Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-07-2012, 05:23 PM

193 posts, read 458,477 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by spotlesseden View Post
Education should be mostly for people who are under 21. Go back and find the population stats first.
You find it... either you are suggesting that the other states have far less people who are in school and are under 21 or you are suggesting that California residents spit out children far faster than the other states and thus have far more kids in school and need more money... since this IS California and we DO have a huge illegal immigrant problem I would have to agree with the suggestion, point taken.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2012, 05:25 PM

10,031 posts, read 9,507,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdJS View Post
Personally, I am very happy with the election results. That's all I have to say.
LOL.... I guess not knowing where your taxes are spent makes you happy, go figure.

Old 11-07-2012, 05:50 PM

Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
7,484 posts, read 10,448,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
Come on. Your link, the one that appears to be a U.S. government spending website, is written by this guy: Christopher Chantrill - Home Page
And so? Did you even look at where his data comes from? Was his data incorrect?

It is apparent that you don't know how to maneuver around that website or use the link. But don't try and act as if the data is incorrect just because you can't figure out how to search it yourself. It is not that difficult to find the data.

Man O Man I see why CA is never going to recover.

Human ignorance never ceases to amaze me!

Old 11-07-2012, 07:01 PM

26,727 posts, read 26,812,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVC15 View Post
And so? Did you even look at where his data comes from? Was his data incorrect?
Click your own link. Christopher Chantrill calls himself a "a writer and a conservative." And when you look at his table of data sources by year, under state spending and state revenue it states, "guesstimated by usgovernmentspending.com," his website.

Quote:
But don't try and act as if the data is incorrect just because you can't figure out how to search it yourself. Human ignorance never ceases to amaze me!
I'm not going to waste my time on your links and comments. If it makes you feel better to hurl childish insults at each poster every time you don't agree with one of them, carry on.

Old 11-07-2012, 07:29 PM

Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
Quote:
Click your own link. Christopher Chantrill calls himself a "a writer and a conservative." And when you look at his table of data sources by year, under state spending and state revenue it states, "guesstimated by usgovernmentspending.com," his website.
Post links showing his data is not accurate

Quote:
I'm not going to waste my time on your links and comments.
Of course you won't since that would make you an informed person and you would rather live in ignorance rather than face facts.

Here I will make it easy for you by getting you to the website http://www.census.gov/ Now it is up to you to do the rest. Hint: In the search box at the top far right corner I typed in Education Spending

Quote:
If it makes you feel better to hurl childish insults at each poster every time you don't agree with one of them, carry on.
Not one insult. You have simply demonstrated that you are unable to look up data in order to enguage in educated discussions. You have also demonstrated that you are a blind believer at all costs. Ignorance is not an insult but an unfortunate fact of life....however there is no excuse for it in the age of information technology.

Old 11-07-2012, 08:06 PM

26,727 posts, read 26,812,827 times
Quote:
Here I will make it easy for you by getting you to the website... Now it is up to you to do the rest. Hint: In the search box at the top far right corner...you would rather live in ignorance rather than face facts.
Quote:
You have simply demonstrated that you are unable to look up data in order to enguage in educated discussions.
Quote:
Not one insult.
Really? Talk about ignorance. I don't take anyone's information seriously who insults others (read your sarcastic and belittling posts to others, not just on this forum). I think this is why there's an "ignore" button on this board.

Old 11-07-2012, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Really? Talk about ignorance. I don't take anyone's information seriously who insults others (read your sarcastic and belittling posts to others, not just on this forum). I think this is why there's an "ignore" button on this board.
Whatever gets you by.

Please put me on ignore if you can't engage in a civil discussion.

If you don't agree with a poster then by gosh post data that refutes their data vs. simply calling the others posters data garbage...especially when you have not posted any links to prove or disprove them.

Seems simple to me. Like this http://www.ebudget.ca.gov/

68 Billion for K-12 and your still ranked near bottem in the US for education.

Old 11-07-2012, 08:35 PM

415 posts, read 615,816 times
I predict in the coming year I will be reading more stories in the Las Vegas Sun and the Salt Lake Tribune about Californians who make $250K+ deciding to declare their ski hut in Park City or their Vegas condo or their secluded mansion in middle of nowhere UT/NV their primary residence so they become Utahans/Nevadans for tax purposes and get out of paying California income taxes altogether.

