Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2013, 08:18 PM

231 posts, read 590,611 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Comment #1 sees all. What you write is balderdash. Since what you predict is unsustainable, the trends will self-correct.

My mutt had the flees once ... we were glad to see them go when they did.
Are you saying that middle class people are fleas? Or are you saying the people leaving California are fleas?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2013, 11:50 PM

9,197 posts, read 16,839,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OGTSO View Post
Are you saying that middle class people are fleas? Or are you saying the people leaving California are fleas?
If Spokane is a dog, then it ought to get a truckload of Roundup cuz CA's sending all kinds of fleas up there, and it's gonna itch!

Old 02-18-2013, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdumbgod View Post
If Spokane is a dog, then it ought to get a truckload of Roundup cuz CA's sending all kinds of fleas up there, and it's gonna itch!
Roundup kills weeds not fleas. Brilliant attempt big dumb Frontline is the brand name you probably intended to use. Then it becomes funny....see!

Old 02-18-2013, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Roundup kills weeds not fleas. Brilliant attempt big dumb Frontline is the brand name you probably intended to use. Then it becomes funny....see!
Gall dang it, yer right. Confusing the weed stuff with the stinky stuff the roomies spray the dogs with. Unpleasant stuff, both.

The Roundup would do better to repel the invaders from CA, if you folks are so inclined. Might scatter them to ID or MT.

Last edited by bigdumbgod; 02-18-2013 at 10:53 PM..

Old 02-19-2013, 08:24 AM

50,262 posts, read 47,023,439 times
Quote:
Gall dang it, yer right. Confusing the weed stuff with the stinky stuff the roomies spray the dogs with. Unpleasant stuff, both.

The Roundup would do better to repel the invaders from CA, if you folks are so inclined. Might scatter them to ID or MT.
we don't round em up, we chuck money at em.

Old 02-19-2013, 09:22 AM

Quote:

I am one of those invaders and I have no interest in repeling anybody that would like to move here. I welcome all. Even if you are bigdumb

Old 02-20-2013, 09:12 PM

Quote:
I am one of those invaders and I have no interest in repeling anybody that would like to move here. I welcome all. Even if you are bigdumb
Nope, not in any hurry to invade anybody else's territory. Standing pat here in San Joneser. Got another soccer season about to start, and a new stadium on tap.

Old 07-28-2013, 10:27 AM

240 posts, read 586,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HereOnMars View Post

I love this picture. I've read loads of books about wagon trains going west. It's hard to believe this was a common picture of the west less than 150 years ago. We used to have a copy shop in Montana. We found maps showing original locations of homesteads in a couple of Montana counties. One of the map books I made had a picture of a wagon with all their belongings loaded all over it. That is another reason why this picture really caught my eye.

Old 07-28-2013, 07:12 PM

9,891 posts, read 11,762,441 times
An interesting graphic showing the old and the new migration patterns for Ca.

• View topic - Interesting California migration trends

Interesting articles

California is in for a World of Hurt | Newgeography.com

As Jerry Brown Touts California In China, Its Citizens Pack Their Bags - Forbes

The real estate market recovering, will be a big driving force to increase the number of people leaving California.

California Migration: High Housing Prices, Not Jobs Or Taxes, Most Responsible For Pushing People Out, Report Finds

Why Do People Leave California? | Trulia Trends

Best and worst states to make a living. Note California is the 4th worst state in the nation. Montana is one worst, but Montana has one thing that California does not have. Seven Indian Reservations with the largest larger than a small state. The U.S. Government controls those reservation, and has held down the job opportunities for the people that live there and poverty is rampant. It holds down the average income for the state, and raises the poverty rate which is still lower than California's and many other states by far. The tribes along with the state are suing to get where the reservations have more control.

10 Best & Worst States to Make a Living - CBS News

Few facts.

California by far the worst poverty rate in the nation, with 1 in 3 people living in poverty living in California, using up 1/3rd of federal poverty funds.

Second only to Nevada with an 18% U6 unemployment rate which is considered the true unemployment rate in the nation.

Alternative Measures of Labor Underutilization for States

Old 07-28-2013, 07:48 PM

7,150 posts, read 10,896,236 times
And yet every house for sale sells ... every job is filled ... but you advocate for more ... which will increase prices of housing, deplete resources, strain utilities, add pollution ...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California