Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2012, 02:21 PM

9,455 posts, read 12,545,216 times

Advertisements

I live in California and I love:
  • The friendly people
  • The clear blue skis-got no smog
  • The weather, especially when it snows (we have four seasons here)
  • The large areas of forest
  • The uncrowded and open land that I experience everyday
  • The courteous drivers
  • The slow pace of life
  • The lack of heavy traffic
  • That if I forget to lock my car, no worries
  • The affordable housing (median home price in my area just went up to $165K)
  • The great schools in our area
  • The low crime rate
  • The skiing (some of the best in the world)
I could go on, but I'll wrap it up by saying there ain't a palm tree in sight and the closest beach is three hours away (Lake Tahoe).

What do you like about living in CA?

(I've read one too many anti CA posts)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2012, 02:28 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,475,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post
  • The friendly people
  • The weather, especially when it snows
  • The courteous drivers
  • The slow pace of life
  • The low crime rate
I could go on, but I'll wrap it up by saying there ain't a palm tree in sight and the closest beach is three hours away (Lake Tahoe).

Nah! You're just 5150 material. But really, that's good to hear. It's how everyone should feel about their home. The bottom line is that California doesn't need to be "justified" by anyone. It's simply not for everyone any more than any other place is. What's unique about it is that almost everyone can find most if not all of what they're looking for someplace there.

Old 10-05-2012, 02:29 PM

1,548 posts, read 3,034,017 times
Quote:
  • The friendly people
  • The weather, especially when it snows
  • The courteous drivers
  • The slow pace of life
  • The low crime rate

Great thread!

I've lived in CA and will soon be returning. I love CA because:

- it's warm
- it's sunny
- I can swim year round there
- my joints don't hurt as much there
- my seasonal depression is non-existent there
- my dog doesn't have severe respiratory issues there
- I can go to the dog park or beach pretty much any day of the year because the weather is just that awesome (meaning, I don't have to revolve my life around seasons)
- I can wear cute sundresses and sandals the majority of the year
- I can host outdoor dinner parties any time of the year
- I don't have to own a shovel, snow chains, or salt for the walkway (or even a bulky coat - bleh!)
- I can have sand in my car and the smell of the ocean air in my beach blanket year round

I truly love CA.

Old 10-05-2012, 02:30 PM

1,548 posts, read 3,034,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
Nah! You're just 5150 material. But really, that's good to hear. It's how everyone should feel about their home. The bottom line is that California doesn't need to be "justified" by anyone. It's simply not for everyone any more than any other place is. What's unique about it is that almost everyone can find most if not all of what they're looking for someplace there.
Very well said, and so true.

Old 10-05-2012, 02:34 PM

364 posts, read 611,134 times
I love getting endless humor out of the lefties ruining this place and then starting these silly threads to make it seem that everything is just peachy. I hear that 2 floor sweepers were hired in San Bernadino yesterday. Surprised we don't have a thread on that yet.

Old 10-05-2012, 02:37 PM

2,735 posts, read 6,735,893 times
although i don't live there anymore and i've really loved the other places i've lived since...i will always love california because it's my home state. it is where i was born and made so many of those first memories and lived the whole first half of my life..i didn't consider myself a missourian or a georgian while living in those states, nor do i consider myself a virginian. i still feel i am a californian because that is what molded me into who i am. there are things i dislike about ca and reasons i left and reasons i don't want to come back, but it's still my home state and nobody better dog it unless you are actually from there lol...i dog it, but i better not hear someone dog it who has never lived there! i'm protective of ca haha....
everyone loves the weather there, i wanted to have all kinds of different weather so i really don't miss that until about january...by then i'm done with this winter weather (which isn't really that bad)...and you know something, 50 out there in ca is a lot colder than 50 out here for some strange reason! humid summers don't bother me, in fact, i think i'm kind of weird, i like it!
but anyways, i love california because it's what i know most!

Old 10-05-2012, 02:44 PM

9,455 posts, read 12,545,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyTXsmile View Post
Great thread!

I've lived in CA and will soon be returning. I love CA because:

- it's warm
- it's sunny
- I can swim year round there
- my joints don't hurt as much there
- my seasonal depression is non-existent there
- my dog doesn't have severe respiratory issues there
- I can go to the dog park or beach pretty much any day of the year because the weather is just that awesome (meaning, I don't have to revolve my life around seasons)
- I can wear cute sundresses and sandals the majority of the year
- I can host outdoor dinner parties any time of the year
- I don't have to own a shovel, snow chains, or salt for the walkway (or even a bulky coat - bleh!)
- I can have sand in my car and the smell of the ocean air in my beach blanket year round

I truly love CA.
Ha! I live in CA and I own a snow shovel, tire chains and we just bought a snow blower last year. (we use sand on our walkway)

Old 10-05-2012, 02:56 PM

2,735 posts, read 6,735,893 times
Quote:
Ha! I live in CA and I own a snow shovel, tire chains and we just bought a snow blower last year. (we use sand on our walkway)
lol we always had chains for trips to the lagunas then when we moved, we kept them since we were moving to an area that got snow in winter, albeit not a lot but still, we were sure we'd need chains....only to be made fun of lol...my husband asked people at work about chains and they were all like "uh no" haha...driving in snow, even if there is a speck of snow on the ground terrifies me though and i just blame it on my california raising

Old 10-05-2012, 03:03 PM

205 posts, read 241,516 times
where do you all live posting here ?

Old 10-05-2012, 03:07 PM

7,150 posts, read 10,897,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshine7793 View Post
I love getting endless humor out of the lefties ruining this place and then starting these silly threads to make it seem that everything is just peachy. I hear that 2 floor sweepers were hired in San Bernadino yesterday. Surprised we don't have a thread on that yet.
And I love to chuckle about crabby conservatives MOD CUT who pi** and moan constantly and have nothing productive to offer their communities -- all the while the simple delights and wonders of life elude them as they continuously whine about not having enough ___________ (fill in blank) because the government and liberals are denying them their "freedom".

Last edited by NewToCA; 10-05-2012 at 03:28 PM.. Reason: don't make it personal, please
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California