Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2012, 09:41 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,938,866 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVC15 View Post
Why don't you take your angry rants and keep them in the NY forum. You don't live here nor contribute to CA.
Odd that you don't say the same to the out of staters who agree with you...

Old 12-08-2012, 01:02 AM

Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
7,484 posts, read 10,446,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralphkramden View Post
Oh whooops. Hit a nerve. And speaking of nerve, you got more nerve than a bum tooth yourself. I read you patting folks on the back who don't live in California but keep posting the sky is falling crap you love. As long as folks subscribe to your negativity they are welcome to post on your forum. It is your forum, isn't it? I mean since you are the omniscient seer, and the rest of us are ignorants, you get to call the shots, right?
Angry troll you need to keep away from the CA forum since you have not lived here nor do you contribute to this state.

If you had decency in your rants and actual intelligent information to share in a discussion then great but you don't.

I don't see decent nor informative information being shared by you just babbling rage.

You add zero value to the CA forum. I am certain that it would be a much more productive thread without your rambling rage.

Old 12-08-2012, 01:04 AM

30,896 posts, read 36,949,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdJS View Post
So it's the old "If the voters REALLY understood the issues, they'd vote for my guy" thinking.

It didn't work for the Democrats back in the Reagan era, and it doesn't work for the Republicans now.
Actually, if people really understood the issues, they'd understand that voting is only a small part of the whole thing, and in many instances, is a sham.

If people really understood what was going on (at the state, national, and international levels), they would be marching in the streets. But they don't want to look too deeply because they're afraid of what they will find because it is overwhelming, and also because they don't want to be inconvenienced. So, they stay at the surface level of things, hoping things will take care of themselves. (And the people I just described are the ones who would be considered awake).

Old 12-08-2012, 01:08 AM

Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fontucky View Post
Odd that you don't say the same to the out of staters who agree with you...
Why do you find it odd that I have no need to say it about the others who give intelligent factual information? Sorry if it is not what you want to hear from them but at least it is the truth and it is not just babbling angry rants.

I find it odd that you had no clue that Texas was a costal state. But you bash on those who have actual data and factual information about CA. The people I support are not the ones who don't know what they are talking about or those who just throw out BS rants.

I support those who know their facts.

Old 12-08-2012, 01:10 AM

5,648 posts, read 8,055,531 times
Quote:
Why do you find it odd that I have no need to say it about the others who give intelligent factual information? Sorry if it is not what you want to hear from them but at least it is the truth and it is not just babbling angry rants.

I find it odd that you had no clue that Texas was a costal state. But you bash on those who have actual data and factual information about CA. The people I support are not the ones who don't know what they are talking about or those who just throw out BS rants.

I support those who know their facts.
They'll attack anyone who have different views than them. That's real typical of modern folks, especially liberals. Shows how politically correct our society is.

Old 12-08-2012, 01:22 AM

15,088 posts, read 13,447,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshine7793 View Post
Does this surprise anyone?

The Best- and Worst-Run States in America - Yahoo! Finance

The naysayers will say that it doesn't matter. They will tell us that they would never live in any of the well-run states anyway. When will they wise up? Just because CA has great weather and geography does that mean we must accept having our state rate at the bottom every time we are compared to the rest of the country?

Do you dispute the methodology in how they did the ratings? Is it fair?
No, I don't dispute it. I would just point out that the best-run states are the ones with the fewest people, i.e. where no one wants to live.

North Dakota, Iowa, Nebraska... ohhh, sign me up! (not).

Old 12-08-2012, 01:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticaltyger View Post
Actually, if people really understood the issues, they'd understand that voting is only a small part of the whole thing, and in many instances, is a sham.

If people really understood what was going on (at the state, national, and international levels), they would be marching in the streets. But they don't want to look too deeply because they're afraid of what they will find because it is overwhelming, and also because they don't want to be inconvenienced. So, they stay at the surface level of things, hoping things will take care of themselves. (And the people I just described are the ones who would be considered awake).
My dear just go up against the government and see what happens. We are all getting screwed by both parties...but in numbers united we can make change.

It will never happen in CA due to the party idiots.

Of course much more than voting needs to be done...but not many get involved with this.

The we vs. them mentality is what is going to cause the decline of the US.

Here is a nice example of a very intelligent soul who just asked the government a question...and look what happened to him

Dr. Michael J. Burry at UCLA Economics Commencement 2012 - YouTube

Old 12-08-2012, 08:48 AM

16,588 posts, read 27,384,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticaltyger View Post

^This. Explained perfectly my rant in that immigration thread. Voting is definitely a small part of it. The majority of Americans, not just Californians bit Americans in general haven't the foggiest idea how our system really works. Most people don't know states can nullify a law that doesn't work for them. Most people don't know that the candidate we vote for are the ones basically selected by the lobbies. Most people think the constitution forbids secession, it doesn't. Most people refer to our country as a democracy in a pure sense, it isn't. Its a constitutional republic. Most people don't know that we're not a continuous nation but that we're 50 sovereign states in a union. Ever wonder why our president gives a state of the union when most others give a state of the nation address.

My point in all this is, if people knew this, they would have the power they were originally intended to have. So yes they would be marching in the streets if they were awake. I tried that once, since I was alone a guy looked at me and said while pointing"the tenderloin is right over there".

Old 12-08-2012, 10:49 AM

131 posts, read 167,052 times
Quote:
Angry troll you need to keep away from the CA forum since you have not lived here nor do you contribute to this state.

If you had decency in your rants and actual intelligent information to share in a discussion then great but you don't.

I don't see decent nor informative information being shared by you just babbling rage.

You add zero value to the CA forum. I am certain that it would be a much more productive thread without your rambling rage.
I recommend prune juice.

Actually, dear heart, I have lived in California. Loved every minute of it. Nearly six years at one duty station and near two at another. So close to eight all told. Perhaps longer than you, Houston?

Contributions to the state? Oh my! California's very continued existence is on account of my service there I'm told. A half dozen governors across party lines have thanked me personally for my sacrifice and service single-handedly defending the great Golden Bear state. Why Mr. Reagan himself entreated me: "Mr Kramden! Help us tear down these walls of threat to our sovereign freedoms!" And I did just that. Through sweat and toil I labored driving my deuce and a half and fuel tankers and base buses. Your very employment today would likely not be possible were it not for my contributions.

But alas, I had to move on to other frontiers. I could have quit and come back to enjoy the gifts you are living in California, but fulfillment in life comes not from getting what you want but from doing what you feel you must. My riders in Manhatten rely on me. I cannot let them down in their hours of need.

No. The best I can do for California now is attend this important forum, where great minds meet to solve the deepest problems. Here I can offer from afar the perspectives of optimism based on simple, logical observations of all the incredible resources and desirabilities of the state -- to offset the really obnoxious whining of infantile complainers who don't know squat about human history overcoming its challenges.

If you don't see my contributions -- well, you might try the prune juice and re-reading my terrific observations based on facts. KnowwhadImean, Houston?

Old 12-08-2012, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Angry troll you need tokeep away from the CA forum since you no longer live here nor do you contribute to this state.

Corrected one part but the message remains the same.

If you had factual data to contribute with credible sources fine...but all you seem to do is babble on endlessly with your opinions. Most of it is not even worth enguaging in any sort of conversation. You are filling in the gap of another poster who behaved just like this. It has been a nice breath of fresh air since he stopped posting. I see his place has been replaced.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California