And sometime after that, reading about how Prop 30 failed to make the money needed, and more hikes are needed, please vote for Prop X, or the kids get it and Brown will set fire to ten freeways and shut down Crystal Cove.

Believe me, I'm from Vegas and lived in Salt Lake suburbia for 14 years. The news in UT and NV is full of the rich and obscure and the rich and famous deciding that they love the beach, but hey, that ski hut they live in for 4 months in Park City is now their primary residence, and they'll be voting as Utahans in the next election. Many do this while happily happily maintaining California mansions (thank you whatever prop that was for making the property taxes low) and California business presence.

The that one city everyone loves to lose money, dignity, and sanity in is 4 hours away from LA, and there is no income tax in Nevada. Not a dime. Zero, zilcho, nada. And its next to impossible for the breeds like rabbits crowd (who these days in SoCal at least mostly come from south of the border) to get the Nevada constitution to bend to their whims, even for education.

This Sin City native is betting that more of the 250K+ crowd will flee to other places, but come back to enjoy California, but not its taxes. Buy a condo in Vegas, declare Vegas home, and watch the income tax go from the highest in the union to zero.

I get that California's schools are in dire straights, but California's taxes are starting to make Massachusetts look like Texas, they really are getting that bad. Perhaps a better thing to do would to admit that California has dug itself into a hole and do something about the hole rather than denying it and digging further. Taxing the rich who can change their state of residence for tax purposes very easily and hiking the sales tax is not going to help. The rich will continue to to flee, people possibly might buy less because of the sales tax, and the schools won't get better.

Old 11-07-2012, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suissegrl702 View Post
I predict in the coming year I will be reading more stories in the Las Vegas Sun and the Salt Lake Tribune about Californians who make $250K+ deciding to declare their ski hut in Park City or their Vegas condo or their secluded mansion in middle of nowhere UT/NV their primary residence so they become Utahans/Nevadans for tax purposes and get out of paying California income taxes altogether.

And sometime after that, reading about how Prop 30 failed to make the money needed, and more hikes are needed, please vote for Prop X, or the kids get it and Brown will set fire to ten freeways and shut down Crystal Cove.

Believe me, I'm from Vegas and lived in Salt Lake suburbia for 14 years. The news in UT and NV is full of the rich and obscure and the rich and famous deciding that they love the beach, but hey, that ski hut they live in for 4 months in Park City is now their primary residence, and they'll be voting as Utahans in the next election. Many do this while happily happily maintaining California mansions (thank you whatever prop that was for making the property taxes low) and California business presence.

The that one city everyone loves to lose money, dignity, and sanity in is 4 hours away from LA, and there is no income tax in Nevada. Not a dime. Zero, zilcho, nada. And its next to impossible for the breeds like rabbits crowd (who these days in SoCal at least mostly come from south of the border) to get the Nevada constitution to bend to their whims, even for education.

This Sin City native is betting that more of the 250K+ crowd will flee to other places, but come back to enjoy California, but not its taxes. Buy a condo in Vegas, declare Vegas home, and watch the income tax go from the highest in the union to zero.

I get that California's schools are in dire straights, but California's taxes are starting to make Massachusetts look like Texas, they really are getting that bad. Perhaps a better thing to do would to admit that California has dug itself into a hole and do something about the hole rather than denying it and digging further. Taxing the rich who can change their state of residence for tax purposes very easily and hiking the sales tax is not going to help. The rich will continue to to flee, people possibly might buy less because of the sales tax, and the schools won't get better.
Very interesting as I was just discussing this with my partner this evening. The top 3% and the rich Hollywood folks all have homes in low or no income states and claim those homes as their primary residents. They won't feel the pain as much as the 250K folks will. Many of the people who voted on this are the ones who still want the government handouts and who will not in any way shape or form be contributing to this tax increase. As well as those who think other peoples money will fix CA...but they don't contribute one bit...they only take and take.

Old 11-07-2012, 11:10 PM

I think the fairest thing surrounding Prop 30 would have been to only allow those who make 250K or more to vote on this Prop. The people who will feel the most impact should be the ones to have the sole right to vote on it. Otherwise it should have been a Prop that included all of us who work no matter what we earn. Then I would bet money on it that it would have not passed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California