Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2013, 05:11 PM

6,390 posts, read 9,684,265 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonard64 View Post
I think most people, or I hope most people, are not concerned based on race. Rather they are concerned with the changes that an illegal population brings. Hispanic, European, Asian or whatever, illegal is illegal.

Once a law of that nature is broken it leads to others merely to survive. Worse yet gangs proliferate then as the illegals cannot go to the authorities and report the problems or they get deported or jailed (in their minds at least) and this means they are left helpless in the face of such gangs. This of course means the rest of the legal population is now also confronted with the gang activity and must endure and pay for the results. This is not simply driving without a license or over the speed limit, which many legal residents do. Now it impacts society in a far greater way.

Ghettos' with no rule of law, gangs with no fear of the Law, neighborhoods with minimal hope their children legal and illegal will ever get out and escape the problems they now face. It isn't like the Irish or Italian problems of centuries past where within a few generations they assimilated. Nope the State and Country are acquiring large populations that do not assimilate and in effect bring/create the very problems they were fleeing and that "good" people were trying to help them escape from.

It isn't "Hispanics" it is illegals and the negative societal impact they have, regardless of the work they do or even what taxes they may pay. If the Agricultural worker, Landscaper, Construction worker, Restaurant worker, etc is faced with a gang demanding his money, he has nowhere to turn and that simply empowers the gangs. If the employer robs him, he has nowhere to turn. To survive he may become part of a group that fills a house with too many people, leading to increased health problems and costs associated with non essential emergency room treatment, and many more problems are created that harms society both legal and illegal.

CA is simply doing as it always does, setting the example. In this case a bad one.

Well, that is a load of marlarky. So the poster thinks that the folks out in the fields working to get his vegies are gang members.....

Tooo Funny....

Here is the actual facts, the illegals come here to work, and they work, of course, since the Obama Administration tightened the borders, in part by putting $18,000,000,000 into border enforcement, the number of illegals entering to work has dropped way off, forcing, growers, to recruit where they can, and guess what, now they are taking more citizens, the problem they are finding is,,,,,,, guess what,,,,, these citizens are often gang members.. Voila!

The will tell the grower things like,," you can ask me to work, but if you tell me to do something I don't want to do, I will kill you."

Citizens here folks, not illegals.

Old 02-02-2013, 05:22 PM

880 posts, read 1,415,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .highnlite View Post
Well, that is a load of marlarky. So the poster thinks that the folks out in the fields working to get his vegies are gang members.....

Tooo Funny....

Here is the actual facts, the illegals come here to work, and they work, of course, since the Obama Administration tightened the borders, in part by putting $18,000,000,000 into border enforcement, the number of illegals entering to work has dropped way off, forcing, growers, to recruit where they can, and guess what, now they are taking more citizens, the problem they are finding is,,,,,,, guess what,,,,, these citizens are often gang members.. Voila!

The will tell the grower things like,," you can ask me to work, but if you tell me to do something I don't want to do, I will kill you."

Citizens here folks, not illegals.
Typical nonsense response for you (and I know you can do better).

You attack a point I never made. You claim I was saying: "that the folks out in the fields working to get his vegies are gang members....."

I did not say Ag workers were or are gang members. I said illegals who include many types of workers are preyed on by gang members and due to their illegal status do not turn them in and in fact are afraid to for two reasons. One their own status and two retaliation by the gangs that prey on them.

I am also sure some of the them do as you suggest. Wait would that not make them "like" gang members who use threats of violence? I think you just made my point and contradicted your own.

I hate to tell you this but there is more to life than your Ag business. Far more people are hurt by the problem than just Ag owners who are ..... threatened by .... humm, gang members or those who act like them.

I suspect you did not actually read my post, but I am glad I read yours.

Old 02-02-2013, 05:51 PM

6,802 posts, read 6,715,308 times
I for one think Leonard made a logical argument that sums up the need for a logical path to citizenship quite nicely.

Thanks Leonard for the fine post.

Maybe then people can get an education and get hired by legitimate business and not fear deportation.

Old 02-02-2013, 06:07 PM

1,981 posts, read 3,151,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonard64 View Post
Typical nonsense response for you (and I know you can do better).

You attack a point I never made. You claim I was saying: "that the folks out in the fields working to get his vegies are gang members....."

I did not say Ag workers were or are gang members. I said illegals who include many types of workers are preyed on by gang members and due to their illegal status do not turn them in and in fact are afraid to for two reasons. One their own status and two retaliation by the gangs that prey on them.

I am also sure some of the them do as you suggest. Wait would that not make them "like" gang members who use threats of violence? I think you just made my point and contradicted your own.

I hate to tell you this but there is more to life than your Ag business. Far more people are hurt by the problem than just Ag owners who are ..... threatened by .... humm, gang members or those who act like them.

I suspect you did not actually read my post, but I am glad I read yours.

Really...? Like what?
Ya know you can not eat an "Apple" ipad

I contend NOTHING is more important than agriculture....

Additionally go back and read what highnlight said.... By reducing illegal immigration, we are in fact putting gang members in the fields..

Which is a pain for the farmers, but I suspect good for society in the long run... Teach them snot nose punks how to be men..
(I mean really a "gang" member is a young man that needs something to do.. Needs purpose so on and so forth... Soft handed city punk "gang" members will be to darn tuckered out after a days work in the field to threaten they will "kill" someone...)

Get the urban youth groups linked up with the growers..... Get these kids a job!

IMO this is great news... !!

Old 02-02-2013, 06:11 PM

14,044 posts, read 27,219,039 times
becoming too much of a P&OC topic, closed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California