Old 09-23-2015, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by netsfolife14 View Post
Hey David, glad to see you're still responding to this thread after all these years! Well Ill get right to it, im a fellow resident (or former should I say) of the IE- Corona to be exact and basically lived here my whole life. I moved to LA for college and grad school and came back to corona for a year and I was just offered a position at Cerro Coso. I accepted it yesterday and came across this thread and was a little shocked lol. Anywho, i have already committed so I was wondering if you could give some feedback on places I am considering moving to. I like you, am also a man of color so I def dont want to live in the wrong areas!!

Im considering the following locations:

539 E ridgecrest blvd
1290 E california
another apt on E ridgecrest- dont have the exact address yet
203 S. gemstone

BTW Ive noticed that alot of apartments out there dont have AC? and swamp coolers? do those actually work or should I avoid them like the plague? I couldnt live in the IE with out ac let alone the desert where its probably a little bit hotter. Any help would be appreciated, thanks alot man!
No problem. Swamp coolers are fine, just make sure you leave a window open.

539 E ridgecrest blvd - about as urban as Ridgecrest gets. Will be mostly hit and miss.
1290 E california - quiet, if not a little run down.
another apt on E ridgecrest- dont have the exact address yet - see 539 E, they are pretty much the same
203 S. gemstone - the quietest, and likely nicest.

Old 09-24-2015, 12:20 AM

2 posts, read 3,441 times
Thanks for the tips ! Appreciate it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California