Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2013, 09:08 PM

19 posts, read 31,158 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVC15 View Post
Do you have more than a highschool education?

What skills do you have?
I was studying in an Economics University, but I haven't graduated from there because after 3rd grade I came here. I have some experience in sales and data entry, I know 3 languages: Armenian, English, Russian, have good knowledge of Microsoft Office's programs and I served in Army
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2013, 09:12 PM

6,802 posts, read 6,713,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest555 View Post
I was studying in an Economics University, but I haven't graduated from there because after 3rd grade I came here. I have some experience in sales and data entry, I know 3 languages: Armenian, English, Russian, have good knowledge of Microsoft Office's programs and I served in Army
Sounds like a plan. Enlist. I hear they like people who know multiple languages.

Old 01-23-2013, 09:13 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,938,866 times
I had a cabdriver once who had been a medical doctor in Romania. He came over here and started over, from the bottom. Maybe you need some patience.

Old 01-23-2013, 09:33 PM

7,150 posts, read 10,896,236 times
Your written English is only slightly imperfect -- way better than many contributors to this forum who claim to be American-born, educated, and earning good money ... so ... either you are a troll having some fun or you have a good foundation, with three years of university to help, as the economy improves.

Now, that said, if you are really sincere here and have endured military rigor, CalFire is hiring -- challenging physical work for a great service and good career path. Also, with your being multi-lingual you might have a shot at a government job utilizing those language skills if you prefer non-physical work.

Good friend way back was an attorney in Vietnam. Came to America -- opened a cafe. But the cafe was a success ... so ...

Good luck trolling or getting hired on somewhere, whichever.

Old 01-23-2013, 09:59 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,938,866 times
Of course, my cabdriver had lived most of his life beneath the Marxist jackboot and had endured the gentle government of Nicolae Ceaușescu and his dreaded Securitate, so maybe driving a cab in OC was preferable to what he left. All I know is, he wasn't whining like this Armenian is, after a mere 6 months.

Old 01-23-2013, 10:15 PM

19 posts, read 31,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fontucky View Post
Of course, my cabdriver had lived most of his life beneath the Marxist jackboot and had endured the gentle government of Nicolae Ceaușescu and his dreaded Securitate, so maybe driving a cab in OC was preferable to what he left. All I know is, he wasn't whining like this Armenian is, after a mere 6 months.
I can't help me not saying this. Are you crazy? I'm not whining, I'm just looking for a solution to my problem. I want to improve my life and I smart enough to do so, I just was expecting a good advice, but not a contempt from you

Old 01-23-2013, 10:18 PM

6,802 posts, read 6,713,845 times
Quote:
I can't help me not saying this. Are you crazy? I'm not whining, I'm just looking for a solution to my problem. I want to improve my life and I smart enough to do so, I just was expecting a good advice, but not a contempt from you
Keep pounding the pavement.

Go back to school and finish off the degree.

Old 01-23-2013, 10:19 PM

2,325 posts, read 2,651,508 times
Six months. Wow. There are college graduates that have been looking for a job for years. Americans with doctorates are driving taxis. Millions of people lost their jobs and have been out of work for years. Many have been forced to take low paying jobs they were overqualified for. Millions of people have lost their homes because they could no longer pay the mortgage. In other words, time are hard. Your expectations are unrealistic in today's economic climate and you need to grow up and stop whining. It's nothing personal - as we have told you (and you should be aware if you listen to the news) literally millions of Americans are out of work. And Glendale is Armenian central - I live near there and do a lot of business there and most of the people I deal with are Armenian.

Old 01-24-2013, 12:18 AM

37,135 posts, read 42,203,740 times
Did you like Armenia better? There is an answer to your problem in there somewhere.

Old 01-24-2013, 12:24 AM

Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
7,484 posts, read 10,446,309 times
Quote:
Income tax time is quickly approaching us...possibly look into working at a tax preparation business.

I would also think that data entry jobs would be plenty but I don't really know since I have never worked as one.

Another thought...hospital interpreter for Russian and Armenian.

Sorry to hear that you are having a difficult time finding work. It is truly depressing when trying so hard and getting nowhere.

I would encourage you to continue looking as well as consider a job head hunter (people who help you find employment)

Don't give up!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California