Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-11-2013, 07:25 PM

6,802 posts, read 6,714,500 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtrader View Post
What both of you are ignoring, is that desirability of a place to live, has nothing to do with the poverty rate.
Yes it does. I and others have no desire to live around abject poverty.

If I were poor I'd rather live in CA in the sun rather than Montana in the snow. Easy choice.

So we provide the best we can for the poor.

Then you ***** about the COLA.

It's a free country and people can live where they choose, and 10% of the country give or take chooses CA.

And your median income shows CA still in the lead, and we unexpectedly had over 4 billion in additional taxes collected recently. Seems we are recovering slowly.

I keep pushing "Move to Montana" around here, but don't get any takers. Why is that do ya think?

Hey TVC, move to Montana, they might need ya up there. Methinks TVC will say "no thanks".

Meanwhile your very low population in Montana says tons about your state. Not many people want to live there...

Old 02-11-2013, 07:32 PM

444 posts, read 665,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonard64 View Post
This is what they don't see.

Many care about CA, but are also honest enough to speak of the problems and not simply knock the State. How bad off another State may or may not be does not change the problems in CA.

They can't admit it, CA must be perfect (accordi8g to them), after all they live there.
Leonard, quote me where any Californian said that their state is perfect. Since we do love to talk, cheerlead and defend our state does that mean we think it is perfect? Get outta here,man!

Old 02-11-2013, 07:41 PM

6,802 posts, read 6,714,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonard64 View Post
This is what they don't see.

Many care about CA, but are also honest enough to speak of the problems and not simply knock the State. How bad off another State may or may not be does not change the problems in CA.

They can't admit it, CA must be perfect (accordi8g to them), after all they live there.
Move on back and hire some peeps Leonard!

Incoming COLA argument from Leonard in 5, 4, 3....

Old 02-11-2013, 07:44 PM

Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
7,484 posts, read 10,447,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post
I shouldn't even deal with you but, use your so called logic then to explain this one:

You and several others argued that CA companies have been expanding outside of the state because of the reasons you guys have been tirelessly repeating.

Why then is Arizona based Go-Daddy.com expanding into the Silicon Valley and hiring in Sunnyvale? Why the hell didn't they go to Texas? Why did they choose California?

Go ahead, amuse me!
So in your mind Go-Daddy.com is one company expanding into the Silicon Valley makes up for all of the companies leaving here? I am also amused by your so called logic.

BTW show me where I have posted over and over why companies are leaving CA?

It is Californians that need to understand why companies are leaving. I think Oldtrader does a very good job trying to inform those that just can't seem to grasp it. And you know who you are

Old 02-11-2013, 07:47 PM

16,588 posts, read 27,387,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVC15 View Post
So in your mind Go-Daddy.com is one company expanding into the Silicon Valley makes up for all of the companies leaving here? I am also amused by your so called logic.

BTW show me where I have posted over and over why companies are leaving CA?

It is Californians that need to understand why companies are leaving. I think Oldtrader does a very good job trying to inform those that just can't seem to grasp it. And you know who you are
Ok, you given me a response but you haven't given me an answer.

Old 02-11-2013, 07:47 PM

Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senno View Post
Hey TVC, move to Montana, they might need ya up there. Methinks TVC will say "no thanks".

Meanwhile your very low population in Montana says tons about your state. Not many people want to live there...
I have nothing against Montana but I would really like to experience living in the sunniest part of Tasmania! Build a beautiful log cabin and explore that place. That is my next adventure!

Old 02-11-2013, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post
Ok, you given me a response but you haven't given me an answer.
Well since I personally don't know the decision makers on that move...I can't give you an honest answer...and I certainly hate to assume anything.

Old 02-11-2013, 07:49 PM

9,891 posts, read 11,764,474 times
Question: If California high tech industries, and many others doing so great in California, why have the number of STEM jobs declined over the past 10 years, at a time they are growing in most other states? STEM jobs are the background of the economy in a state and becoming more important all the time.

Question: If California was doing so great, why are they spending 1/3rd of all poverty money in the nation which is completely out of reason when figured on a per capita basis. That is hundreds percent higher than would be expected for a state with the population of California. In other words, 1/16th of the nations population, but spending 1/3rd of the whole countries poverty funds.

Question: If California was doing so great, why is the unemployment rate so high? For every STEM job created it effects about 6 other lower range jobs by increasing the demand for other goods and services.

Question: If California was doing so great, why are their schools seeing so few kids able to pass their 8th grade tests, to evaluate how well the school system is working, and why is the dropout rate so high?

Question: If California was doing so great, why do they have the terrible budget problem they have, and why do they have to keep raising taxes and still not catching up? Montana, has a balanced budget, not a terrible deficit as an example.

Until some of the people in California take off their rose colored glasses and look at the facts, the state will continue to decline before their eyes.

Old 02-11-2013, 07:50 PM

444 posts, read 665,402 times
TVC...oldtrader likes to cite a bogus link that claims something about 5 companies leaving CA each week. He was called out on it. There are no companies leaving California. Maybe some that expand elsewhere but there are no legitimate links or otherwise that support this (unless you cite Newgeography or Fox News crap)

Old 02-11-2013, 07:52 PM

16,588 posts, read 27,387,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVC15 View Post
Well since I personally don't know the decision makers on that move...I can't give you an honest answer...and I certainly hate to assume anything.
Well I will accept your graciously backing out of this one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California