Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2012, 10:34 AM

26,329 posts, read 93,755,036 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyTXsmile View Post
Honestly, there are much larger things to be upset about.
Like what?

Quote:
there seems to be an unusually high number of argumentative and/or just plain nasty people on the CA board....People of CA, why do you think there are so many argumentative people on the CA board compared to other city boards?
Quote:
I can imagine, with the large influx of CAs to TX, that it's annoying to TX folks,
Quote:
I'm not from CA, but when I lived there, I noticed that's how they drove, too. If you hit the blinker too soon, they just block you out so you can't get over.
Quote:
...CA, I have lived there, and do actually love it and the weather, but miss the lack of community, values, etc. ....I'm making the right decision to move to TX. I can't wait to get there already.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2012, 10:38 AM

1,548 posts, read 3,034,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fontucky View Post
Ok there Ann Landers.
lol

Old 11-01-2012, 10:43 AM

16,806 posts, read 39,942,396 times
Some people here won't get that reference.

Old 11-01-2012, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
Like what?
Try reading the entire post and threads, Sherlock Holmes. You can cherry pick anything to make it sound like what you want: for example, if you cherry pick the first three letters of the word "assumption", you have something completely different than then intended meaning.

What is larger to be upset about than dropping F bombs over the fact that the news is biased yet the people it's biased against don't seem to even be annoyed by it? Pray that you never have to live to learn the answer to that firsthand.

Old 11-01-2012, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Some people here won't get that reference.
I think the entire topic is comical.

Old 11-01-2012, 11:01 AM

Quote:

What is larger to be upset about than dropping F bombs over the fact that the news is biased yet the people it's biased against don't seem to even be annoyed by it?
Are you saying we should be annoyed by the fact that the East isn't getting West Coast news coverage? Shouldn't that annoy the people back East rather than lil ole us?

Old 11-01-2012, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Are you saying we should be annoyed by the fact that the East isn't getting West Coast news coverage? Shouldn't that annoy the people back East rather than lil ole us?
I'm saying you people are reading way too much into things, and are getting way too upset over something that

#1, the OP on the east coast has admitted doesn't have an impact on him, and
#2, the people on the west coast that have responded have said they don't care about.

I don't see the problem. I see a few bored people trying to make a problem so they have yet something else to debate about because they need more happy things in their lives.

Since you asked.

Last edited by SunnyTXsmile; 11-01-2012 at 11:26 AM..

Old 11-01-2012, 11:19 AM

8,982 posts, read 10,461,212 times
Even though I grew up on the East Coast, I seldom think about it anymore, except when I talk to my mom or sister on the phone and/or unless something really major (like Hurricane Sandy) happens.

But that'll be changing now that the burgeoning SF-based company where I work is planning to open a small satellite office in a remote backwater in the distant Atlantic Northeast -- an inconsequential little burg called Boston, I believe.

Old 11-01-2012, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
Like what?
And since you're so obsessed, I'll humor you one time:

Did you actually spend the time to read the entire thread, or did you just think that you could know everything behind what I was saying (and about me) by scanning a few words?

Since you’re so curious about my life, and are trying so very hard to find things that upset me:
  • I began a thread about the argumentative people on the CA board because, due to the high amounts of Vit. D, it’s shocking to me that so many people are so grumpy on the CA board. Since my family studied psychology, I was not upset, I was interested in theories as to why that might be the case in the CA board. If you took the time to read the responses, you would have found some rather informative responses.
  • Since the influx of CA residents into TX increased dramatically and suddenly with the onset of the recession, yes, I imagine that would be annoying to TX folks. I, however, am not from TX, but I can sympathize, and was certainly not upset, as it doesn’t even impact me. CA’s situation is entirely different.
  • The third quote was an observation of a driving pattern. Not sure why you thought I was upset by that, but I wasn’t. I simply made a mental note of the driving pattern for that area, and changed the way I drove because of it when I lived there. Overall, if you read any of my other posts, CA has much better drivers, IMO than my hometown and other cities I’ve lived in (there’s even stats to prove that), so why would I be upset by that? I wasn’t upset about that, but good try.
  • The fourth post I mentioned that I'm looking for a place (and still am - once I get to CA, I'll be able to shop areas a bit better) that have a strong sense of community and old-fashioned values (like what I was raised with) for which to relocate to and hopefully raise children since I just lost my entire family, however, I was not upset. It’s just a quality I’d like to find in my next town, even though I love my current town (despite the cold – brrr). Again, no one is upset here. It's just on my New City Wish List.
What larger things are there to be upset about?
  • Mistreatment of our aging population
  • Child abuse
  • Rape
  • Cancer
  • Animal neglect
  • Spousal abuse
  • How our ecosystem is being treated
  • Mental health regulations
  • Hospital staffing shortages and regulations
  • Shall I go on?
Pull up a chair. I can tell you lovely stories about all of the above. Perhaps those experiences will move you into action to help on one or more of these fronts vs. wasting your time scanning posts and taking them out of context, trying so hard to twist them to fit your needs (you missed the mark, but gold star for effort, though).

Old 11-01-2012, 11:28 AM

Quote:
I'm saying you people are reading way too much into things
Quote:
I see a few bored people trying to make a problem so they have yet something else to debate about because they need more happy things in their lives.
What was that about reading into things?

Speaking of bored, you've posted 10 times to this topic while this post makes 7 for me. Perspective much?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California