Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2012, 03:44 PM

2 posts, read 2,982 times

Advertisements

Guess What,

We made the news again, the LA Times.

Man burned in Santa Clarita explosion at marijuana grow house.

Santa Clarita is already known as the Meth capital of CA. I am sick and tired of hearing of all the drugs that are in the public schools. Something needs to be done. The more that people pretend this problem does not exist, the worse the problem becomes. There is nothing for our young people to do, so they turn to drugs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2012, 04:17 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,748,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefury View Post

Santa Clarita is already known as the Meth capital of CA.
I've never heard this and I've lived in Southern California for 47 of the past 51 years.

Old 10-25-2012, 04:23 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,938,866 times
I'm trying to connect an explosion with growing MJ.

Old 10-25-2012, 05:16 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,471,872 times
Default How to solve the drug problem in Santa Clarita!

Hot shots!

Old 10-25-2012, 06:18 PM

36 posts, read 112,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefury View Post
Santa Clarita is already known as the Meth capital of CA.
LOL, you're joking... right?

Old 10-25-2012, 08:28 PM

1,976 posts, read 6,857,850 times
I live in SC and kids are in High school here. It is as good as it gets nowadays as public schools go. I am not sure when SC got to be the meth capital, I am sure there are quite a few people abusing stuff-show me somewhere that this is not true.

As a general rule, it makes sense to make drugs legal, regulate and tax their sale. This will eliminate a lot of other issues related to gangs and kids being forced to sell drugs. Then you educate the youth on it-as opposed to denying that there is a problem. Think of it like alcohol or cigarettes; they are still an issue, but you rarely see someone get shot at because of it.

Old 10-27-2012, 01:12 AM

3,853 posts, read 12,865,527 times
Quote:
As a general rule, it makes sense to make drugs legal, regulate and tax their sale. This will eliminate a lot of other issues related to gangs and kids being forced to sell drugs. Then you educate the youth on it-as opposed to denying that there is a problem. Think of it like alcohol or cigarettes; they are still an issue, but you rarely see someone get shot at because of it.
Yup, exactly. The basic ethics behind this logic is that a person who uses drugs is not innocent. A person who gets shot, killed or otherwise harmed by drug influenced violence is innocent. As a first step, we need to protect the innocent. Legalizing, taxing and regulate does exactly that. It gets rid of the violence by getting rid of the black market. The revenue generated from drug sales then goes to pay for anti-drug education and/or drug rehabilitation programs.

Anti-drug education is the key to solving the drug problem. Also changing society's view of drugs as being, "very bad" is key.

Old 10-28-2012, 08:58 AM

3,744 posts, read 4,086,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by killer2021 View Post
Yup, exactly. The basic ethics behind this logic is that a person who uses drugs is not innocent. A person who gets shot, killed or otherwise harmed by drug influenced violence is innocent. As a first step, we need to protect the innocent. Legalizing, taxing and regulate does exactly that. It gets rid of the violence by getting rid of the black market. The revenue generated from drug sales then goes to pay for anti-drug education and/or drug rehabilitation programs.

Anti-drug education is the key to solving the drug problem. Also changing society's view of drugs as being, "very bad" is key.
Complete and utter hogwash.... drugs by their very nature create unstable people.. look at the drug crimes that are skyrocketing because of MJ in our communities

How about a more rigorous stance on drugs.. with better drug abuse programs and less tolerance in our society for such a selfish hedonistic self serving activity

We dont need more dumbed down people.. more brain deprived juveniles who then become slow learner adults.. we need less

Hows legalization of alcohol worked for us... poorly.. or not at all

Execute drug dealers and I think drug abuse would slow down rather quickly

Old 10-28-2012, 09:05 AM

6,390 posts, read 9,682,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
Complete and utter hogwash.... drugs by their very nature create unstable people.. look at the drug crimes that are skyrocketing because of MJ in our communities

How about a more rigorous stance on drugs.. with better drug abuse programs and less tolerance in our society for such a selfish hedonistic self serving activity

We dont need more dumbed down people.. more brain deprived juveniles who then become slow learner adults.. we need less

Mammals like a buzz, as long as they do, chemicals will be used to get that buzz. I do find it humorous that some are all up in arms over illegal drugs, which kill, maybe 30,000 a year all told.

Alcohol kills around 500,000 every year.

Nicotine kills around 500,000 every year.

Our national priorities are a bit confused.

Old 10-28-2012, 12:30 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,392,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post

True but it won't work anymore than legalizing them. Underage kids will still get them illegally as no one wants legal drugs for kids except absolute degenerates and drug sellers.

Has legal sales of alcohol and cigarettes helped the young??????? Nope.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California