Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2012, 06:51 PM

22,661 posts, read 24,599,374 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyTXsmile View Post
Doesn't sound like you've ever been on one.

Though I've used it while living in certain congested cities like DC, I typically am not a fan of public transportation, unless it means I don't have to drive in NYC. I've used MegaBus many times, and the people were normal, it didn't smell like a toilet, and it was a timely, hassle-free way to avoid driving in NYC.

Give it a try. You might be surprised. I certainly was. You know what they say about open minds.

I have rode on buses all over the country.....drove a city-bus in Seattle for 11 years.

When I was driving in Seattle passengers would occasionally go to the center of a 60 foot bus and pee down/on the bellows.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2012, 07:22 PM

1,548 posts, read 3,034,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
I have rode on buses all over the country.....drove a city-bus in Seattle for 11 years.

When I was driving in Seattle passengers would occasionally go to the center of a 60 foot bus and pee down/on the bellows.
That sounds like every city bus I've ever been on. Thankfully, we're talking about Megabus. Now, I'm not promising that CA's will be the same as my experience on the east coast. I can only speak for my good experiences (to my surprise). Like I said, keep an open mind. You might be surprised. I also suspect that location might play a large role in quality.

Old 11-29-2012, 10:34 PM

7,242 posts, read 7,907,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
I've never tried Megabus before... are the people "normal"?

I tried Greyhound once and I could have swore half the people were homeless.

...WOW, I just checked SF to LA and it cost round trip $2.00? Am I doing something wrong? This seems too good to be true!
That's waaaayyyyy cheaper than gas.

Old 11-29-2012, 10:49 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times
I'm seeingg $1 from LA to Oakland. Weird.

Old 11-30-2012, 01:21 AM

9,197 posts, read 16,843,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post
Hmmm interesting if they make a route from the bay to San Diego I might try it. My experience with buses like some others have said isn't great. This includes Greyhound and those dreadful Amtrak buses. The last decent bus I was on was Trailways. Remember them?
These new ones have WiFi. Game changer.

Old 11-30-2012, 10:30 AM

7,242 posts, read 7,907,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
I'm seeingg $1 from LA to Oakland. Weird.
I'm see $1 LA to Vegas too. I bet that bus is packed with old folks looking to spend away their social security on slot machines and early bird specials.

It's interesting that they have Wi-Fi, AC, reclining chairs, individual reading lights, charging plugs for laptops & cellphones in each seat, etc... And yet they're still able to offer the trip for $1 each way. It seems like on busy weekend days they do up the price to $3 though that's still a bargain.

About the only thing they don't offer are the little LED TV screens in the back of the chair in front of you like the airlines do. Still, you can just bring your laptop or Ipad and that would solve that problem especially with the free wifi. Even the double decker bus design looks kind of cool. The only downside is it takes the bus 5 hours to get to Vegas while a plane trip is about 40 minutes and a plane trip only costs ~$75 each way.

Last edited by Think4Yourself; 11-30-2012 at 10:44 AM..

Old 11-30-2012, 10:32 AM

1,220 posts, read 1,595,482 times
Cool!! I prefer to drive my own ride but I'm glad they are here now.

Old 11-30-2012, 12:45 PM

943 posts, read 1,321,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post

The point about Megabus is that they're not like other buses. Among other things, they're cleaner, and they provide free WiFi.

Old 11-30-2012, 01:44 PM

16,289 posts, read 32,345,962 times
I don't normally take the bus but I do know that Greyhound stops in my area and Megabus doesn't. If I am going to drive an hour or more to get to them then I would just continue driving. LOL

Old 09-13-2016, 05:19 AM

1 posts, read 584 times
Now I can travel between San Fran, LA and Vegas without driving[/quote]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California