Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2012, 11:06 AM

15,088 posts, read 13,449,172 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil306 View Post
Wow. Where to start. Nope. KALIFORNIA is a hell hole and if, HELL HOLE could be started with a C or K it wouldn't change.

The majority of this god forsaken state, KALIFORNIA, wants the death penalty. You liberal communists shoved down my throat Prop 30, saying the people have spoken.

Well, the people of KALIFORNIA with a communist K, have spoken. WE, that includes this black man, who is a conservative, want the death penalty.

This walking, breathing, waste of oxygen should be dead already. However, you COMMUNIST liberals wont let it happen.

What else do you want too know?
Your credibility would be enhanced if you could make your point while using proper English spelling.

And the death penalty repeal failed, and pretty much every state in the union faces a long series of legal appeals before inmate execution. So I have no idea what you're going on about. Don't blow a gasket or something.

Finally, if it's a hell hole to you here, then take charge of your life and go somewhere else.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2012, 11:18 AM

5,981 posts, read 13,121,497 times
Quote:
What is the difference between Kalifornia and the countries you named? This isn't a federal issue, its a state rights issue, so take your BS liberal communist Armed Forces arguement, probably a force you never served in, and save it.

Kalifornia is a liberal hell hole. Who has people such as the article mentioning, laughing at its liberals. They don't care about laws in this state, they laugh and mock you. Yet you think your liberal progressive ways are the best. Yes, I forgot, you liberals are smarter then the rest of us and you know what is better for the rest of this.

I gurantee this double murder is a registered democrat who would agree with your sick liberal mindset.
Look, I'm not some ultra liberal. I have no problem with conservative views. I don't even necessarily disagree with them.

I believe the death penalty should still be an option in the most extreme situations.

It is not your ideas that I am against!

It is your PASSION. You are posting with the PASSION of a speech of a revolutionary riling up the crowd with a return to some idealic past.

There is NO calm rationality. Its coming out of anger and passion, and not logic. THAT is the recipe for fascism. I do agree with everything the state of California does? Of course not. Do I like taxpayer waste.

Conservatives were NOT this angry and passionate 15-20 years ago. I remember when Rush Limbaugh was a borderline comedian. Those days are over. Now, there is simply a sense of militarism.

Old 11-17-2012, 11:22 AM

Calm rationality comes out of an understanding that everything is too complex for anyone one set of views to have all the answers.

An understanding that everything is too complex for one set of views to have all the answers comes from an education that leads to an understanding that things are complex.

Like I said conservatives did NOT used to be like this. For all his faults, Richard Nixon would have definitely been considered a liberal.

Bringing the troops home, opening the door to China, passing a multitude of environmental laws. What would todays conservative establishment think of this today??

Could Romney have won, if he didn't go insult 47% of the country? Or even he didn't tell the graduating classes, "just go start your own businness. Ask your parents if need the start up money."

The prevailing mindset amongst the conservatives right now, is that you are an entitlement minded slacker, until you have proven to me that you are not. I teach college. I have been asked "so does that mean you are liberal?"

WITCH HUNT!!!

That PUSHES PEOPLE away.

I don't agree with everything Obama does, but if the conservatives and republicans are wondering, why they didn't win - they brought it upon themselves.

The left and liberals have their faults too, but they are not the militant ones in 2012.

Old 11-17-2012, 11:31 AM

26,329 posts, read 93,755,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .highnlite View Post
And all the hostess cupcakes they can eat, make doughie boys out of them. The Death Row inmates were opposed to banning the death penalty. Life is good on Death Row, and the chance of getting fried is low.

I would have preferred to see it banned and the inmates switched to the general population and life without possibility of parole., The cost savings to the state would have been substantial.

And, since DNA has been clearing innocents on death row, it gives other innocents a better chance of getting out, that is, if the state actually fried people.

Put them to work. Pulling weeds, picking crops, clearing trails, sorting things, cleaning up vandalism and graffiti, washing buses, picking up trash, etc. The technology is there to manage them cost effectively. Less demand for illegal aliens.

Prisoners are human resources.

Old 11-17-2012, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
Put them to work. Pulling weeds, picking crops, clearing trails, sorting things, cleaning up vandalism and graffiti, washing buses, picking up trash, etc. The technology is there to manage them cost effectively. Less demand for illegal aliens.

Great idea!

I'm glad there still are still rational conservatives in our midst.

Old 11-17-2012, 11:41 AM

26,329 posts, read 93,755,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex?Il? View Post
Great idea!

I'm glad there still are still rational conservatives in our midst.
I snapped this photo of Madison County Jail dudes picking up trash on 431 between Big Cove and Huntsville Hospital in Huntsville, AL.

I started this thread on this very subject:

//www.city-data.com/forum/great...ave-money.html

Old 11-17-2012, 11:45 AM

6,390 posts, read 9,682,084 times
Quote:

You want to eat crops picked by inmates? Tis true that happens in some states, but I think of my friend who was a guard at the army prison in Leavenworth, the army inmates had to be watched so they would not pee in the Orange Juice.

Remember that the Calfire hand crews are generally inmate crews, and do valuable work. They also do trail work and other forestry work.

Old 11-17-2012, 11:48 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,697,144 times
Aw the good old days.

cool hand luke - YouTube

Old 11-17-2012, 12:17 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,475,357 times
Quote:

Not in California they're not. The labor unions won't have it. They challenged it before claiming it takes jobs away from "honest people." Now if they could unionize inmates I'm sure they'd be all for it but they would expect them to be paid a prevailing wage so they could extract dues.

Old 11-17-2012, 12:21 PM

1,211 posts, read 1,533,960 times
Quote:
Wow. Where to start. Nope. KALIFORNIA is a hell hole and if, HELL HOLE could be started with a C or K it wouldn't change.

The majority of this god forsaken state, KALIFORNIA, wants the death penalty. You liberal communists shoved down my throat Prop 30, saying the people have spoken.

Well, the people of KALIFORNIA with a communist K, have spoken. WE, that includes this black man, who is a conservative, want the death penalty.

This walking, breathing, waste of oxygen should be dead already. However, you COMMUNIST liberals wont let it happen.

What else do you want too know?
If Kalifornia is such a hellhole, why don't you move your @rse to a conservative paradise like Oklahoma, Alabama or Mississippi? Just dont come back crying here when you are subject to segregation, racial slurs and possible violence based on the color of your skin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California