Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2012, 08:21 AM

1,548 posts, read 3,034,241 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praline View Post
I agree with you 100% on that point - CA pizza is just okay not outstanding. I've simply accepted the fact that I'll probably not get a good pizza here and when I go back to Chicago for a visit or go out to the East Coast, I indulge my pizza cravings almost as soon as I get off the plane. There are many things I love about California, but the food is not at the top of the list.
I've had many NY pies, but never a Chicago pie, but I've heard stories. If I ever get out to visit friends there, it's top of my list of things to try.

I wouldn't say CA has bad food. What I would say is that every place is great at something, so that's what I mainly eat (aside from all the veggies I make at home 90% of the time) when I'm there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2012, 08:26 AM

1,548 posts, read 3,034,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticaltyger View Post
I know someone who rents a room in the L.A. area for $200 a month, too..Exceptions to the rule are still exceptions.
Woah, that's unheard of. Good for them! Good point, though. lol

Old 01-07-2013, 09:29 AM

1 posts, read 1,326 times
Hi Charles,

I'm looking to relocate to CA and noticed that your company paid for your relocation. What company do you work for?

Old 01-08-2013, 04:50 PM

639 posts, read 1,123,773 times
I grew up in Colorado and have lived in San Diego and several states along the east coast including Florida and New York.

Quality of life is initially what you make of it. On the other hand, I believe it's easier to have a higher quality of life in some places than others. California is indeed expensive. For quality of life, it depends on where I'm comparing it to. For me, California and Colorado are on par with each other when it comes to QOL. Compared to Florida, I would say California was slightly better. But I lived in WPB/Miami, so QOL was no slouch there.

I then moved to downstate NY briefly and now I'm in upstate NY. Compared to New York, California is way better in terms of QOL. Upstate NY has a low COL, but in return it's economically depressed, contains many blight cities, and it probably has the worst weather in the US. As for NYC area, COL is just as expensive, if not, more expensive than California. The reason why I thought QOL was better in California compared to the NYC area was because of offerings. California has great, vibrant cities, amazing weather, and fantastic outdoor activities which makes the high price worth it in many ways. NYC region, the only thing you're paying for is being close to NYC, not weather or great outdoor recreation.

Old 01-08-2013, 04:52 PM

639 posts, read 1,123,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Praline View Post
I agree with you 100% on that point - CA pizza is just okay not outstanding. I've simply accepted the fact that I'll probably not get a good pizza here and when I go back to Chicago for a visit or go out to the East Coast, I indulge my pizza cravings almost as soon as I get off the plane. There are many things I love about California, but the food is not at the top of the list.
California doesn't may not have as good pizza as the east coast, but the Mexican food is heck of a lot better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California