Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2013, 05:04 PM

6,802 posts, read 6,713,435 times

Advertisements

Nor here. But we do have a Habit Burger now. Will have to check that out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2013, 06:04 PM

8,704 posts, read 11,115,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDF View Post
Damn, that Habit burger looks good. Going to have to go there now. But I found this article interesting: In-N-Out vs. Five Guys vs. Shake Shack: The First Bi-Coastal Side-By-Side Taste Test

In-N-Out is no slouch, but I will always prefer Shake Shack as far as the burgers go.
Nobody is going to trust a bunch of new yorkers here. They flew the In-N-Out burger to NY for a taste test....Then in their own categories InNOut wins 4 categories to 2 for ShakeShack and 1 for 5Guys, and then they proclaim SS the winner...... Really though, this is a very new burger joint with only about 15-20 locations and they dont compete in any markets where In-N-Out is, so it really doesnt matter.

That Habit burger looks good though, the fact its char grilled takes it up a notch for me, will have to try soon.

highnlite - somehow I think you knew what you were starting here!

Last edited by slo1318; 01-31-2013 at 06:26 PM..

Old 01-31-2013, 06:07 PM

8,704 posts, read 11,115,340 times
Zagat’s 2012 fast food survey results are out. The popular restaurant guide surveyed 10,554 people who made a total of 1.2 million trips to fast food eateries per year. They ranked their favorite chains based on popularity, food, decor and service. The chains were divided between two categories: large, with 100 to 5,000 locations and mega, with over 5,000 locations in the United States.

In-n-Out Burger
#1 on the large chain lists for most popular
#1 top-rated food
#1 service
#1 top overall

Fun Facts, re: Facebook:

In n Out is the 11th most liked fast food chain on Facebook despite being the only one in the top 20 with less than 1000 locations (270 locations).

Chefs pick top fast food:

The Winner: In-N-Out Burger

"The hamburger is definitive, greasy but oddly clean-tasting at the same time and the sauce actually is 'special.' And the shake tastes the way shakes tasted back when I was a kid. It makes me tear up just thinkin' about it." — Alton Brown, host of Iron Chef America
Order: One hamburger "Animal Style" and a chocolate shake
"I dare anyone to tell me their burgers aren't as good as any you'll find anywhere, from fast food to fine dining." — Tyler Florence, host of Tyler's Ultimate
Order: Double-double cheeseburger "Animal Style"
"It's fast, it's hot, there are code words — what's not to enjoy?" — David Myers, Sona and Comme Ca, Los Angeles
Order: Double-double cheeseburger "Animal Style" and fries

Read more: Top Fast Food Restaurants - Chef Reviews of Best Fast Food Restaurants - Esquire Top Fast Food Restaurants - Chef Reviews of Best Fast Food Restaurants - Esquire

Old 01-31-2013, 09:22 PM
PDF

11,395 posts, read 13,413,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slo1318 View Post
Nobody is going to trust a bunch of new yorkers here. They flew the In-N-Out burger to NY for a taste test....Then in their own categories InNOut wins 4 categories to 2 for ShakeShack and 1 for 5Guys, and then they proclaim SS the winner...... Really though, this is a very new burger joint with only about 15-20 locations and they dont compete in any markets where In-N-Out is, so it really doesnt matter.

That Habit burger looks good though, the fact its char grilled takes it up a notch for me, will have to try soon.

highnlite - somehow I think you knew what you were starting here!
I'm not a New Yorker. Just a Florida boy who visits NYC frequently and is about to make the move to California.

But they did say it was all about the meat. I do agree that they aren't competition for In-N-Out, they are more in the same league as Five Guys. Awesome burgers at a more expensive price. I just happened to enjoy their stuff more than In-N-Out.

Old 01-31-2013, 11:10 PM

858 posts, read 1,145,465 times
I've had in and out a few times and honestly think Wendy's is the best burger chain. Better burger and fries. I will definitely give in and out some more chances to change my mind based on what some people have posted here. That said, the BEST burgers are the non-chains gigs. BUT, its a hit and miss. It boggles the mind when some of these places seem to take no pride in making an awesome burger. The others are gold.

Old 02-01-2013, 12:43 AM

9,197 posts, read 16,839,136 times
Here in Silicon Valley, mentions should include St. John's Bar and Grill in Sunnyvale; Foster's Freeze, Kirk's Steakburgers, Juicy Burger, and I did quite like Red Robin.

St John's:

Old 02-01-2013, 10:27 AM

17,635 posts, read 22,632,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senno View Post
Yeah, unfortunately. We have Foster's Freeze but no DQ's. The last DQ I ate at was in Boise and it was pretty good. Took in a minor league baseball game up there as well.

I googled DQ locations central valley, and the internet returns Redding as the closest. Probably news to those in Redding that the internet considers them to be in the central valley, hehe.
There are Dairy Queen locations in Salinas, CA...

Dairy Queen Salinas CA, Hours & Locations

Old 02-01-2013, 10:59 AM

50,260 posts, read 47,017,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Took you long enough.
I just got this too <ashamed>

Old 02-01-2013, 03:28 PM

23,525 posts, read 24,006,421 times
5 Guys

Old 02-01-2013, 04:04 PM

858 posts, read 1,501,181 times
Well it WAS Burger Lounge in South Lake, but they recently closed shop.

My second vote goes to Squeeze inn, hands down.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California