Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2012, 02:44 PM

6,390 posts, read 9,686,006 times

Advertisements

This is a good one, must be South California!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2012, 03:00 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,790,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .highnlite View Post
I bet you ride a road bike, one o them bikes with the fenders right down over the tire, all fancied up in pretty colors and you wear pretty colors just like the bikes paint job.

Look dearie, I know you like to get all wound up, but, I been doing economics since way before you were born, I manage a thousand acres of farmland in CA and two ranches in NV, I pay more property tax each year than than you and YTG and some others make in total income. Ah done forgot more economics than you have ever learned.

Your problem is not unusual, your thinking is thrown off by your ideological beliefs, it happens, to conservatives.

I figure you for a boat bass fishergirl. Sit around, drink beer, complain, hope something bites the line.
I bet you also wanted to be an enganere, so went to skool and now you is one.

I'm kidding

While you're gazing into your crystal ball, can you "figure what I am"? Born in SoCal, ride bikes, surf, ski, married with grown kids.

Old 12-17-2012, 03:15 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,484,310 times
Quote:
Why the insults?
That's rich. If it wasn't so hypocritical and clueless I'd almost consider it humorous. You routinely insult anyone who doesn't agree with you and any place you've never been, which is likely most of them, or more broadly, any place that isn't California or Nevada and then you have the absolute hubris to ask that question.

Old 12-17-2012, 03:28 PM

28,115 posts, read 63,680,034 times
Posts are straying from topic...

Old 12-17-2012, 04:04 PM

6,390 posts, read 9,686,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
That's rich. If it wasn't so hypocritical and clueless I'd almost consider it humorous. You routinely insult anyone who doesn't agree with you and any place you've never been, which is likely most of them, or more broadly, any place that isn't California or Nevada and then you have the absolute hubris to ask that question.
Tease is the appropriate adjective, and not California or Nevada, but those who live east of the 100th meridian and Conservatives, and that is it. One has never heard me tease anyone in AZ or OR, or WA or West Texas etc.

Phil came out of the blue with nonsense, which I found a little surprising as I generally have nothing to do with his bitter rants, some bee got in his bonnet.

The following two sentences are on topic.

Ultimately regarding this thread, the whiners and complainers cannot stand the fact that there is actually little difference in tax rates among the states. They come up with all sorts of oddities rather than just saying, dang, there really is little difference, then getting their fishing pole and going fishing.

Tis true I reckon that for fishing, Phil considers sitting in a boat the appropriate way to fish, never could stand to do that. Course he apparently likes weight training. If he had a place in rural America with us hicks, he could chop firewood, heat his house and save the cost of a gym membership.

Old 12-17-2012, 04:40 PM

Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
7,484 posts, read 10,449,471 times
You have proven to everyone that you have zero understanding about CA taxes vs. other states.

If you are going to post at least show some level of intelligence on the subject.

Old 12-17-2012, 07:34 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,484,310 times
Quote:
Tease is the appropriate adjective, and not California or Nevada, but those who live east of the 100th meridian and Conservatives, and that is it. One has never heard me tease anyone in AZ or OR, or WA or West Texas etc.
OK! I get it now. One of our favorite Dia de los Muertos artists lives and works in Mexico City. He does marvelous fine work with paint brushes he makes of hairs from the tails of his cats. You must be the one who splits them for him.

Old 12-17-2012, 09:58 PM

14,044 posts, read 27,222,159 times
Folks....

Old 12-18-2012, 07:44 AM

880 posts, read 1,415,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewToCA View Post
Folks....
You are right "splitting hairs" is not on topic.

It will never make anyone rich in CA or elsewhere.

Old 12-18-2012, 02:21 PM

890 posts, read 1,850,071 times
I recently moved from Texas to CA.

My car insurance dropped $20 a month for the same coverage (yes, I realize WHERE in each state you live makes a difference).

I also noticed the taxes on my cell phone bill are actually about $12 less per month.

On two vehicles, the registration costs are slightly higher here, but more than made up for with the insurance reduction.

Property taxes are projected to be significantly less - but is offset by the income tax I am paying now.

As I said in another thread, if they don't get you one way, they get you another. Overall, I'm much happier in CA.

That's just me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California