Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-04-2012, 01:48 PM

4 posts, read 10,621 times

Advertisements

Hi, what is the easiest state to get residency in? The one that requires the lease documentation, etc? I'm a permanent resident but lost my ID abroad a while ago. Right now have out of country (Canada, UK) ID only.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2012, 02:29 PM

14,129 posts, read 31,118,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wally72 View Post
Hi, what is the easiest state to get residency in? The one that requires the lease documentation, etc? I'm a permanent resident but lost my ID abroad a while ago. Right now have out of country (Canada, UK) ID only.

Thanks
Suggest you post this on the immigration forum, unless of course you're just a troll.

Old 11-04-2012, 02:32 PM

193 posts, read 456,423 times
Quote:

Thanks
California, come on man... half this state is illegal

Old 11-04-2012, 08:50 PM

Default Smiles

Not a troll, just new to the forum. Smiling big about California. What a great place - esp. long beach!

Old 11-04-2012, 08:56 PM

6,115 posts, read 12,482,092 times
Rewind...

You're a permanent resident where? What ID did you lose? Are you talking about residency requirements for school?

States don't control your immigration status - the federal government does.

What exactly are you trying to accomplish?

Old 11-04-2012, 09:11 PM

Default Lpr

I'm a lawful permanent resident (green card holder), but I lost my wallet while abroad some time ago. I have an Ontario drivers license and a UK passport, and I'd like to enter the states and get the ball rolling on state ID while I wait for a replacement green card (two to five months I'm told). I have a social security number, but the card was in the same wallet I lost.

I primarily need to to replace a California drivers license I had about 9 years ago as that's where I think I'm headed... unless there's an easier state such as Washington perhaps.

Old 11-04-2012, 09:24 PM

6,664 posts, read 30,502,195 times
Just go to a CA DMV and tell them you lost your California drivers license. They are friendly enough to help, you might need something to prove who you are. But I would start there as they will reissue a license with the same number.

Old 11-04-2012, 09:26 PM

Default Thanks

Thanks for that info. It's a drag when you loose your wallet!

Old 11-05-2012, 06:46 PM

6,418 posts, read 11,542,516 times
Quote:
I'm a lawful permanent resident (green card holder), but I lost my wallet while abroad some time ago. I have an Ontario drivers license and a UK passport, and I'd like to enter the states and get the ball rolling on state ID while I wait for a replacement green card (two to five months I'm told). I have a social security number, but the card was in the same wallet I lost.

I primarily need to to replace a California drivers license I had about 9 years ago as that's where I think I'm headed... unless there's an easier state such as Washington perhaps.
Officially, you'd need to find the nearest US embassy or consulate wherever you are, and get from them some sort of document to allow you to enter the US before your replacement green card arrives.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California